PDA

View Full Version : a intereting post on new ATVA rules

lil400exman
01-26-2004, 09:39 AM
check this out. I am not trying to flame but john arns brings our some GREAT points!

http://www.rriders.com/trx250r_forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3318

Doibugu2
01-26-2004, 09:47 AM
why hasn't jnine posted here? I thought he brought some really good info.

lil400exman
01-26-2004, 11:17 AM
cmon! i know more ppl have read this! post your ideas!:devil:

quadrcr161
01-26-2004, 11:46 AM
the aftermarket is the ones that helped support and make quad racing where it is now. without them it would not be here. i think they should still have a pro class where they can ride hybrids and also the production class. they should have as much dealing with the atv racing as the big factories.

Quad18star
01-26-2004, 05:33 PM
I think its complete nonsense as to what the ATVA is doing . I stated in an earlier post that they are doing nothing but killing thsi sport by implementing these rules and regulations . Its one big *** KISS by the ATVA to say thank you to the Factories for building a better performance race quad than what was already on the market . I GUARANTEE this was all planned out months ago ... probably years ago ... when Yamaha was in the works to build the new YFZ 450 . Yamaha will build a race machine and the ATVA will throws these rules out that no aftermarket frames can be run ... therefore if you are a racer , you have no choice than to run a factory framed quad . So now all the aftermarket framed quads are being sold by the serious racers and they are having to buy the factory frames , which in return means more money for the factories . The ATVA and the Factories are going to kill this sport ONCE again like John stated . This is the problem with having only ONE association to choose from when racing . I would suggest another association or another bunch of racers/riders/promoters like John start their own Racing Association that has NO involvement with the ATVA . Here in Canada if you race Motocross bikes , you have 2 choices to choose from . The CMRC or CMX . Both are governed by seperate bodies , so if you don't like the rules from one of the associations , you have the chance to run with a different one . I personally do NOT like the CMRC because their head guy is a total idiot and does't want Quads as part of his organization . I have no choice but to run CMRC because there is no other association . I talked to a few guys about starting one , and we might have soemthing worked out for a couple years from now . I would suggest that those that live in the USA and are within reasonable driving distance from Ontario Canada or Quebec to come and try out our tracks . We have some talented riders and have some pretty good payouts . Also we have soem great tracks to choose from . We also ALLOW AFTERMARKET framed quads . If I were you guys I'd tell the ATVA to go **** themselves !!! Just my opinion !!!

JOEX
01-26-2004, 08:26 PM
BUMP!

I think that thread need some more advertisment:)

jamiesel
01-27-2004, 12:44 AM
The aftermarket is part of what makes quading so fun. I really hate this.

400exBro
01-27-2004, 06:23 AM
another thing to add on to Quad18star's post, CMRC also doesn't have a cc limit, we basicly run open in pro and in JR classes (probably just in the ontario seris, not to sure about the nationals) and they never check the width of the machine or anything, they probably just put us on the track so we stop *****in to them... i really don't like cmrc but at least we have something, hopefully that new seris will start up that Quad18star was talking about... Plus in cmrc we run the same day as dirt bikes and let me tell ya some of those tracks get coppy real fast, it almost doesn't make it fun any more...

01-27-2004, 06:32 AM
Sorry but I have to :rolleyes: when I read about this.

National's are the only place this is being put into place. GNC and GNCC racing and only for the pro's. So the other 650+ GNCC and the other 300+ GNC riders can all use aftermarket frames. WTF are you people so upset about:confused:

The only people on this board that should complain is Johnny G, John Natalie, Chris Borich, Jeff Stoess, and any other nationally ranked pro that I've left out. When any of you are nationally ranked as a pro, you have full rights to complain until then.............dry it up.. :devil:

wyndzer
01-27-2004, 07:11 AM
Well I'm not complaining, I don't have to worry about my frame breaking:eek2: I think Jeff is in the same boat as me too:D

Pappy
01-27-2004, 07:30 AM
me three:devil:

id say if the pro riders were bent then thats one thing. arens brings up some strong points and i agree with some of them. i too would also hate to see the factories muscle in and then drop us like they did back in the day. but even back then only a few were getting support so for the average rider it dont add up to much....until ticket prices go up to watch the factory riders:o

bradley300
01-27-2004, 08:55 AM
good point on the ticket prices pappy, never thought of that one.

rico, you have to also think about the aspiring pro's. if your goal is to race the pro class, why would you now start out on a 250r?
i also think we are giving in to easy to the factories. not that it matters to me, i'll never be a pro, but what happend to the "run what you brung" mentality?

lil400exman
01-27-2004, 11:08 AM
i know we are not pro rico but stuff does trickle down. if honda and the ATVA wants us to run stock frames they will get us to do it. SO they are pushing us R riders out the door slowly but surely. so i feel aggrevated at this. they should have a pro aftermarket class and and a pro-production class to keep everyone happy cause everyone knows that a full aftermarket transplant 250R of CRF-450 or YFZ450 whoops up on production quads;)

lil400exman
01-27-2004, 11:11 AM
do people feel like running a petition against the ATVA?:mad: :devil: