PDA

View Full Version : Anyone work at a fast food place?

toby400ex
01-25-2004, 04:27 PM
Im not havin any luck getting a job at the places i would like, and I know that fast food places pay good money for being 16 years old. Im thinkin it shouldnt be that hard to do since most people I ever see working at Mcdonalds are mildly retarded. How bad is it working at fast food joints, or is it bad at all. I need Cha ching for bling bling.:p

Glow Plug
01-25-2004, 04:34 PM
my sister works at tim hortons ( I don't know if you can call it fast food or not) but anyways she hated the first few days but now she likes it and she said its not all that hard

JDiablo
01-25-2004, 04:37 PM
i think im going to start working at burger king,and yes you will proably hate it the first couple of days there but after a while you get to know the people,i think the biggest thing is probably like nervousness(sp)my friend got it easy,wrking with 3 other friends in KFC,lucky biacth...but ya BK for me probably need some bones for the quad

xr50layke
01-25-2004, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Glow Plug
my sister works at tim hortons ( I don't know if you can call it fast food or not) but anyways she hated the first few days but now she likes it and she said its not all that hard

my sister works at timmys too. she hated it, then she liked it. shes 18.

01-25-2004, 04:52 PM
i work at a fast food place like KFC called (Mrs. wnners)...it's ok...more like somethin to do....its fun messing with the people there & stuff...the pay is ok for a 17year old.

JDiablo
01-25-2004, 05:32 PM
how much u pulling in a week there?

Nausty
01-25-2004, 05:34 PM
Wanna apple pie with that?

JDiablo
01-25-2004, 05:38 PM
choclate please:D

Jblazin98
01-25-2004, 05:43 PM
I worked at a grocery store for 5 years before i got a real job...it was pretty cool you see alot of girls and meet alot of cool people

wyndzer
01-25-2004, 05:46 PM
Would you like to supersize that for 29 cents? I'm chief burger flipper and love it at Micky D's. I even get to put the pickles on. Next month I'm getting trained to put the little squirt of ketchup on.

toby400ex
01-25-2004, 05:53 PM
Im gonna try some subways kinda places and less greasy places before i try mcdonalds or burger king.

Chino
01-25-2004, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by wyndzer
Would you like to supersize that for 29 cents? I'm chief burger flipper and love it at Micky D's. I even get to put the pickles on. Next month I'm getting trained to put the little squirt of ketchup on.

LMFAO.... when do u getta play with the sesame seed buns :eek:

01-25-2004, 05:54 PM
congrats:D

wyndzer
01-25-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Chino
LMFAO.... when do u getta play with the sesame seed buns :eek:
I'm not sure about the says me seeds, but I gotta get re-trained on wrapping the burgers, I kept getting the wrong wrappers for the burgers. Folks were getting pissed- Imagine ordering a Mc-Rib and getting it wrapped in a Filet O fish wrapper:eek2:

01-25-2004, 06:02 PM
that would suck it would ruin the rest of my day:(

toby400ex
01-25-2004, 06:02 PM
I'm not sure about the says me seeds, but I gotta get re-trained on wrapping the burgers, I kept getting the wrong wrappers for the burgers. Folks were getting pissed- Imagine ordering a Mc-Rib and getting it wrapped in a Filet O fish wrapper:eek2: I would go insane

David28
01-25-2004, 06:09 PM
I worked at the grocery store here for a summer....at a espresso and movie store for a summer and on and off at a elks lodge for the winter....and im 15 since november

free_rider20
01-25-2004, 07:13 PM
I work at subway. Its a pretty busy store on a college campus. We have a tanning salon in out basement, whichmeans we get some pretty good scenery. The main thing to getting a job that you like it the people you work with. You have to get along with them and be able to have fun. if you dont like who your workin for then it is gonna be miserable.

