PDA

View Full Version : ATV Safety Flag and Pole

MarkyNark
01-25-2004, 10:53 AM
I am really, really tired of the RipRod fiberglass poles breaking on my quad. Everytime the flag pole hits a tree limb it breaks. Then after a few breaks its too short to be legal.

Does anybody make a decent steel whip and mount that wont break? Does anybody offer a warranty with it?

Marky

tprender
01-25-2004, 05:00 PM
What someone showed me to do was to drill out the bolt all the way though. Then warp some duct tape about 2 or 3 in up from the bottom of the pole. then just stick the pole into the hole and go riding. The flag will not come out if you have drilled the hole just a little bigger than the pole. The pole will not brake because it can move around when you are riding. Have not broken a flag scine I did this about 3 or 4 years ago. If the flag does break, just unsrap the duct tape and move it up some on the pole.

MarkyNark
01-25-2004, 05:14 PM
Duct Tape huh? Sorry man, no duct tape allowed on my quads!

Woodsrider
01-25-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by MarkyNark
Duct Tape huh? Sorry man, no duct tape allowed on my quads!

But it aint on the quad, its on the rip-rod:D

Heck rip-rods are cheap. But you could always try using something like a steel CB whip antenna:confused:

MarkyNark
01-25-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by soggyrider
But it aint on the quad, its on the rip-rod:D

Heck rip-rods are cheap. But you could always try using something like a steel CB whip antenna:confused:

Cool! CB Whip antennas are very tough. Now to find a durable flag and a quick release whip holder that fits.

honduh440
01-25-2004, 08:26 PM
at the sand dunes in oklahoma waynoka i bought a steel pole that had a spring on the bottom of it that is really nice ive had it for couple years now u can bend it and make a circle out of it and it doesnt break did cost like 15 bux but its deffinatly worth sorry tho their is no brand name on it at all

tprender
01-26-2004, 06:00 AM
First time that I have heard of someone who doesn't like duck tape. but, to each his own.