PDA

View Full Version : Washington, Idaho, & Oregon riders...please read!!!!

AndreS
01-26-2004, 02:18 PM
what: tag team Euro GP (hare scramble) format ATV only race
where: goldendale, WA
----------
(This could change a little bit.)

Pro class: 2 riders $100.00 per team
Expert Class 2 riders $60.00 per team
Amateur class 4 riders max per team. $30.00 per rider.
Utility Class 4 riders max per team. $30.00 per rider.

We will have plaques or trophies for the Amateur classes. 100% payback for pros. We are going to have hats and T-shirts to throw out also.

On Saturday there is a MX play day. $20.00 per person ride untill your arms fall off. I should have all of the specifics this week. I will post the flier on the web. Tell everyone.

April 24 MX playday
April 25 Quads Grand Prix. 6.5 mile loop. Start at 10:00 done at 2:00 and should be out of there by 3:30.
-------
IT is time for change in the ATV community of the NW. in the past we have been a sideshow at motorcycle races, looked down on by them & been treated as 2nd rate riders & racers... but change is coming for teh ATV scene here in the NW.
this is a first for ATV racing in the NW.... the first ever ATV ONLY Euro GP/tag team harescramble race format... if you know of anyone that wants to try endurance & XC racing this is a place to start. if there is a good turnout, this will be the first of many of it's kind.
so tell your friends, pass on the info & get as many people to go as you can!

the info above was taken fromquads only (http://www.quadsonly.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129)
track info:
eddieville MX park (http://www.overthebarsgang.com/eddieville.html) this is the same track that the WORCS round 4 race is being held at!!!

AndreS
01-29-2004, 03:42 PM
Follow this Link to The Flyer (http://home.comcast.net/~outkastjoe/wsb/media/254497/site1031.jpg) for more details!

Woodsrider
01-29-2004, 07:09 PM
I'm There!:D

WTF is goldendale:confused:

JOEX
01-29-2004, 09:18 PM
I plan on being there with some people from www.nwquadriders.com Goldendale is ENE of The Dalles, OR. This will be my first race!:p

Joe

Woodsrider
01-29-2004, 09:40 PM
I remembered where its at shortly after I posted. For me it will be about a five hour drive. I hope that Chinook pass will be open early, it would shorten the drive significantly.

My dads gonna be pissed. He's coming over the hump for my ugly stepsisters wedding that Saturday. And I'll be beatin feet in the opposite direction:devil:

AndreS
01-29-2004, 10:24 PM
cool! pass the word on to everyone you know that rides... & post it on any bulletin boards you know of that doesn't have it posted

i have the flyer in PDF format that i can send, if you want to print it up & post at local shops.

AndreS
02-12-2004, 09:19 PM
bump

Woodsrider
02-12-2004, 09:29 PM
I'll be talking with Jeff at Enumclaw suzuki this weekend. Ill make sure they are passing the word;)

AndreS
02-17-2004, 01:22 PM
i'm sure jeff already knows about it... he's probly planning on racing in it.

thursday the 19th there is a meeting at RMC at 6:30 PM about a new club forming that is ATVA affiliated, be there if you can. i will.

Disaster
02-21-2004, 09:57 PM
What about going to watch how much does it cost to get in and so forth or can u watch it lol

QuadJunkies
02-22-2004, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by AndreS
cool! pass the word on to everyone you know that rides... & post it on any bulletin boards you know of that doesn't have it posted

i have the flyer in PDF format that i can send, if you want to print it up & post at local shops. if you send me some then Ill pass some out the next race to the riders......... send it to tntkuna@msn.com

QuadJunkies
02-22-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
I plan on being there with some people from www.nwquadriders.com Goldendale is ENE of The Dalles, OR. This will be my first race!:p

Joe you go and kick some butt Joe!!!:macho And Ill do my best to swing it up there myself but no promises;) I know afew riders here that might be interesed in going......

dirtmomma
02-23-2004, 08:36 AM
i'm sure jeff already knows about it... he's probly planning on racing in it.

thursday the 19th there is a meeting at RMC at 6:30 PM about a new club forming that is ATVA affiliated, be there if you can. i will.
Wish I would of seen this earlier :( I suppsoe the meeting was FEb 19??? If so too late now, I took some flyers to our sponsor RIDE motorsports, he had some but only 1 left so I left a pile. :D

AndreS
02-25-2004, 02:11 AM
quadjunkies- i just sent the flyer.

dirtmomma- i dropped the 1st one off at ride & they said they'd copy it to hand out, hopefully that is the case.. glad you dropped off some more! also- next club meeting of the WAC (washingotn ATV club) is 3/18, 6:30 PM @ RMC... they will soon have more info about it on www.quadsonly.com ... they plan to have a meeting every 3rd thursday each month, location will soon vary.

