PDA

View Full Version : Got Really Lucky Yesterday !!! 250r

jfboy
01-25-2004, 12:15 PM
I sold and installed an integra motor to a guy thgat live around my house. I charged him 500$ for the motor installed.. but that's not the good part.. trhe good part is that I went to his to house to get paid I came thru the garage... there was a lot of junk... but I noticed that there some knid of atv fram chilling there. I looked started looking at it... It was an aftremarkt 250r frame at first I thout it wasastock one but I noticed thet it had a removable subframe!!! I looked like it had been sitting ther for a very long time... Next to it were also some aftermarket aarms of some kind.. the frame lhas a wing arm on it still and has a PEP shock on it and an aftremarket axle on it too.... So I was looking at this stuff and the guy came down in his garage. So I asked him.. IS THAT STUFF YOURS ? he replied.. it was my brothers but he died 2 and a half year ago in a car wreck. I told him I was sorry about his brother and then I asked what it was ??? He replied.. my brother used to race atv and he was gonna build one be he died before he finished it....Be hedint know anything about anything on the frame... he didnt know anything about atv's.... so I asked hime how much he wanted for it... he was like let me ask my parents when they come back from work.. I was like ok... he paid me the 500$ he owed me and I went home...

Later on.. he called me and he told me that his parents told hiom thye wanted 500$ for the stuff. So I jumped in my truck and gave him his money back and ltook the stuff home he even gave me some beadlock with decent tire on them.. what a deal.... !!!

The only problem is that I have no idea what kind of frame this is... one of my friend knows a good bit about aftremarket frames and he think is a LEAGER frame but before I sell it I wanna make shure what it is.... I also have no idea what kinda aarms they are ??? It has and axle on it too.. Durablue ???

HOW DO I TELL WHAT KINDA STUFF IS ON THERE ?????

Ralph
01-25-2004, 12:20 PM
why dont u build it!

lil400exman
01-25-2004, 12:39 PM
yeah a aftermarket frame R will whoop on the 400ex's etc and the new quads these days.........trust me!:macho man thats a sad story about his bro. you should have him ride it after you get it done to show him the fun and see if he wants to get into the sport!:macho

Tommy 17
01-25-2004, 12:42 PM
is there any symbols cut into the frame??? like a STAR or anything??? star could be a LSR

inbetween the 2 front shock mounts is there 2 or 3 circles in the cross member???? if so thats a laeger frame...

u have to really watch in a 250r... it can be stk link, no link, cr500 link, narrow front, std front, etc

01-25-2004, 01:05 PM
got any pics?

heres a laeger frame.

http://www.rriders.com/trx250r_forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=25443

jfboy
01-25-2004, 01:14 PM
it'S A LEAGER.. IT HAS THE 3 HOLES BETWEEN THE SHOCK MONTS !!! HOW MUCH IS IT WORTH ???

jfboy
01-25-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17

u have to really watch in a 250r... it can be stk link, no link, cr500 link, narrow front, std front, etc

SO THERE ARE MANY DIFFERENT KNIDS OF LEAGER FRAMES... HOW DO I TELL THEM APART ???

01-25-2004, 01:16 PM
does it have a vin anywhere?

if its a laeger it might have a vin that starts with LAEH

the price depends on the shape

what about the subframe?

Sportrax10
01-25-2004, 01:19 PM
Post some pics!!!

jfboy
01-25-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by BeeeRock!
got any pics?

heres a laeger frame.

http://www.rriders.com/trx250r_forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=25443

iT HAS THE SAME ROUND TUBE GOING ACROSS WHERE THE FOOTPEGS WOULD GO ON A REGULAR QUAD... ALSO HAS THE NERF BAR MOUNT UP FRONT..... IT'S LOOKS IDENTICAL TO THAT RED ON IN THE PIX.

01-25-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by jfboy
iT HAS THE SAME ROUND TUBE GOING ACROSS WHERE THE FOOTPEGS WOULD GO ON A REGULAR QUAD... ALSO HAS THE NERF BAR MOUNT UP FRONT..... IT'S LOOKS IDENTICAL TO THAT RED ON IN THE PIX.

even the subframe?

01-25-2004, 01:21 PM
if it is, id sell the 400 and build it!

jfboy
01-25-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by BeeeRock!
does it have a vin anywhere?

if its a laeger it might have a vin that starts with LAEH

what about the subframe?

WHERE WOULD THAT VIN BE ????

THE SUBFRAME IS REMOVABLE AND HAS AN ALUMINUM GRAB BAR THAT UNBOLST FROM THE REAR END...

Tommy 17
01-25-2004, 02:20 PM
does the rear shock and shock mount look like this.... straight up and down... if it does thats a 500 linkage

jfboy
01-25-2004, 02:29 PM
no it does go up like this it actually goes down just a tad... ????

I I take it that I have a leagers fram with stock links and standard front ????

Glow Plug
01-25-2004, 02:29 PM
:eek2: wow sounds like a kick arse deal for a leagers frame and pep shocks sounds like a good day to me :D

jfboy
01-25-2004, 02:33 PM
well it copuld be a pep shock but I'm not shure... it has a pep sticker on the shock rezi

ALSO HOW MUCH is a leagers frame and subframe with standard front end andstock rear link worth ???

Dave400ex
01-25-2004, 02:34 PM
Post some pictures! They are around $2,310 new!

jfboy
01-25-2004, 02:37 PM
2300 new ??? with subframe ???... also I'm probably going to paint or powder coat the frame.. how much should that run me ???