PDA

View Full Version : Hesitating?

02-24-2002, 07:23 PM
I just had a K&N power kit installed on my 2002 300ex with a FMF MegaMax II exhaust and head Pipe. I definately see and feel a big difference I was wondering one thing though when I start off in first gear and rev out my motor I notice a hesitance ( like a choking feeling) Before I go into 2nd gear and then the same when in 2nd to 3rd. What is this Does? Any body out there have a solution? Maybe a governor? Please help !!!:huh

Lil90man!!
02-25-2002, 04:23 AM
Its your rev-limiter, all 300's limiter is set WAY low, especially with any mods. our local dealer will take it out for you for around $60(i think) they have to go into your little black box thingy and cut a few wires, only draw back u rev it to high/to long you'll float one of your vavles then u getta tear into the engine:( i am still looking for an aftermarket one that just rasies the thing a little

Scott
02-25-2002, 07:54 AM
lilman: A 300 doesn't have pushrods and hydraulic lifters like a car may, so you can't "float a valve". On the 300 one end of the rocker rides on the cam (which is the end people are talking about when they say they're going to get the rocker hard faced) and the other end works the valve. The rev limiter keeps you from over-revving the engine. If you run the stock engine above the rev limiter, you are risking hurting the engine. Could be a bearing, rod, valve, rocker, who knows. You're just running higher rpms than the engine was built for.

Live2Ride300
02-25-2002, 08:39 PM
Is your jetting correct? You may need to adjust your idle screw or pilot jet

Live2Ride300
02-25-2002, 08:42 PM
the pilot jet and pilot screw, control the amount of fuel to the engine in the low rpms, u may need to adjust one of these, u may be running lean or rich, check your plug , check some of these forums for more info on jetting, hope i helped a little