March 20- 21 is a MX playday at the track, i plan to be there to practice as do many other riders. it's the 1st open practice & only one before the WORCS races(March 26-27-28).

AndreS
02-25-2004, 11:37 PM
oh yeah, the flyer does not mention machine or rider requirements...

the following equipment is required: tether kill switch, helmet, riding boots, goggles, gloves, full coverage clothing, & a quad no louder than 99db
other stuff is optional... (i.e. nerfs, chest protector, etc...)

i've had a few ask about the kill switch is why i'm posting this. it's a competitive event, safety is always a concern.

QuadJunkies
02-25-2004, 11:49 PM
oh yeah, the flyer does not mention machine or rider requirements...

the following equipment is required: tether kill switch, helmet, riding boots, goggles, gloves, full coverage clothing, & a quad no louder than 99db
other stuff is optional... (i.e. nerfs, chest protector, etc...)

i've had a few ask about the kill switch is why i'm posting this. it's a competitive event, safety is always a concern. not louder than 99 db???? Then Im out and so is pretty much all us Riders:grr: the Predator has a 105 and my Yoshi is over that as well.....:(

dirtmomma
02-26-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
not louder than 99 db???? Then Im out and so is pretty much all us Riders:grr: the Predator has a 105 and my Yoshi is over that as well.....:(

DAYUM US too probably :rolleyes: Ron's is really loud for some reason hahaha mine will probably pass I couldnt' tell you how many ours are??? Thats a bunch of CRAP if you ask me good golly it's OUTDOORS!!! Think we better be checkin into that some more huh

QuadJunkies
02-26-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
DAYUM US too probably :rolleyes: Ron's is really loud for some reason hahaha mine will probably pass I couldnt' tell you how many ours are??? Thats a bunch of CRAP if you ask me good golly it's OUTDOORS!!! Think we better be checkin into that some more huh We were just talking about going too and if we could afford the trip up or not...:( Except I dont have another Female to team up with for the womens class....... Its getting ridiculous with the sound DB stuff for most of us at tracks, none of us will fall in the DB level:rolleyes:

dirtmomma
02-26-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
We were just talking about going too and if we could afford the trip up or not...:( Except I dont have another Female to team up with for the womens class....... Its getting ridiculous with the sound DB stuff for most of us at tracks, none of us will fall in the DB level:rolleyes:

I'll team up w/ you for a women's team along w/ a gal I flattrack w/ too, pretty sure they are going, I'm sure we could find 1 or 2 more girls to ride w/ us!!! I think the DB thing is a bunch of chit too why sell aftermarket pipes anymore if they want eveyrone to race w/ a stocker :huh pretty much!! S T U P I D!!!!!!! I'm having issues w/ my quad right now :mad: :mad: thougth it was my battery but had it tested today & it's fine, thinking now maybe my starter went out gonna test that in a little while, once I get off this dang computer LMAO, it had electrical issues before so we put a new wiring harness on it & that fixed it, last weekend we had to bump start the whole time????? When I hit the magic button it sounds like a dead battery :( definetly have to get that fixed & SOON I have a race on the 13th of March:rolleyes:

Woodsrider
02-26-2004, 07:13 PM
99db! WTF!!!! :eek: Holy chit! that place is out in the middle of nowhere, and they ut a sound limit of 99db? I think I can meet that but I know a lot of racers that wont. But it looks like I have to buy a kill switch.

AndreS
02-27-2004, 12:32 PM
i know sound limits stink... oregon dunes is now at 93db. noise is the next big issue, especially with the new high output thumpers... it's because of sound levels that washougal is having major legal battles now. i'd rather meet the limit than not have a place to ride.

most aftermarket exhaust will pass the 99 db limit with a fresh pack easily. unless you're running a shorty such as the CT.

