View Full Version : New rear Maier is flopping...need help

redroost85
01-26-2004, 04:41 PM
I was finally able to run the quad for the first time in 2 months after rebuilds and repairs. The new Maier is awesome.....although the rear seems to be flopping too much for my liking. I replaced the bar that attaches to the seat that is supposed to support the plastic, but it only touches on one side or the other.

Is there a way to secure the rear plastic to reduce the flop? Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.:)

toledo ex
01-26-2004, 05:07 PM
i just ordered some maier, and i tell you what, if my plastics start hoppin and floppin around ima get really ticked off.......

RedEX Baron
01-26-2004, 06:32 PM
my 300ex rear maier plastic has L brackets that attach to the factory fender support, flopped around alot until i took ten minutes and did it right..im happy with it ..is your diff? or maybe missing the install pack.

416rider
01-26-2004, 06:59 PM
:devil: I had The Same Problem and all I did with the black bar that attaches on the seat I bent the ends over so it would stay attached to the bracket attached to the plastics.:devil:

optikid123
01-26-2004, 07:38 PM
my maier dosent flop on my 400 and i have no brackets on

redroost85
01-26-2004, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the ideas guys. I should say when I mean 'flop' I don't mean crazy *** looking like I am gonna take off cause I got wings back there.....but it seems to move too much with just normal riding.

I think I might have a bracket so I can bolt the fenders to the cross bar under the seat.

exboy400
01-27-2004, 08:19 PM
if i were you i would just deal with the flopping because if you flip you are going to be thankful you didnt put any brackets back there because if you flip without brackets...your fenders are going to bend and flex...not break and snap becasue they are attached