PDA

View Full Version : Washington, Idaho, & Oregon riders & racers...please read!!!!

AndreS
01-26-2004, 02:41 PM
what: tag team Euro GP (hare scramble) format ATV only race
where: goldendale, WA
----------
(This could change a little bit.)

Pro class: 2 riders $100.00 per team
Expert Class 2 riders $60.00 per team
Amateur class 4 riders max per team. $30.00 per rider.
Utility Class 4 riders max per team. $30.00 per rider.

We will have plaques or trophies for the Amateur classes. 100% payback for pros. We are going to have hats and T-shirts to throw out also.

On Saturday there is a MX play day. $20.00 per person ride untill your arms fall off. I should have all of the specifics this week. I will post the flier on the web. Tell everyone.

April 24 MX playday
April 25 Quads Grand Prix. 6.5 mile loop. Start at 10:00 done at 2:00 and should be out of there by 3:30.
-------
IT is time for change in the ATV community of the NW. in the past we have been a sideshow at motorcycle races, looked down on by them & been treated as 2nd rate riders & racers... but change is coming for the ATV scene here in the NW.
this is a first for ATV racing in the NW.... the first ever ATV ONLY Euro GP/tag team harescramble race format... if you know of anyone that wants to try endurance & XC racing this is a place to start. if there is a good turnout, this will be the first of many of it's kind.
so tell your friends, pass on the info & get as many people to go as you can!

some of the info above was taken from
quads only (http://www.quadsonly.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=233#233)

more track info: eddieville MX park (http://www.overthebarsgang.com/eddieville.html) it's the same facility that round 4 of teh WORCS races will be held on...

QuadJunkies
01-27-2004, 12:13 AM
Can someone tell me Where this is town??? We were talking about the race up there awhile back and wondered how far it is from Boise... I would like to do some Race coverage on the WORCS series and race some as well, I know the locals will be doing a few as well......

AndreS
01-27-2004, 02:08 AM
from boise(according to mapquest) it is 340 miles, about 5 hours drive time.
you go west on I-84, take exit #104- US hwy 97 go north toward goldendale. final directions are on the track website... a flyer will be available soon if you want to pass it along... location is great to attract people from most of washington, oregon, & western idaho without too long of a drive for most.
we need to get as many riders at this race as possible.(i know there are already 70+ ready & commited to go from western washington) if we get a good turnout, i know they will consider doing many more of them in the future.

AndreS
01-29-2004, 03:50 PM
here's a Link to the Flyer (http://home.comcast.net/~outkastjoe/wsb/media/254497/site1031.jpg) for more details

i have it in PDF format if you want to print it out & post it at local shops

Woodsrider
01-29-2004, 09:33 PM
Tina its about the same distance for you as it is for me, hope to see you there! I may end up needing a team to ride with. My team rider wont go if its the same weekend as the Ironman event in Yakima.

QuadJunkies
01-30-2004, 12:25 AM
Thanks for the info... I sent out some emails, maybe some from Idaho will show:macho :blah:

AndreS
01-30-2004, 02:21 AM
great! keep passing it on... getting the word out now means people have time to mark thier calendars, make arrangements, & take time off, if necessary, to help maximize attendance & hopefully we will have an awesome turnout.
we need to encourage everyone, even non-racers, to go.... the ATV community of the northwest needs events like this... so push, pull, or drag them to it, or ridicule them forever for not going!

dirtmomma
01-30-2004, 06:18 PM
Come on Tina!!! Hey i fyou did come up I have another gal that I race w/ I just found out they are goin & she was wanting a women's team..........it could be me,her,you & who knows who else hehehe just somethin to think about!! This will be my 1st race racing w/ the boys class:eek: :macho I hope to see all of you out there I just can't wait!!!! It's gonna be torture waiting till April. Hey Andre did ya make it out to Motoplex this weekend?? I was gonna drive out there today but didn't get around to it, I just was wondering if it's severe?? Think the kid & I are gonna try & amke Oakwood Sun ;)

QuadJunkies
01-31-2004, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Come on Tina!!! Hey i fyou did come up I have another gal that I race w/ I just found out they are goin & she was wanting a women's team..........it could be me,her,you & who knows who else hehehe just somethin to think about!! This will be my 1st race racing w/ the boys class:eek: :macho I hope to see all of you out there I just can't wait!!!! It's gonna be torture waiting till April. Hey Andre did ya make it out to Motoplex this weekend?? I was gonna drive out there today but didn't get around to it, I just was wondering if it's severe?? Think the kid & I are gonna try & amke Oakwood Sun ;) Troy just infromed me we are gonna have to come up and Give Monroe a try sometime......:D hehe ( I knew the tape Idea would work!!!!):blah:

AndreS
01-31-2004, 03:15 AM
i didn't make it to the motoplex i've been more concerned with getting the quad ready to go to the glen helen GNC. just going over things & making sure to have the essentials. maybe sometime after i get back...
yesterday i posted the flyers at some local shops & will do so again tomorrow.
hey, can you print up some flyers to take to the races at oakwood & hand them out, if you go? i know oakwood is generally well attended during the winter months by quads.. .

dirtmomma
01-31-2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Troy just infromed me we are gonna have to come up and Give Monroe a try sometime......:D hehe ( I knew the tape Idea would work!!!!):blah:

:blah: :blah: hehehehe RIGHT ON!!! I'm telling you now I"m gonna have to really "pump" up the lil ol 300 :devil: that would be soooo cool if you guys came up but now we have to wait till next year :( OH WELL. Tonight is our awards banquet & DJ DID for sure win the championship he's pretty stoked!! He says "Mom I'm gonna stand up on the podium & go WHOO HOOO" LOL I thought that was funny, I asked him if he wanted me to bring a bottle of champagne for him to spray on the crowd :D Sooooo how did your racing go last night???? I better go check for a update I suppose!!

Andre YEAH if we go out there we will take some flyers I'm also going to take some to the Monroe awards banquet tonight & I'm sure some will be interested out there!!