QuadJunkies
02-27-2004, 02:47 PM
i know sound limits stink... oregon dunes is now at 93db. noise is the next big issue, especially with the new high output thumpers... it's because of sound levels that washougal is having major legal battles now. i'd rather meet the limit than not have a place to ride.

most aftermarket exhaust will pass the 99 db limit with a fresh pack easily. unless you're running a shorty such as the CT. This is one main reason I dont go to ORe to ride:( on Sand.I understand the DB levels for riding trails, and yes even some of the dunes,but a TRACK!! Thats stupid!:rolleyes: I spent alot on my Yoshi and until they make our tracks enforce sound DB I wont be racing where anyone has one I guess......:rolleyes: so far here this is not an isssue not even our Dunes are that strict... I hope you have a good turn out.......:cool: ;)

dirtmomma
02-27-2004, 03:09 PM
Awe come on Tina just come up :( I almost have a full girls team :) Heck w/ them LOL

QuadJunkies
02-27-2004, 03:34 PM
Awe come on Tina just come up :( I almost have a full girls team :) Heck w/ them LOL Ah heck, maybe we can make our own track somewhere:blah: :macho :D Ill do my best to get up there sometime this summer;) but sereously, my pipe is sitting around 102

AndreS
02-28-2004, 11:58 PM
sometimes you'd be surprised how it tests... according to the same sound check that they administer at Or dunes my LT250R(sold- had a FMF p/s & more) was 95 db with a bad muffler pack, and i thought it was really loud... i know there are some thumpers out there that actually hurt your ears to be behind when they blip the throttle (those are the bad ones) they have removed the cores from aftermarket pipes usually... most aftermarket pipes will pass the 99db check i've been behind several bikes with yoshi pipes, most of them aren't that bad... unless they've removed the core.

something to note about it... when i was at glen helen for the GNC, they could have done a sound check as a part of tech inspection(it's in the rules), but they didn't, and i know several riders were way over 99db. i don't know if they will or won't enforce it at goldendale.... it takes time & know-how to do properly & consistently.

JOEX
02-29-2004, 12:32 AM
I don't have a problem with quieting down the db's, I think it will be good for the sport overall. Why at a closed circut event?

If they are going to advertise and enforce this rule i'm thinking the turnout might be low.:(

If a racer can't make the db limit will the entry fee be refunded?

Joe

Disaster
02-29-2004, 01:07 AM
Just wondering if u dont have a quad if u can go a watch and maybe get adographs or something......

AndreS
02-29-2004, 03:22 AM
joex- i'm not sure about a refund, on the track website & on the WORCS flyer they have the db limit in bold letters.

Disaster-
of course you can watch! in fact, we want as many spectators as can come, bring some friends & tell everyone you know!
gate fee is only $5 /person seniors & some kids are free.

would you like to give some flyers to your local shops?? i can forward they flyer to you in PDF format to print out

QuadJunkies
02-29-2004, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
I don't have a problem with quieting down the db's, I think it will be good for the sport overall. Why at a closed circut event?

If they are going to advertise and enforce this rule i'm thinking the turnout might be low.:(

If a racer can't make the db limit will the entry fee be refunded?

Joe Yes, but on a privately owned track that BS IMO. Seems like most of the pipes out there that perform well also have a higher DB level. I heard about Glen Helen. We have a couple locals who are going to race it who have pipes on ther YFZ and they are VERY LOUD:eek2: . I agree, they need to advertise sound checks cause of people who travel a great distance would be pretty up set:mad: AndreS~~~ You will have to post a race coverage on this in the racing section with pics !!!

Disaster
02-29-2004, 10:30 AM
joex- i'm not sure about a refund, on the track website & on the WORCS flyer they have the db limit in bold letters.

Disaster-
of course you can watch! in fact, we want as many spectators as can come, bring some friends & tell everyone you know!
gate fee is only $5 /person seniors & some kids are free.

would you like to give some flyers to your local shops?? i can forward they flyer to you in PDF format to print out

Yeah i can do that ill post it at my local stores and stuff.....LOL now i just have to find my way down there and how to get to the track...

