PDA

View Full Version : A/C Nerf question

Rick400ex
01-26-2004, 12:14 PM
I just installed a used set of propegs today and they seem just a bit loose. Are they supposed to be very tight ?
What is a good suggestion ? I was thinking of wraping duct tape around the three places they slide on to give it a more solid fit. Is there something better ?

fmf400ex03
01-27-2004, 11:39 AM
i have brand new propegs from ac u mount the peg then slid the bar over when all done u drill a hole 3/8" and put a bolt through and thos bad boys will never move duck tape will just be junk do that
:devil:

Rick400ex
01-27-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by fmf400ex03
i have brand new propegs from ac u mount the peg then slid the bar over when all done u drill a hole 3/8" and put a bolt through and thos bad boys will never move duck tape will just be junk do that
:devil:

Sounds like a winner. Thanks a bunch and I will follow your advice.

Shocka400ex
01-28-2004, 11:03 AM
Just so you know, After you drill a bolt through the bars, you will probably still have play. I actually used some tape also to snug up the loose fitting foot peg.

01-29-2004, 05:10 PM
yeh u'll always have sum play even with the bolts cuz it will eventually wollow out the hole since its aluminum but no big deal mine barely moves and they are goin on a year. and dont be afarid of the pegs wearin down with the new style.