PDA

View Full Version : exhaust and airfilter

sim
01-25-2004, 12:15 PM
I was looking at huevos 6 the other day and noticed that some of the guys exhaust baffle are really short like the 2 guys in the segment where the girl shoot those guns man there exhaust are like 5" long I was wondering if cutting a fourstroke baffle makes more power like on a 2 stroke? because I don't know but to me it seems like there exhausts have been cut? I don't know maybe not :huh

the other thing I wanted to ask is to all the cross country riders what do you guys ride as air filter like in other words do you guys run without an air box cover and witch air filter do you like best for this type of riding?

because what I'm riding right now is a 400 ex with a k&N air filter with pre-filter and I'm jetted without my air box cover but I'm always going around small water puddles and mud witch is slowing me down :mad: what would you do and if I were to put my air box cover back on do I have to re jet?

MotoX3
01-25-2004, 12:25 PM
i dont know what you mean by the first question(and i havent seen H6)......but if your going to race/ride xc...leave the lid on....youll run into mud/water:)

sim
01-25-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by MotoX3
i dont know what you mean by the first question(and i havent seen H6)......but if your going to race/ride xc...leave the lid on....youll run into mud/water:)

my first question was in other words does it or does it not give you power when you cut a 4 stroke baffle shorter like on a 2 stroke?? and also do i have to rejet if i put my airbox cover back on ?

sorry if i didnt make my self clear last time dude

MotoX3
01-25-2004, 03:29 PM
well as for shortening your pipe and getting more power....thats a much debated topic...most guys say it makes it louder and just a little power....try a search on it for opinions....you said u rejetted....hows it run?what colorss the plug?

ReconRider25
01-25-2004, 06:31 PM
it gives it a little more bottom end, but its mainly so its out of harms way if you get rear ended, and some just like it loud.....i like em loud too, but i wouldnt cut i pipe i just paid 200+ for....

sim
01-25-2004, 10:02 PM
well when i rejetted my bike when i got my LRD full system exhaust and my k&n with pre charger all at the same time and i jetted it preaty good didnt have any sing of power lost bogging or anything so ya it was running good

oh and thanx recon rider what you said about the pipe cutting makes sence thanx man :eek2:

but now im asking my self is why do they make pipes so long in the first place ???? and on other thing is could it do damage to the engine??

sim
01-26-2004, 01:52 PM
can anyone help