LazeR
03-01-2004, 01:46 AM
Not to sound stupid or anything, but what exactly is a harescramble. Being i am from oregon we don't have any type of racing except for mx that i know of. Is it kind of like xc?

dirtmomma
03-01-2004, 08:09 AM
YEP it's like XC!! :) I think a little more wide open though, yeah we dont' see alot of them around here guess we're sheltered LOL

LazeR
03-02-2004, 12:57 AM
YEP it's like XC!! :) I think a little more wide open though, yeah we dont' see alot of them around here guess we're sheltered LOL

ahhh thanx for clearing that up for me! I want to race XC i think it would be awesome! Hopefully i can get a tether kill switch before the one in goldendale gets here!

AndreS
03-02-2004, 02:46 AM
harescrambles are mostly XC races, usually timed or ran a set # of laps that can involve a section of MX track, woods, desert, etc... loops are usually 5+ miles in length, sometimes 20+ miles. they determine winner by the one who makes the most laps or finished the set # of laps first. depending on the group running it, some things can change... such as teams instead of solo riders.
GP and harescrambles are generally the same thing.

there's more XC race events than this one coming up- these are the ones i know about in the NW through june...

March:
7 EWDRA harescrambles @ horn rapids ORV park, Richland, WA
26-28 WORCS @ eddieville motorsports park, Goldendale, WA
28 'spring mud fling' @ spokane extreme MX,

April:
25 ATV 4-hour team GP @eddieville motorsports park, goldendale, WA

May:
16 Grizzly Harescrambles, @ Longview MX, Longview, WA(quads TBA)
22 ATV GP @ Horn Rapids ORV park, Richland, WA
21-23 WORCS @ Milford, CA

June:
6 GP (solo) @ eddieville motorsports park, Goldendale, WA
11-13 WORCS @ Longview MX, Longview, WA

AndreS
03-02-2004, 03:04 AM
disaster- PM your email address to me & i'll send the flyer to you.
also, where are you coming from? goldendale is almost due south of yakima, about 60 miles... on HWY 97
the track is about 5 miles south of town, just a short drive off the road, you can see it from at least a mile away cut into the hillside & ridge... going south from goldendale, take a right on springstreet road & follow the signs. if you're coming from I-84, head north on HWY 97 at Biggs, OR, ~10 miles north from the columbia river turn left on spur road, leading to springstreet rd, & follow the signs.

JTRtrx250r
03-02-2004, 03:10 AM
a few buds and I were talking about running that, but theres no way any of us will pass the DB test, thanks for ythe heads-up Andre, you saved us a trip!:( my biggest concern was getting a tether LOL, :(

dirtmomma
03-02-2004, 07:33 AM
AARRGGGGG ya know they are gonna lose ALOT of riders becuz of this DB crap, told my brother about it don't know if he'll pass either but knowing him he'll come anyway :D if mine was too loud I would come anyway also it's kinda dumb that they want ALOT of quad riders there BUT yet they have the 99db limit IMO. Sorry to hear you won't be there EITHER JTRtrx :( gonna miss out on meeting alot of good people:rolleyes:

dirtmomma
03-02-2004, 07:37 AM
harescrambles are mostly XC races, usually timed or ran a set # of laps that can involve a section of MX track, woods, desert, etc... loops are usually 5+ miles in length, sometimes 20+ miles. they determine winner by the one who makes the most laps or finished the set # of laps first. depending on the group running it, some things can change... such as teams instead of solo riders.
GP and harescrambles are generally the same thing.

there's more XC race events than this one coming up- these are the ones i know about in the NW through june...

March:
7 EWDRA harescrambles @ horn rapids ORV park, Richland, WA
26-28 WORCS @ eddieville motorsports park, Goldendale, WA
28 'spring mud fling' @ spokane extreme MX,

April:
25 ATV 4-hour team GP @eddieville motorsports park, goldendale, WA

May:
16 Grizzly Harescrambles, @ Longview MX, Longview, WA(quads TBA)
22 ATV GP @ Horn Rapids ORV park, Richland, WA
21-23 WORCS @ Milford, CA

June:
6 GP (solo) @ eddieville motorsports park, Goldendale, WA
11-13 WORCS @ Longview MX, Longview, WA

