PDA

View Full Version : help

sim
01-26-2004, 03:27 PM
I have a 400ex with a LRD full system exhaust and a K&N air filter with pre charger and I am also running without my air box cover my question is: right now I am jetted to a 160 main and a stock pilot and it was running grate at first I was running perfect colored plug but now my plug is black and I losed power, I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to boar my cylinder because I have some major piston slap happening, and my cylinder is probly tapered but my question is did this happen because I'm not jetted right?

anyway now I'm thinking about getting lrds 425 big boar kit but it says that I don't have to boar my cylinder does that mean I have to go to a bigger big bore kit ? :huh oh and I didn't take my engine apart yet to cold out there to work with metal:mad:

THANX in advance

sim
01-26-2004, 08:02 PM
come on man anyone ????

cals400ex
01-27-2004, 02:32 PM
your jetting is not your problem. make sure your mainjet didn't fall out. also, make sure the 2 skrews that hold the needle in place didn't come out. piston slapping is not a good sign.

sim
01-27-2004, 09:47 PM
i dont know you think it could be the amount of turns i put my main pilot in??

hondarider2006
01-27-2004, 10:43 PM
there is main jet, and piolet jet. You should have turned the main jet all the way until it was tight. If that fell out, than yes you are going to loose power and its going to run like crap.