roostin_dale
01-25-2004, 07:36 PM
If you can afford it buy a lawn mower, rakes, leaf blower, tree trimmers and all that stuff...i do yard work and make about 3x as much as my friend at Hardee's. I mow more yards a week than you can imagine + all the extra stuff they ask me to do. 4 of the yards are Appartments that are owned my a BIG construction company and pay really well...i would reccomend trying this if you can get a descent lawnmower. You would be AMAZED at how much you make....

toby400ex
01-25-2004, 08:38 PM
I mow grass during the summer, Ive been paying car insurance and keeping the quad up with savings, and Im runnin out. Plus I need to buy a new mower for this summer cuz mine locked up and it will cost more to fix it than the pos is worth. And a real job and mowing jobs means lots of $$$$$.:D

remlapr
01-25-2004, 08:43 PM
I worked in the kitchen of a restaurant when I was 16-17. I had to start out washing dishes which sucked, but after 3 months I got to start working as a line cook - which was pretty fun and the time would go by really quick. Only bad part about working at any restaurant (fast food or sit down) is closing shift because you have to clean everything

Pappy
01-25-2004, 08:52 PM
this is the hatfield fast food resturant:eek2: cant get much fresher then that:devil:

xr50layke
01-26-2004, 06:41 AM
didja eat bambi :(

01-26-2004, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by xr50layke
didja eat bambi :(

Yes

dirtmomma
01-26-2004, 08:30 AM
BACK in the day when I was 16...........oh those were the days, oh back to the subject, i worked @ Hardees for my 1st job & it wsn't too bad that I can remember. I've worked as a waitress a few places over the years it's not too bad. My fav thing to do @ the fast food would be to work the dirve thru you meet some funny *** people especially after the bars close :rolleyes: anyway good luck I'm on the hunt for a job now too, I applied at the bike shop we buy our stuff so I HOEP they hire me, the manager likes me so that helps, I'll find out around the beginning of Feb hopefully!!:D

wilkin250r
01-26-2004, 12:03 PM
The pride of a 16yr old is amazing. You don't want to work fast food, because only losers work at McDonalds, right?

I know a guy that worked his a** off at fast food all through high school. What a dork, right? Working at McDonalds. What a loser!

Halfway through his senior year, he bought a brand new Corvette, and was the envy of everybody. He got LOTS of women with that car. Hmm, doesn't seem so dorky, does it?

trx400ex
01-26-2004, 01:38 PM
IM 16 and i wont work fast food. I will work about anywhere else, i got a job at a grocery store but quit before i even started so i could work at the local dealership. i dont make as much money now, but working on quads beats the hell out of stocking shelves. I gotta pay for the new mustang somehow, but not by working fast food

wilkin250r
01-26-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by trx400ex
IM 16 and i wont work fast food.

Why not?

wyndzer
01-26-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
The pride of a 16yr old is amazing. You don't want to work fast food, because only losers work at McDonalds, right?

I know a guy that worked his a** off at fast food all through high school. What a dork, right? Working at McDonalds. What a loser!

Halfway through his senior year, he bought a brand new Corvette, and was the envy of everybody. He got LOTS of women with that car. Hmm, doesn't seem so dorky, does it?

I guess that needing a corvette to get chicks isn't really dorky?

wilkin250r
01-26-2004, 02:35 PM
I guess that needing a corvette to get chicks isn't really dorky?

Oh, don't get me wrong, he wasn't a complete geek. He got the women without the car, but he got a whole lot more with it.

DEAL
01-26-2004, 02:52 PM
Try finding a job at a restaraunt, For washing dishes or cooking you make decent money, plus at most places you get tips ontop of your paycheck which is nice.

Doibugu2
01-26-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
this is the hatfield fast food resturant:eek2: cant get much fresher then that:devil:

Anyone notice Pappy and wyndzer look a little alike. wyndzer, you Pappy's long lost brother?

toby400ex
01-26-2004, 03:20 PM
Sorry if i offended the kid you knew in highschool but fast food is the last resort really. Im gonna try for a deli sandwich type place first. I dont like smelling like fries and working with people with the IQ of a 10 year old. But if it comes to it i will work at mcdonalds.

wilkin250r
01-26-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by toby400ex
Sorry if i offended the kid you knew in highschool but fast food is the last resort really. Im gonna try for a deli sandwich type place first. I dont like smelling like fries and working with people with the IQ of a 10 year old. But if it comes to it i will work at mcdonalds.

