PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Quad? YFZ vs. TRX

Lax
01-26-2004, 01:26 PM
Anyone got what ones better from experience? Like someone who rid the TRX and YFZ? I am in a handful what to buy :/

2004TRX450R
01-26-2004, 02:57 PM
Well I went rideing with my cousin and his friend this weekend and his friend has a YFZ and they both rode mine a little and liked it better. I didn't get a chance to ride the YFZ though and we didn't actually line them up and drag race them side by side. They did seem pretty comparable but I think the TRX is a better all around bike.

Barely legal
01-26-2004, 04:58 PM
Yah

r450rr
01-26-2004, 05:46 PM
prolly 450R

Honda makes it..the make everything goood.

the yamaha is a good bike though..

holeshot19
01-26-2004, 06:21 PM
but if they would have waited any longer i would have bought a yamaha hell my i got my friend to buy one last tuesday he brought it home i pulled the plug out of the exaust and jetted it up and man thats not bad at all. if i didnt have a honda dealer hook up id b blue

Lax
01-26-2004, 08:29 PM
Well, I am going wednsday to either put a down payment on a Honda or a Yamaha, it all depends on which one is better for riding and leisure and or riding in trails. I have TONS of trails in my backyards and someone has to have a opinion who driven both? :confused:

4fiddyR
01-26-2004, 09:33 PM
If your gonna ask the dealer what is better, I would bet it will be what they have in stock!
To appreciate the Yamaha suspension you need to ride it hard. harder you ride it the smoother it feels. Not sure about the honda, I haven't had the chance to ride one yet, but that is gonna change pretty soon.:devil:

Quad18star
01-26-2004, 09:47 PM
I own a YFZ , and I like it alot . I'm also a hard rider . Like it was stated , you have to ride the YFZ hard to have the suspension work well . The harder you ride it , the better it works . At slow speeds it rides rough . Another downfall to this machine is the rock hard seat . But as you may already know , it was designed for the rider to be able to move around easily and not get " hung up" on a soft seat . Your arse will get sore after ridding a few hours on the bike with the hard seat . Ive been told Honda has a softer seat which is a bonus . I dont mind the hard seat ... I got used to it after a couple minutes ridding .. but then again I'm hardly ever sitting down . I believe both machines will perform exceptionally well ... just a decision on what you like more ... red or blue ... or white with red :cool: