PDA

View Full Version : Need HELP fasttttttttttttt!!!!!!

foxracingboy
01-25-2004, 04:30 PM
Alright my 2001 400 still aint running. Ok it will start up with the choke on,but i have to keep giving it gas to stay started but when i quite it will just cut off. and it will also cut off if i put the choke on half way and i'll be giving it gas when it cuts off.
Dose anyone know what to dooo???
thanks

01-25-2004, 04:32 PM
Sounds like it's just cold natured like all other 400ex's. It took me several tries to get mine to turn over this afternoon. And It wouldn't stay running either until the motor warmed up. If it's cold out don't expect it to start and just keep running without giving it some gas until the motor warms up.

JDiablo
01-25-2004, 04:35 PM
yup just keep doing that,but it will take 5 to 10 mins for it to be all nice a warm,then i would let it sit for another 2 mins after it could stay on by itself without you feathering the gas,that is how i usually do it:p

Brad
01-25-2004, 04:36 PM
i hadnt run mine in a month, then i ran it last week and i had to have the 300ex drag start it, and even then it hesitated, i had to force it to run about 3 times to actually get it to run, make sure you have a full tank of gas.

ReconRider25
01-25-2004, 04:49 PM
i dont get why you ppl can never start ur quads.:huh mine sat in th metal shed(just as cold in there as outside and its like 5 degrees) havent been ran in like 2 months then i went in there yesterday put choke on full, turned gas vlave to on, pumped throttle 5 times and pushed button.....started right up no problems. its all stock too so i didnt adjust the pilot screw or anything. always starts right up i dont get why you guys have so many problems.:confused:

01-25-2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by ReconRider25
i dont get why you ppl can never start ur quads.:huh mine sat in th metal shed(just as cold in there as outside and its like 5 degrees) havent been ran in like 2 months then i went in there yesterday put choke on full, turned gas vlave to on, pumped throttle 5 times and pushed button.....started right up no problems. its all stock too so i didnt adjust the pilot screw or anything. always starts right up i dont get why you guys have so many problems.:confused:

For some reason the 400ex is just a ****** to start when cold, it's probably the most cold natured beast of all the honda quads..:mad:

01-25-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Rico
For some reason the 400ex is just a ****** to start when cold, it's probably the most cold natured beast of all the honda quads..:mad: hopefully the new trx wont be like the 400ex

bansheerider_13
01-25-2004, 05:19 PM
try having a banshee in the cold it takes a good 20 min to get started then about 10 min to get warm very cold blooded

ReconRider25
01-25-2004, 06:06 PM
For some reason the 400ex is just a ****** to start when cold, it's probably the most cold natured beast of all the honda quads..

i was talking about my 400ex.;)

01-25-2004, 06:12 PM
my wolverine is cold starting sometimes to..sometimes it'll start right up and i keep it in a shed and sometimes is starts right up and sometimes it doesn't and its about th same temp in and out like reconrider25 said

ReconRider25
01-25-2004, 06:26 PM
^^^speaking of wolverines, my friend has a 2000(i think) wolverine and one day it was like 10 degrees(not very cold actually) and took like an hour to get it started....ended up have to use a torch and heat light just to get the engine warm enough to start up.....:p