PDA

View Full Version : Hey Pappy

GNCCracer
01-26-2004, 12:28 PM
Question about the Yamaha battery issue. I read in another post that you recommended replacing your stock battery with a
YT12ABS battery. I have a brand new YTX9-BS battery. I think they are the same size but the one you mentioned has more cold cranking amps and more AH capacity. Will the YTX9-BS work to fix the problem?

Thanks,
Chad

Pappy
01-26-2004, 12:36 PM
yes you can also use the ytx9bs #

i just always recomend the higher cca unit but the 9 is still stronger then the stock battery

GNCCracer
01-26-2004, 12:45 PM
Thanks alot for the information.

Quad18star
01-26-2004, 06:51 PM
Pappy .... you should coem to Canada and fix this issue for me . My dealer is a brain dead mofo I think . They're getting my second battery back on Thursday when I got the day off . Didn't hold its charge while ridding yesturday ... even with the lights on . Had to find jumper cables and jump start it . I could have pushed it but that would ahve been a little too hard to do in the snow . I'm just affraid if I put the higher battery in it and something happens to the quad that they wont warrantee it .

Pappy
01-26-2004, 06:58 PM
just keep your foot in your dealers rear end until they make it right. the only thing i can think beside the battery is that the stator isnt functioning...but the batteries i have tested are shot. bad part is the battery will test bad in the same fashion wether its a bad batch from yuasa or a bad charging system.

remember...your foot...dealers ***:macho

Quad18star
01-26-2004, 07:40 PM
Oh dont you worry about that . My foot is gunan be WAy up their *** if they don't fix it . Actually they'll get the quad back if it aint fixed and I'll buy another one . So far they've been good with the warrantee ( i guess they should its only a week old) . Ive explained to them the knowledge Ive gathered from you about the battery being too small and the sales rep said he was going to talk to his District manager about the problem . He got back to me later today and told me I'm not the only one having this battery problem . I got the first batch of bikes (#589) . so maybe its a bad batch . So as of thursday It'll be battery #3 ... let's keep track of how many I can bring back to them within my 6 months warrantee period. LOL :blah: So far ... 3 batteries in one week . They already know me by name ... when theyre done with me ... theyll know everything about me . ;)

Pappy
01-26-2004, 07:43 PM
bad thing about burning up batteries is that your charging system is taking a BIG hit. yamaha better get on the ball with this issue...sure is abig batch of first run quads with issues:mad:

Wingnut
01-26-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
bad part is the battery will test bad in the same fashion wether its a bad batch from yuasa or a bad charging system.
:macho

Is it really a Yuasa battery? Mine didn't have Yuasa's name anywhere on it and it didn't look like any other Yuasa I have ever seen. According to the info on the battery it was a GS battery made by the Japan Storage Battery Company.

Pappy
01-26-2004, 08:44 PM
wing nut you are correct. GS is supplying them....but i bet not for long:p GS is the cheapest line out of japan for batteries. very cheap ....lol thats why they sell for 1/2 the price of yuasa.

Quad18star
01-26-2004, 08:49 PM
I hope next years bikes have a new design . Maybe I can sell it next year and start fresh with a new race bike . LOL ... Or maybe I'll just fix the problem and ride the hell outta the bike .

01-27-2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
sure is abig batch of first run quads with issues:mad:

Isn't that normal operation for yamaha:confused:

:devil: :devil:

seatec
01-27-2004, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Isn't that normal operation for yamaha:confused:

:devil: :devil:

LOW BLOW!!!!!:rolleyes: :cool:

400EXrider#91