PDA

View Full Version : Monster Jam Quads SUCK!

rhino99
02-24-2002, 11:35 AM
The Monster Jam thing was here in town last night so I went to it, not caring about monster trucks but wanting to see the quads run. It was my understanding that they ran on a sort of MX track, at least it had dirt and jumps as far as I knew? Well, not this one, it was held in the basketball arena which was small anyway, then once you got the cars there for the trucks to smash, there was no room for quads really. It was a concrete floor, and all the quads did was run in a small circle. They even ran GO KART tires on back, not even quad tires! I was pretty disappointed, as guys on banshees lapped the field both heat races, then I dont even remember who won the feature. But there was one guy there on a 400ex that was just dangerous, if I had been running, I would have refused to race with that guy, he was wrecking every couple of laps, it was crazy! Then at the end of the feature, one of the banshees was about to lap the field and all of a sudden he had "problems" and slowed so much that everyone caught up to him, then his "problems" were fixed after he dropped back to third place behind a 400 and a 250r, then the R, which was leading by a good amount had teh same "problems" on the last lap allowing the 400 and him to cross neck and neck. Made for a good show, if you couldnt tell it was TOTALLY fake!
I was pretty disappointed, and just wanted to let everyone know that if you are planning to go, make sure its gonna be a real track, not just someone driving in small circles!

400MXer
02-24-2002, 03:46 PM
was it Pro Quads or Quad wars?

big-guy
02-24-2002, 04:53 PM
I've seen that crap before. It's like pro wrestling minus any skill, talent, or sporstmanship. I was embarrassed to be there. And you know this is what a lot of people think atving is really like...

d52
02-24-2002, 07:50 PM
My point exactly. Real Quad Racing. Not the fake stuff or people will think that all of us are like that.

Moto92
02-25-2002, 01:07 AM
The quads at the St.Louis monster jam in January were pretty good. Of course it was pro quads, not that quad wars crap. In STL Tim Farr won with Kory Ellis second, and Dana Creech got third. I think there was around 50 quads total.

rhino99
02-25-2002, 11:02 AM
I actually dont think that this was either. Maybe though, there werent really teams, and I thought that with quad wars there were teams and stuff. They said these guys were racing in some national points championship, but it wasnt Farr or anyone like that, there were 3 local guys and 6 guys from Ohio.

02-25-2002, 01:59 PM
what can you really expect from a hillbilly monster truck show. i hate the freestyle crap that the monster trucks do. I mean think about. true rednecks are amussed by dumb stuff. Jerry springer, imbreeding, bug zappers, roadkill, goats and sheep. it's all a show and it's wrong. lets boycott monster trucks and imbreeding

Bergy
02-25-2002, 02:47 PM
I was lucky enough to learn years ago that most events like this are a joke. It's nice to see the Indoor Pro Stuff being good. I remember the old days when they had coke syrup races indoors though. You'd hook up like mad.

400MXer
02-25-2002, 04:07 PM
d52

Dana, how do you like your 426. and i have one more question for ya....Have you heard anything about laeger. i've heard for a few places that he is not makeing frames anymore, is that for good. does he still make your frames.

James70214
02-25-2002, 06:19 PM
I was told that about Laegers to by the guys at NACS. Other places I hear they still are. Whats the real deal D52

d52
02-25-2002, 10:47 PM
Laeger still makes frames although he told me that he is backed up so much (like a year since he personally checks every frame that has his name on it to make sure it is perfect before the customer has it), that he isn't taking orders right now. I think he is going to start soon though. If you want to know the real deal about Laegers you should call them direct and not waste time going through the rumor mill or going through people that may just want to sell you something that they have in stock.

The 426 is awesome. The power is incredible and I am feeling like it's going to be a great year for me this year.

02-25-2002, 10:49 PM
HEY DANA come in to the chat room http://pub21.bravenet.com/chat/show.php?usernum=1764312952
i think it would be cool to chat

fourwhls
02-26-2002, 05:28 AM
Quad wars are set up for the fans that don't know a thing about quad racing. The whole object is to put on a show for the crowd.
Think about the typical situation. A small arena with an eight foot wide track for the quads to race. If it was real racing, you and I both know whomever takes the wholeshot would win the race. There is no room to pass. Who wants to see 12 quads run in a single file line for six laps.
That is the reason it is staged.
I have done the quad wars here locally and really enjoyed it. We got just as much response out of the crowd as the trucks did during freestyle.
Yes, I will admit, I was not running full speed and trying to win. I was running side by side with friends, putting on a great show for the fans and having a ball.

bluebaron
03-03-2002, 09:35 PM
i went to a moster truck show to see the quads. i was dissapoited to see the race on a oval. the track was on a football feidt so it was pretty big. the best part was when a monster truck drove onver some guy's 250r. cuase he said that he would win the race but he did'nt

flyin#5
03-06-2002, 08:04 PM
in a couple of weeks there havin a monster jam in the metradome (minneapolis MN) its pretty big in there and on t.v. comm. the jumps look really big. my friend went last year and said the quad wars were awsome but i guess it just depends where they are held. i wish the pro racers would come by my house when they have the big monster truck rally. it is only a couple miles away from my house at the trollhaugen memorial race track. last year i got grave digger and wolverines autograph. even though im not into monster trucks its still pretty fun.

RoostinOna400ex
03-09-2002, 08:03 PM
Speakin of Quad Wars I went to some last night at my local "Monstor Truck Show" with "Team Mennts" which the driver turned out to be a short little fat dude? The monster trucks get 5 cars to jump over and call it a drag race the fastest one to the other side of the cars wins!! And the quad have a oval to do their "racing" its pretty funny I live in tx close to lousiana and there is team "texas" and team "Lousiana" and every year team lousiana wins first then team texas wins second then they have a fight between teams then they race there final race and team texas somehow has this big battle with team lousiana and team texas pulls off the win and then the captins of each team have a little fight and have there little race off and team tx pulls off another win? I know the script because it is every year but its good for a few laughs. I was going to ride in it this year but I broke my calor bone but im going to ride in it next year. It pretty weird how a banshee halls @ss around the track and then some how loses! I walked in the pits yesterday after the race and their rides are crapy its like they take what they can get but one guy is sappossed to be big because he has this big trailer and all these sponsors!:blah

fooracer
03-12-2002, 10:49 PM
I went to one of those things before too. What a joke, I could have jumped higher on and lt80(no offence to the mini's). And there wasnt like individual riders they had the red team, the blue team and the guy with the afro wig. These guys had like these really trick looking 250r's with sparks coming out the back?!?! I think the highest the got was like 3rd gear.:devil

Brad

DEAL
03-13-2002, 09:19 PM
Some of us are gonna have to get involved in that somehow and show those guys how to ride.