As for all these I've ever heard of they don't have quad classes BUT if you ride a bike your in like flynn:rolleyes: Now is this track gonna be smooth or lumpy bumpy LOL cuz once again we get into the skid plate issue I HAVE NONE & don't really wanna go spend $90 on one :blah: that would blow our entry fees pretty much!!! Also what do you think it's gonna be like MUD & WATER wise?? We have NO airbox on the blaster hmmmm hope it's dry. I guess I better go check & see if there is a flattrack that weekend cuz if there is we may have to go to that if it's part of the series we are gonna be running!! I know WHA WHA WHA LMAO:D

Disaster
03-02-2004, 08:05 AM
disaster- PM your email address to me & i'll send the flyer to you.
also, where are you coming from? goldendale is almost due south of yakima, about 60 miles... on HWY 97
the track is about 5 miles south of town, just a short drive off the road, you can see it from at least a mile away cut into the hillside & ridge... going south from goldendale, take a right on springstreet road & follow the signs. if you're coming from I-84, head north on HWY 97 at Biggs, OR, ~10 miles north from the columbia river turn left on spur road, leading to springstreet rd, & follow the signs.

Yeah If i go (have a great chance) ill be coming from wilbur through ellensburg then down....I was already trying to get some of my friends to go but they said it was too far...Weak anyway thanks for the info....

JTRtrx250r
03-02-2004, 09:27 AM
AARRGGGGG ya know they are gonna lose ALOT of riders becuz of this DB crap, told my brother about it don't know if he'll pass either but knowing him he'll come anyway :D if mine was too loud I would come anyway also it's kinda dumb that they want ALOT of quad riders there BUT yet they have the 99db limit IMO. Sorry to hear you won't be there EITHER JTRtrx :( gonna miss out on meeting alot of good people:rolleyes: well I dont ever get to do anything other than trail ride up at Reiter so I figured this would be fun, my R would get it *** handed to it flattracking, I dont have the suspension for mx and 99% of my riding buddys are *****s! (all 5 haha) I had to tell them we'd all have a blast and thats what we pretty much do when we woods ride anyway, a couple said they'd be into giving it a try. I think its b/c Im faster than they are so they cry, another big prob I have w/ these guys, and Im not that fast..at all..especially these days

I find myself actually getting desperate to ride and have ppl to ride w/ these days, when I had my track...we had 23 ppl out there at a time...where are all these SALLYS now?..either married and whipped, would rather play golf (MAKE ME PUKE!!!!!) or just to chicken chit, I cant even beleive its come down to this..., its a prob I never thought I'd have, my last decent riding bud just met a lady and hes falling into the groove already...its only been a couple months, but evidently he cant make any time to ride either, Im about to sell out!:rolleyes: :mad: :o I can barely afford to do any of it anymore..and its just not worth the BS trying

There, Do I sound like a whiney bi'otch or what? haha

AndreS
03-02-2004, 01:52 PM
if it's any consolation, they are going to enforce the sound limit at the WORCS races, on all machines- dirtbikes & quads. there's going to be some upset riders.... especially in the dirtbikes. they are the biggest group of premadonnas you'll ever see, it should be a great show when they start throwing crap around!

JTR- repack that muffler, you'll pass.

the events on that list are taken form quads only.com, i'm racing the EWDRA scrambles at horn rapids this weekend.

i have the gear to do sound checks too (tach & db meter), so if we could get together before then, i can tell you if you are going to pass.

AndreS
03-02-2004, 02:10 PM
the track is almost rock free(i've ridden it), i'd say that the skid plate is optional there, probly not even needed. there is some muddy sections, manmade & natural whoops, tabletops, off-camber turns, sidehills, gulleys, high speed sweepers, & sandy sections, but most of it is loam(incredible traction). they water some sections heavily( water + loam == very sticky clay mud) & when you get in them... it sucks all your speed & power just to get through some spots, even going downhill. after a lap, you'll know which ones are tough. the track is cut into a grassland hillside & ridge, no trees, stumps or anything like that either.... it's 30' wide on average, some spots are tighter on the GP course(8-10 ft)... passing is not a problem.

