PDA

View Full Version : dynojet needle...

hondarider2006
01-26-2004, 04:08 PM
I have the dyno jet kit in my 400, and around 1/8-1/2 throttle it runs like crap. Kinda misses and sputters, and if I give it a little more gas it picks up and goes. I was told with the dj needle, to move the clip to the 2nd notch and put that little washer under the e-clip. Would this help at all, if not what should I do? I am running a 42 piolet also at 2 1/2 turns out, and it seems to be ideling fine. Any help would be great!! Thanks -Nick-

hondarider2006
01-26-2004, 09:38 PM
anyone??:confused:

BSTURDIVANT
01-26-2004, 09:53 PM
Try it with the choke partially on- if better raise the needle (lower the clip) if worse, lower needle. I've never liked the dynojet needle- stock raised 1 clip, 3 turns out on air screw, 158 main would get you close with aftermarket pipe and filter change.

hondarider2006
01-26-2004, 11:31 PM
I already tried going down to the 4th notch, and all it did was get worse.....and I don't have a choke, I removed it. So I think I am going to the 2nd notch with the washer under the e-clip and see how it does.

cals400ex
01-27-2004, 02:25 PM
i don't use a dynojet needle so i can't tell you a good place for the clip but this is what i would do. take the bike out and run it at about 1/2 throttle for a long distance through all of the gears. just keep it around 1/2 throttle the whole time. pull in the clutch and shut it off. check the plug. if it is a black, you should lower the needle. if it is somewhat white, you need to raise the needle.

the washer acts like a 1/2 increment adjustment. so if you had the clip in the second position with the washer under neath it, this would be right between having the clip in the second and 3 position without have a clip in there.

hondarider2006
01-27-2004, 05:23 PM
I know the needle doesn't need to go up, because I tried going to the 4th notch and it just made it a lot worse!! I am going to try the 2nd with the washer under it and see what happens.:p

emj426
01-27-2004, 10:45 PM
Isn't today your birthday?
Originally posted by BSTURDIVANT
Try it with the choke partially on- if better raise the needle (lower the clip) if worse, lower needle. I've never liked the dynojet needle- stock raised 1 clip, 3 turns out on air screw, 158 main would get you close with aftermarket pipe and filter change. :blah: :D