PDA

View Full Version : 400ex dying out after warming up ?

blancobuck
01-24-2004, 03:09 PM
Hey everyone I just bought a 2003 400ex that has a wb E series slip on pipe. I start the quad up and let it warm up for awhile, and then can blast it up and down the street for about 5 mins, and then when I let it sit to idle it just dies down. It will then go from dying down to not restarting at all for no apparent reason. I changed the plug and it was pretty dam black. I do not know if the 400ex is jetted properly. Does anyone have any ideas why this would be happening to me ? I am going to drain the gas because it was sitting for awhile ! Any help I would appreciate it.
Blanco

01-24-2004, 03:26 PM
its not jetted right....i dont know what jets you need but someone will tell you

phebus
01-24-2004, 03:45 PM
Fresh gas, new plug, make sure the idle speed is adjusted properly. Always start with the basics before jumping to the next step.

cals400ex
01-24-2004, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by phebus
Fresh gas, new plug, make sure the idle speed is adjusted properly. Always start with the basics before jumping to the next step.

yep, that is what i would do. if not, i would take the carb apart and clean it out and while your there see what jets you have in.