dirtmomma
03-02-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by JTRtrx250r
There, Do I sound like a whiney bi'otch or what? haha
ROFLMGDAO!!! Your TOO funny, you need to get together w/ us sometime & go riding, we go to Darrington or Granite(they are close to home) quite a bit, I'll have to email you next time we go, damn sissys what they can't go anywhere w/o thier women or there women DON'T ride????? That is tooo bad :( isn't a good woman one that rides hehehe :devil:

JTRtrx250r
03-02-2004, 02:24 PM
well I'll see what I can get done, it sure sounds fun. I havent ridden since the beginning of Nov and feeling antsy and rusty at the same time, I think this would be a blast,

Thanks for all the info Andre, I'll have to get ahold of you here soon but need to make sure Im gonna be able to make it, Ive got a fatboy silencer and a sparky, I'll repack it and give you a yell, thanks man:cool:

JTRtrx250r
03-02-2004, 02:37 PM
ROFLMGDAO!!! Your TOO funny, you need to get together w/ us sometime & go riding, we go to Darrington or Granite(they are close to home) quite a bit, I'll have to email you next time we go, damn sissys what they can't go anywhere w/o thier women or there women DON'T ride????? That is tooo bad :( isn't a good woman one that rides hehehe :devil: LOL..just trying to be honest haha, and yes..the good 1s are the 1's that ride!!
The problem is when their ladies do go..they dont ride, so they whine about wanting to go home after an hour, I try to keep telling them "hey lets go here" knowing its a nice long ride LOL,

man...nothing worse than that 1st 6 months of watching your pal turn into a lush, but its after is what concerns me more, if she wins...I lose LOL and have nobody to ride w/, so far thats been the deal, its making me slow(er) haha

Yeah, definitly let me know sometime, always like checking out new places, I havent been up to Walker in a while, or any where else up north in quite a bit

QuadJunkies
03-03-2004, 12:12 AM
Ill race the PAyette Race since its close to home that way if we dont pass its no biggie, otherwise Guess we wont be doing that either:rolleyes: Thanks for the info AndreS ;)

AndreS
03-03-2004, 01:38 AM
goldendale is the only WORCS round that has a sound limit that i know of.

technically all AMA races have a sound limit of 99db(see the ama rulebook), all events on public lands in washington & oregon do too.... but it's never been enforced to any real extent.

dirtmomma
03-03-2004, 07:57 AM
goldendale is the only WORCS round that has a sound limit that i know of.

Must be them TREE HUGGERS at it again :rolleyes: :rolleyes: think I'll be bringing a few of them tree hugger shirts if we come, not worried about the DB but now we jsut found out one of our series races is the night before hmmmmm we'll see how Ron's arm is holding up, YES we can miss one race:p

AndreS
03-03-2004, 03:04 PM
no, it has to do with what's happening at washougal...
instead of going through the same mess, other tracks are taking note & imposing sound restrictions, being proactive now instead of fighting the neighbors in the courts later on.

it's due to the sound issues(complaints, red tape, mucho BS) that washougal lost the WORCS round this year & will be losing the AMA MX outdoor nationals too. washougal has spent well over $200K in legal expenses fighting it already. there are a few neighbors P.O.'d that they never get a peacful weekend w/o bikes ripping it up out there... my feel is that the track was there before them, they knew it was there when they moved in, what did they expect? but the county & courts don't see it that way.... more often than not the courts are full of a bunch of tree huggers that will never see things from our standpoint...

sound is our next worst enemy wether we want to admit it or not.

JTRtrx250r
03-03-2004, 03:50 PM
That whole Washougal thing just makes me feel hostile, those ppl knew damn well its the biggest track in Wa, "oh so lets move in":rolleyes: :mad: :grr: same thing happened out at Monroe's indoor, a judge bought a house up the hill from the place...after the tracks been there well before he was,he started crap..now everyone suffers b/c hes an idiot! That track helps bring $$ into the community out there! Same w/ down south at Washougal:rolleyes: Seems to me they'd both rather deal w/ gangbanging kids and that kind of thing instead of giving them something constructive to do w/ them selves:mad:

however , I do agree w/ you and what you are saying Andre, I like to see you involved,ppl like you will only help this sport instead of help kill it

