PDA

View Full Version : Y does your engine run cooler if you re-jet and (or) put a pipe on??

400exBro
08-19-2001, 03:21 PM
I heard and read that if you do mods like re-jetting and put a pipe on a quad that the engine runs cooler, so i was wondering y does it run cooler than stock with these mods on there??? Would it make sense idf you add more ponies that the engine would be a little bit warmer??
Thanks

Also is you have an exhaust system on your bike will it pull wheelies better than a stocker?????

Thanks
400exBro

trx400ex
08-19-2001, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by 400exBro
I heard and read that if you do mods like re-jetting and put a pipe on a quad that the engine runs cooler, so i was wondering y does it run cooler than stock with these mods on there??? Would it make sense idf you add more ponies that the engine would be a little bit warmer??
Thanks

Also is you have an exhaust system on your bike will it pull wheelies better than a stocker?????

Thanks
400exBro

yes it will wheely better

nakomis0
08-19-2001, 03:30 PM
It runs cooler when its jetted right because the gas actually acts like a coolant before it gets burned. and the exhaust making it run cooler I haven't heard of but kinda makes sense, theres less restriction and more air flow through the engine.

Wheelie
08-19-2001, 09:29 PM
With a performance pipe and filter on a quad it will run cooler if jetted properly. More air and fuel is getting in and out of your motor, and both the air and fuel is considerably cooler than the high temps the engine runs at.....henceforth cooling capacity is increased.

Mods such as a big bore kit and higher compression pistons will add more heat......yes with performance mods your quad will wheelie better.