PDA

View Full Version : ? about beadlocks

erichsen18
01-26-2004, 05:22 PM
well i ordered some burgard beadlocks and razr 2s for the rear and i got the tires today but no rims and i was just wondering for when i get ready to mount these up if i have to do anything to the beadlock ring when i put air in these tires. I just dont know if any air will seep out of the ring or not? Because i have experience with dirt racing and my friend races dirt cars and they usually run beadlocks and he sometimes puts silicone around the ring and then tighten it down so no air leaks. Has anyone had this problem?

01-26-2004, 05:27 PM
i thouight you had to tighten the beasdlocks down or something..i dont really know, i hate it when people buy beadlocks to just look cool when theres no way in hell the riding they do ever has the bead come off the rim.

erichsen18
01-26-2004, 06:25 PM
i got the beadlocks b.c my friend has the regular douglas .190 rims and the outside edge seems like it gets beat up pretty bad so i bought the beadlocks for strengthening purposes not to just look cool.

01-26-2004, 07:03 PM
k...i wasnt saying you did that

tnine416
01-26-2004, 07:04 PM
I got beadlocks on the back of mine and I have had no problems with air leaking out ( no silicone used either).

yeah, there are screws on the outside of the rims, that will need to be tightened (at least mine did)

01-26-2004, 08:26 PM
put a bead of silicon around the middle of the rim, and the welded edges.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
01-27-2004, 09:24 AM
I put a bead of silicone on my beadlocks when I mounted them a couple of days ago they seem to be holding air :) I must say putting a tire on a beadlock (piece of cake) compared to a regular rim except for all the bolt on the ring :macho

remlapr
01-27-2004, 09:43 AM
Anybody know the best silicone to use? My front hipers are leaking around the ring and around the stud holes :rolleyes: :(

spincr4hire
01-27-2004, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by remlapr
Anybody know the best silicone to use? My front hipers are leaking around the ring and around the stud holes :rolleyes: :(

My rear still leaks, but its a VERY slow leak. I used A LOT of WD-40 on the inside of the ring before I tightened it down. I may try the silicon as a last resort. I've heard using a cordless drill with the 12 star bit attached is the easiest way to tighten them.

Doibugu2
01-27-2004, 10:10 AM
Did you guys torque your Hipers down? Mine seem to be holding air, but I don't have them on the quad yet.

mustang93
01-27-2004, 01:09 PM
I have lost a bead on my ITP baja rears/ wish I had bead the locks.. What is the minimum pressure you can run with a bead lock?

erichsen18
01-27-2004, 01:16 PM
well im not to happy with burgard right now. i ordered my tires and rims from C&D racing last monday and i got the tires yesterday and i called burgard today to see where the rims were and they told me they still havent shipped them out after a week! Now i have to wait another 3 or 4 days before i get the rims. Either Friday or next monday.

shamisc
01-27-2004, 05:08 PM
Have patience grasshoppa!! Izzy is very busy, But I guarantee you'll be EXTREMELY HAPPY with these! Great wheels for the money! Alot of guys on here have them without having any probs. I've got my tires mounted but I'm still waiting on my axle and pipe so I haven't rode them. They are a breeze to put on. I do recommend a drill or an air ratchet b/c thats alot of bolts to tighten. Just snug them up in an even criss-cross pattern before you crank down on them. Also, put something up under the rear wheels to keep the wheel from falling back in the tire when you mount your tires. If you're concerned where your wheels are, just give Izzy a call and he'll be more than happy to help ya!
1-888-771-8600 ;)