PDA

View Full Version : Well Guys I Get My Car This Monday...

OG350
01-25-2004, 09:03 AM
Well guys im getting my 04 Cobra this monday and now I need some help. I wanted to know what you guys think about this color called competition orange. Lol just to clear things up im not really a streetracer because I never liked the idea of endangering other peoples lives on the road and if when I need to show some 1 up thats y I have the track . Also hope I dont come off sounding spoiled or anything lol but the reason im getting this car is cause my parents think ive earned it due to my grades are very consistent and usually around 90's or higher, I help in the community, never done drugs or drank and for various other reasons. Also they feel like im capable of being about to drive a car like this because basicallly all my life ive been raised around cars and performance driving*not wreckless driving that would see on the freeway*im talking like auto-x and other types like roadracing.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/attachment.php?postid=889090

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/5073/dsc08914.jpg

01-25-2004, 10:15 AM
well whats the subaru things have to do with it? it's in your poll but you were only talking about the color of the stang so sounds like you made up your mind?

the orange is hott. no ones got it and its a real eye catcher. and definetly go with that over the subaru if its even a question. good look with it. how much horse does it have? 395 right?

EvilJester400EX
01-25-2004, 10:22 AM
I like the competition orange color, I was trying to get my sister to get her Mustang in that color, but she decided to go with i think fire red, or crimson red.

LTandRaptorider
01-25-2004, 10:24 AM
That's a sweet car... I'd stick with the color. probably a better choice than my... rasberry chevy truck! :o

Cole Trane
01-25-2004, 10:24 AM
What fuze said in the first paragraph.??? I don't know what your poll has to do with anything. But I would definatlely get the cobra!! I does push around 400 h.p, and then put some pulleys on it and you'll be pushing close to 425 or more!! I've seen those things kill WS6's, Corvettes, and they're pretty much stock with a few minor things done to them. Well, your a lucky man no matter which one you get, GOOD LUCK!!!

roostin_dale
01-25-2004, 10:27 AM
If i had that much money i would say go for a bad@$$ lifted truck!

OG350
01-25-2004, 10:59 AM
Yea guys sorry about the randomness of the poll I kinda just threw that in there for good measure to hopefully get more feedback on the car .

Striker49
01-25-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by roostin_dale
If i had that much money i would say go for a bad@$$ lifted truck!

Now you know what yer talkin bout. :D

But the Stang is alot better than yer other choice.
Performance - Throw in some power pullies, filter, chip, exhaust, and youll have even more power without spending much money.
Looks - Maybe a body kit of some sort (do not lower or put on those gay underbody lights), no big spoiler...maybe a small one on the trunk, billet grille inserts, maybe some chrome 5-point wheels, and a ram air hood.

Something like this minus the spoiler and youll have an awesome car...something I would drool over. :D
http://www.advancedplasticsmfg.com/ram_air_hoods/ford_mustang/mustang_hood.jpg

Glow Plug
01-25-2004, 02:38 PM
congrats on the car, but If your wanting to turn that into an autocrosser I wouldn't pick a corbra anyways, there are much better cars out there for autocrossing.

Corbras are more of a stright line machine but congrats anyways :)

01-25-2004, 03:09 PM
get a WS6:devil:

MP250r
01-25-2004, 03:13 PM
deffinatly an 04 cobra! Put a lightning pulley on it, boost bypass, exhaust and chip you will be making 450 at the wheels. seen it done. Those things are wicked. I would get a black one if it was me but i dont have $ like that plus i cant go without a truck so i would have to have my f-150 too. good luck with it.

FourFiftyFour
01-25-2004, 03:29 PM
orange is the best color in the world ;)

01-25-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
orange is the best color in the world ;)
LoL..hey being you have a dale in all i'd really appreciate if you gave me your opinion on this..thanks.
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89022

FourFiftyFour
01-25-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by fuZe
LoL..hey being you have a dale in all i'd really appreciate if you gave me your opinion on this..thanks.
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89022

every cannondale guy will get pissed off if i gave my opinion in there.....i hate my cannondale, i wish i had never bought it, its been nothing but problems for me and i do all the maintenance on it, its the most unreliable quad ive ever ridden, ive gotten to ride it like 20 times in 9 months due to it always breaking down, i would never want to buy another cannondale as long as i live

2001400ex
01-25-2004, 03:59 PM
Damn dude, I'm jealous...I am a big car enthusiast, but if I were you I would get the STi if I lived where you have snow and such because of the AWD. Either way NICE CAR!:cool:

01-25-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
every cannondale guy will get pissed off if i gave my opinion in there.....i hate my cannondale, i wish i had never bought it, its been nothing but problems for me and i do all the maintenance on it, its the most unreliable quad ive ever ridden, ive gotten to ride it like 20 times in 9 months due to it always breaking down, i would never want to buy another cannondale as long as i live
Sorry to have a little sub topic here, but what problems are you experiencing?

FourFiftyFour
01-25-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by fuZe
Sorry to have a little sub topic here, but what problems are you experiencing?

top end blew on it, the comp now got all screwy with me so now i got to pay $150 just to register for the software to find out whats wrong with the thing, and for some reason in one ride all my gear oil just dissappeared and i had been checking it and the quad never leaked anything....... and burned up my clutch.... just the most unreliable quad, and then u hear your countless stories of how they blow up....i didnt listen and took my chance....now i regret it

01-25-2004, 04:28 PM
eeeek thats the last thing in the world i wanted to hear. i DO NOT want to regret going from my 400ex to a dale. And at this point it looks like im gonna give it a roll of the dice and hope for the best. I'll cry to you if something goes wrong.:( if its not a dale im probably going to be looking at a banshee, and no,i do not have a quad fetish for unreliablility. i just like really fast quads:D

bone705
01-25-2004, 04:52 PM
the cobra is a very good choice but what about the impreza wrx? they perform identical according to the magazines.