PDA

View Full Version : Bushings, overpriced or not. Expert advice needed.

Ralph
01-25-2004, 11:17 AM
K here it is, when looking for bushings i notice some of these kits are close to 80$. The other day at my parents buisness i picked up a catalouge and noticed they make bushings and i thought that if i could find the dimensions and etc. of the common ex or r bushing then maybe i could sell them for alot less. Now what i need to know is some little details.

They come in all differant types of sizes, color and material. I need to find out if they will do custom dimensions and details on prices.

First of all is there a big demand for reasonably low priced bushings?

second, what material, here is everything they offer,

aluminum
brass
copper
Stainles steel
Nylon
Derlin
Polycarbonat(lexan)
A.B.S(???)
P.V.C.
Teflon
Fibre

also, is it worth it to offer them in color? them make most common colors, black red blue yellow and some more.

For dimensions, Is there a standard size for bushings or do differant types of a-arms require differant bushings.

thx,
Ralph

jaspurx
01-25-2004, 11:27 AM
Somebody help this guy out , he`s trying to save us all money , and make a couple bucks in the process I guess!

RIDER11X
01-25-2004, 11:33 AM
Well, I run TM Designs bushings, and they are not lying when they say that they are way tougher than stock. I have no idea what they are made out of though.:cool:

LTandRaptorider
01-25-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by RIDER11X
Well, I run TM Designs bushings, and they are not lying when they say that they are way tougher than stock. I have no idea what they are made out of though.:cool:

I second that. I used TMDesignworks bushings for about a year in the a-arms on my LT. They were still great when I took them off. I'm not sure either what material they're made of... Delron? Whatever it is has good lubricity qualities, so constant taking the a-arms apart to grease bearings is no longer needed. I know one place I'd be interested in long lasting bushing is the steering stem. Both the lower bushing, and top block wear out quick. Suzuki uses a plastic bushing in the bottom of the stem, and it doesn't last long at all. I could get you the dimensions of the lower bushing... length, inside and outside diameters, the bushing has a flange at the top. If you can make something long lasting, I want it! ;)

Ralph
01-25-2004, 12:40 PM
well right now i need to see if they will produce me a custom bushing with my specs. Im not sure if i can have em made anyway else, id have to see one...