Things just suck!! Seems atv's in general are getting more popular in big ways, but we're loosing every place to use them, I understand the whole banning of 2strokes altho I dont like it 1 bit, actually I cant stand it:grr: :mad:

Then again,
seems from my point of view..this whole sport is goin' to the chitter in many ways, especially around here lately, every week Im hearing about more battles and more places being shut down,

Im dedicated, but just cant afford to build my quads up these days,or buy a new 1 just to start all over again,... between the prices the Co's bend us over and ream us for in aftermarket parts,the BS we deal w/ to race or ride,the few lamer riding pals I have,Im seriously concidering throwing in the towel, for real:(

Riding is my sanity, but I feel Im loosing it w/ everything that goes w/ it anymore, I guess if nothing else,as much as I cant stand it.. Im just glad I dont have 10+ G's into my R b/c I just cant help ask myself...For what??

Thanks for letting me gripe.., Keep up the good work man

dirtmomma
03-03-2004, 04:42 PM
: same thing happened out at Monroe's indoor, a judge bought a house up the hill from the place...after the tracks been there well before he was,he started crap..now everyone suffers b/c hes an idiot! That track helps bring $$ into the community out there!

OH YES isn't that the truth :rolleyes: :rolleyes: it really sucks when you have to park out in the north 40 & PUSH you quad after racing all night cuz GOD forbid it might "bug" them!! Same thing w/ having to be done racing by 11pm, now they just hurry hurry hurry thru the races just is getting worse & worse :grr:

dirtmomma
03-03-2004, 04:43 PM
: same thing happened out at Monroe's indoor, a judge bought a house up the hill from the place...after the tracks been there well before he was,he started crap..now everyone suffers b/c hes an idiot! That track helps bring $$ into the community out there!

OH YES isn't that the truth :rolleyes: :rolleyes: it really sucks when you have to park out in the north 40 & PUSH you quad after racing all night cuz GOD forbid it might "bug" them!! Same thing w/ having to be done racing by 11pm, now they just hurry hurry hurry thru the races just is getting worse & worse :grr: Heck I'm surprised they don't make us push our vehicles!!! That'll probably be next :rolleyes:

AndreS
03-03-2004, 06:23 PM
it's because of these exact reasons the washington ATV club(WAC) was formed. while many of its members are MX racers, but all of them also go trail riding, dune riding, etc... they need you too... they are not just about racing, but they plan to have a presence at many of the ATV events in the NW in the near future. it's a great group of ppl that want to help make the sport grow here in the NW & it's ATVA affiliated... the next meeting is at RMC on the 18th at 6:30 PM.
some of the ppl involved startedquadonly (http://www.quadsonly.com/)
i'm sure they'd welcome putting FT & TT events on the calendar too... they need members in all arenas of ATV racing

dirtmomma
03-03-2004, 09:19 PM
it's because of these exact reasons the washington ATV club(WAC) was formed. while many of its members are MX racers, but all of them also go trail riding, dune riding, etc... they need you too... they are not just about racing, but they plan to have a presence at many of the ATV events in the NW in the near future. it's a great group of ppl that want to help make the sport grow here in the NW & it's ATVA affiliated... the next meeting is at RMC on the 18th at 6:30 PM.
some of the ppl involved startedquadonly (http://www.quadsonly.com/)
i'm sure they'd welcome putting FT & TT events on the calendar too... they need members in all arenas of ATV racing

Yeah I was on that website last night, it's a pretty good one for Mx'ers, we're gonna try & make it to the meeting, wish it wasn't on a Wed night but we'll see what we can do.

AndreS
03-04-2004, 12:17 AM
hey, that's OK! 'cause it's on a thursday! :):)
the will have a meeting every 3rd thursday of the month, location should soon vary(members are all over) & they plan to include other activities with it.

QuadJunkies
03-04-2004, 12:33 AM
I do agree w/ you and what you are saying Andre, I like to see you involved,ppl like you will only help this sport instead of help kill it

;)

dirtmomma
03-04-2004, 07:24 AM
hey, that's OK! 'cause it's on a thursday! :):)
the will have a meeting every 3rd thursday of the month, location should soon vary(members are all over) & they plan to include other activities with it.

LMAO Thanks Andre hehehe actually that is better cuz my son has Fridays off from school so him & I will try to show up!!!:D :cool: