PDA

View Full Version : Help Tire Wont Move

Chino
01-25-2004, 10:23 AM
I've put all new ss brake lines on my quad this winter, and all new pads. Well when i was changing the front left side, the piston came out, so i put it back in and thought nothing of it. So when i tighten up my caliper all the way, it's real hard for my hub to spin, is it possible that the pads are a lil to thick, and i just need to ride it out. I was just riding it, but it's hard to tell with a foot and a half snow out. It would start to spin some, then it would lock back up and keep going thru that process. Any info would be helpful thanks alot. And yes, I have bled the brakes ~
Chino

Cole Trane
01-25-2004, 10:28 AM
You could've srewed up your caliper. If that piston isn't sitting in there correctly, then your pads are going to be pushing on your rotor. You could take it back apart and check it out, but if it isn't broken then you could cause more problems. Don't know bud, hope ya figure it out.

Chino
01-25-2004, 10:32 AM
Has anyone ever had that lil piston fall out before?? I just put it right back in the way it was and it looked fine?

Cole Trane
01-25-2004, 10:42 AM
NO, I haven't had one fall out, but it just makes since that your piston fell out and now the brakes are acting funny. I mean who knows, maybe you got the wrong pads.

AtvMxRider
01-25-2004, 12:02 PM
You dumbass!!!!!

Taco
01-25-2004, 12:03 PM
Take the caliper back off the bike and check it to see if its working right.

lil400exman
01-25-2004, 12:50 PM
aoubt the spinning if you arent using OEM honda they usually dont fir right or aslt as long. honda got that compound down. also you might have to wear it out but it sounds like your rotor might be a lil warped cause it spins then "locks" up and its rubbing up againt the pads.........i dunno. take off your caliper and do a run out on her and test your calipers when they are off by putting the old pad in there have them squeeze on it and if it grips it then its fine and its your rotor or the rotor could be on crooked:p

02Yellow400
01-25-2004, 01:41 PM
I know whenever i have put new rear brakes on you usually have to put alittle bit of time on it before everything starts to spin freely agian. Could be the same with the front. Just give some time to weart the pads down slightly

Chino
01-25-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
You dumbass!!!!!

Thanks alot man, I greatly appreciate your words of wisdom ~

wyndzer
01-25-2004, 06:15 PM
Take it apart and inspect it again. Make sure the pins that guide the pads are not bent or gunked up with dirt. Mr. PM.

Chino
01-25-2004, 06:45 PM
What's sort of funny is, when i put the caliper back on and snug down the two bolts, the hub moves freely, but when i "tighten" the two caliper bolts it locks the mofo right up, it will spin, but with force??? I'm totally stumped, for some reason, im thinkin it's in the pads. Were gonna check it out tomorow real well, so i can get it up and running~

jay's 300
01-25-2004, 06:57 PM
This is O.T. but where do you live to have that much snow! Must have got hit hard! I live in Beckley and we only got about 4". About the braking problem, sounds like you might have a warped rotor, the wrong brakes or your piston isn't decompressing completely. Good luck! :D

Chino
01-25-2004, 07:09 PM
Lol Jay, Im in preston County we got about a foot and a half now, still coming, they already cancelled school for kids tomrow ~