PDA

View Full Version : farr wins in phoenix

lukester720
01-25-2004, 05:32 AM
Tim farr (trx450r) takes 1st place in the pro quad series race in Phoenix, AZ by edging out korey ellis (yfz450) in the main. To read the write-up go to www.********.com for more info!

Guy400
01-25-2004, 05:53 AM
At least this will shut some people up. You know that ones that were clammoring "looks like the TRX with Farr aboard can't keep up with the YFZ's."

This is just as I had expected. Honda, Suzuki and Yamaha are going to be swapping the top tier of the podium all year.

Maxx_Action
01-25-2004, 05:58 AM
Man...

that guy can ride huh? good job Farr. This is all so great for quad racing. Gonna be a great season...

Maxx

Guy400
01-25-2004, 07:41 AM
Harlen will have exclusive EXRiders pics from the event here shortly:macho

lukester720
01-25-2004, 09:59 AM
Harlen always has the best pics. Lets see them harlen! lol

86atc250r
01-25-2004, 10:27 AM
At least this will shut some people up. You know that ones that were clammoring "looks like the TRX with Farr aboard can't keep up with the YFZ's."

Naaa... They'll just be making excuses why he won this time.

I was really impressed with the lack of intelligence displayed by so many after Farr got third at the last race.

83ATC - where are you? The YFZ's honor needs some defending...

norcal.z400
01-25-2004, 12:12 PM
awesome!!

jarsong
01-25-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by 86atc250r

Naaa... They'll just be making excuses why he won this time.

I was really impressed with the lack of intelligence displayed by so many after Farr got third at the last race.

83ATC - where are you? The YFZ's honor needs some defending...

Like I've said many times before. 90% rider, 10% bike. Farr can ride that's for sure. These two bikes meaning the TRX and the YFZ will trade victories on any given day. But true this will be a great year for quad racing!!!!
jarsong

86atc250r
01-25-2004, 01:19 PM
Everyone and their dog says "90% rider and 10% bike" or some similar catch phrase.

However one must remember that when competing you are classed by your ability - meaning you are riding against racers of similar ability.

This means that the machine can be very important to you. This is why the 250R has dominated for so many years - it was that much better than anything else out there.

I don't believe a person can assign some arbitrary percentage value to the effect of a racer and his machine - neither the racer nor machine will perform very well without each other.

The YFZ and 450R are machines of very similar ability. Both will have their own strengths and weaknesses that will roughly make them even in the end.

In this year's season, it's likely that someone riding one of these two units will be points champion. The cool part is today, it won't matter nearly as much as in the past which you choose to ride & with the factories involved, each factory will likely be making small improvements each year in hopes to gain that little bit of edge over the competition in the next season.

This is great for us, we reap the benefits.

Some people complain that Honda, Yamaha, etc do not have contingency programs for local and national level racer. I take a different view. I say keep the contingency money, use factory teams to continually improve the product & keep the bike prices low by not trying to bribe the amateur racing community to ride your machine by offering them "Yamaha bucks".

robby26wi
01-25-2004, 01:30 PM
Farr runs itp's now?

JWhite
01-25-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by 86atc250r
Everyone and their dog says "90% rider and 10% bike" or some similar catch phrase.

However one must remember that when competing you are classed by your ability - meaning you are riding against racers of similar ability.

This means that the machine can be very important to you. This is why the 250R has dominated for so many years - it was that much better than anything else out there.

I don't believe a person can assign some arbitrary percentage value to the effect of a racer and his machine - neither the racer nor machine will perform very well without each other.

The YFZ and 450R are machines of very similar ability. Both will have their own strengths and weaknesses that will roughly make them even in the end.

In this year's season, it's likely that someone riding one of these two units will be points champion. The cool part is today, it won't matter nearly as much as in the past which you choose to ride & with the factories involved, each factory will likely be making small improvements each year in hopes to gain that little bit of edge over the competition in the next season.

This is great for us, we reap the benefits.

Some people complain that Honda, Yamaha, etc do not have contingency programs for local and national level racer. I take a different view. I say keep the contingency money, use factory teams to continually improve the product & keep the bike prices low by not trying to bribe the amateur racing community to ride your machine by offering them "Yamaha bucks".

Well said...I'm sure they BOTH will have thier place. I can't wait for mine.