No offense taken at all. I just hope you're not offended when I say I think your pride is getting in your way, and you need to learn how the real world works. Flipping burgers doesn't make you better or worse than anybody else.

DEAL
01-26-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
No offense taken at all. I just hope you're not offended when I say I think your pride is getting in your way, and you need to learn how the real world works. Flipping burgers doesn't make you better or worse than anybody else.

Your right.
Gotta start somewheres, And Mcdonalds actually looks really good on a resume when you apply for another job.

muff
01-26-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by DEAL
Try finding a job at a restaraunt, For washing dishes or cooking you make decent money, plus at most places you get tips ontop of your paycheck which is nice.

ditto

I wash dishes at a local resturant...$9/hr isnt so bad :D

In a 1/2 year I made $4g, not to bad if you ask me, $300 a week durin the summer and $150 durin school weeks. I see nothing wrong with fast food but the pay isnt as great as some other places.

no matter what you decide to do, just get out there and work, I wish I worked all last year, heck I'd have $8000 and two totally badass quads :macho :devil:

Quad18star
01-26-2004, 05:02 PM
I've worked in restaurants since the age of 9 ( my parents owned one) ... and I liked it . I've never worked fast food and i refuse to do so . I shoveled horse crap instead of working at a fast food . Then I got lucky and worked for the Government for a summer , working in Parks and talking with visitors. After that summer I worked at a gas station ... then landed a job with an aftermarket parts dealership . Been there almost 2 years now and They've given me a permanent full time position . Gotta love it ... pays awesome $$ and i got benefits and room to move up . Working soem crappy jobs really paid off . I bought a car almost brand new ... it's not the best car in the world by it gets me where I wanna go . 1999 Sunfire GT and now a YFZ 450 . All this and I'm only 20 ... 21 in March !! Sometimes pays off to work some crappy jobs .

toby400ex
01-26-2004, 05:26 PM
I wouldnt mind washin dishes for $9 an hour.

remlapr
01-26-2004, 05:44 PM
Toby - hit up some restaurants like Appleby's, O'Charley's, ect.. and try to get a job in the Kitchen starting out washing dishes. It's not that bad and the money is pretty decent. When I was working there minimum wage was 3.35 I think and I was making 5.00/hr and was up to about 6.00/hr after a year. I thought I had struck gold...LOL...

wyndzer
01-26-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
Anyone notice Pappy and wyndzer look a little alike. wyndzer, you Pappy's long lost brother?

Hey! Watch your mouth.

01-26-2004, 08:52 PM
i work in a concession stand at a motocross track so i get paid, get to watch the races for free, and get to race for free,i didnt think that was too bad. I get paid bout 120 a weekend and i work thursday 4-8 and then sat. 10-5 i dont think that is too bad ive been there for about 1 year.

anthony7
01-30-2004, 10:55 PM
there is only one place to work at when you are young and that is wallmart. the babes just keep going by.oh lord i got to get that lay-a-way. oh yea
Originally posted by toby400ex
Im not havin any luck getting a job at the places i would like, and I know that fast food places pay good money for being 16 years old. Im thinkin it shouldnt be that hard to do since most people I ever see working at Mcdonalds are mildly retarded. How bad is it working at fast food joints, or is it bad at all. I need Cha ching for bling bling.:p

stace609
01-30-2004, 11:25 PM
I worked at McDonalds but I left after only a few days to work at Ames and it was so boring I wished I had stuck it out at Mcd's. The people were a lot more fun there. I would go through a whole shift at Ames without anyone saying a word to me. I was the only person in me department and it sucked. And as soon as you change your clothes the fry smell is gone. haha. Anyway I would recommend the fast food. Nothing wrong with it.

01-30-2004, 11:41 PM
like the latest episode of dave chappel nigga u smell like french fries.