PDA

View Full Version : Still Waiting!

Honda
01-24-2004, 12:53 PM
Just Called the dealer. Not Shipping until the 28th!

Said he won't have them in the showroom until the first week of February.

granticimo
01-24-2004, 01:09 PM
Where are you located at?

Honda
01-24-2004, 01:47 PM
Indianapolis, Indiana

granticimo
01-24-2004, 02:22 PM
what dealer are you going through? I used Anderson Powersports, because dryer just has bad service. also let me know what you paid for it.

briantrx
01-24-2004, 04:16 PM
went to my dealer today, turn one motorsports, in plymouth indiana. he showed me hondas latest shipment info. it said they will be shipped from chicago on the 26th, so any time after that we should be getting them. can't wait
:D :D

granticimo
01-24-2004, 09:35 PM
Thats cool, at least your dealer has some kind of idea of what is going on. Are you first on the list, or are you going to have to wait? Where do you ride at and are riding any nationals this year.
How far are you from the motoplex?

briantrx
01-25-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by granticimo
Thats cool, at least your dealer has some kind of idea of what is going on. Are you first on the list, or are you going to have to wait? Where do you ride at and are riding any nationals this year.
How far are you from the motoplex?

yea i am first on the list and then the next 4 are sold after that also.
as for riding around here there is not really to mutch to choose from, just a few backyard tracks and fields and woods trails. that is why i am getting the new 450r to try and start racing...i never have before so we will see how that goes.
the motoplex is i think about 3 hours east of me, but i would love to try it out sometime. have you been before? or ever raced around here?

granticimo
01-25-2004, 01:04 PM
I have been to the motoplex, but i havent raced there. If my 450r comes in this week i will definately go up there this week. As far as local races i dont know of too many. do you want to race mx or cross country? There are races down at laural IN, and other than that we will do all of the nationals but 2 of them, and we will do some local fair races.

lukester720
01-25-2004, 04:52 PM
Mabey if we all get our R's this week we could all meet up at haspin acres in laurel and break'em in!

jeepeater347
01-25-2004, 07:17 PM
I just talked to my dealer yesterday and was told I have about 10 days

briantrx
01-25-2004, 07:23 PM
did you guys get any snow down there? i am afraid that when i get my 450r the snow will be to deep to ride it. right now it is snowing like crazy and we just got 2' last week. i am all for riding in the snow, but this might be too much.

Pappy
01-25-2004, 07:26 PM
yall dont know who to buy from:devil:

Wingnut
01-25-2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

It's not fair that their only for sale on the west coast.:mad:

lukester720
01-25-2004, 07:41 PM
We got about 4 or 5 inches here. I quit snowing around 6:30 pm not really 450r weather.

Quad looks good pappy! Where are you from?

Pappy
01-25-2004, 07:45 PM
the east coast:eek:

Guy400
01-25-2004, 07:46 PM
The Sherlock Holmes in me says that quad was purchased at I-90 Motorsports in Washington:D

Pappy
01-25-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
The Sherlock Holmes in me says that quad was purchased at I-90 Motorsports in Washington:D

i believe you are correct. mybud sent me the pic. said it rides ike a mofo:devil:

Chef
01-25-2004, 08:10 PM
Anyone wanna buy a Banshee?:eek: :devil:

Guy400
01-25-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Chef
Anyone wanna buy a Banshee?:eek: :devil: Been there, done that, never again:devil:

400exBro
01-26-2004, 06:23 AM
Why is it that tim farr 450r has a bolt that holds the plastic near the feul on off switch where the ones we bought don't have one there?? Did honda up date that or will we end up having to replace plastic if we crack it??

Guy400
01-26-2004, 06:33 AM
It is my understanding that the bolt will be added to new units rolling off the assembly line. All the units that are being shipped right now have been manufactured months ago so they'll obviously not get the update. I don't know if there's a mounting tab behind there on the frame but if there is I'd just drill the plastic and add a bolt.

stabbincabin
01-26-2004, 06:50 AM
HEY ALL YOU INDIANA 450R PEOPLE WHO ARE GETTING THEIR'S THIS WEEK,LET'S TRY TO GO TO THE BADLANDS AND RIDE.I HAVE THE FIRST ONE COMING IN AT SANDER'S CYCLE IN RENSSELAER,IT SHOULD BE IN THIS WEEK,I LIVE IN MONTICELLO,I HAVE A TRAILER AND CAN MEET SOME OF YOU TO SAVE GAS! I WILL POST PIC'S WHEN MINE COMES IN,WOULD RIDE ON SUNDAY FEB 1ST.ALSO MY BUDDY HAS A NEW YFZ SO YOU KNOW THE RACE IS ON,MINE WILL HAVE THE HRC KIT SO IF ANY OF YOU DON'T HAVE IT ON YOUR'S WE CAN COMPARE THE DIFFERENCE!

Honda
01-26-2004, 10:46 AM
YEP!
We are going to get everyone together for a big ride. It is gonna be a hoot!

I will probably compete at Motoplex. Also look for me at this years Ironman Race.

I'm good on the MX tracks but I be raised in the woods!

granticimo
01-26-2004, 12:00 PM
That sounds like a plan, I hope that we get them by tommorow or wens so i can go to the motoplex. I have a ton of parts for it, but still bo quad. are you guys going to put anything on them right away? I have Elka long travel shocks, bumper, and handlebars in. Hopefully the rest of my stuff will be here by mid week. Golden west said that the axle and my laeger long travels should be in by the end of the month.LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU INDY BOYS WANNA RIDE EM

Honda
01-26-2004, 12:15 PM
Mostly I have only been ordering my Riding Gear. I have the following so far.

Fox Pro-Pilot helmet
Fox 02 Honda jersey
Fox Honde Gloves
Fox Honda 360 Pants
Fox Socks
Fox Kidney Belt
Alpinestar Tech 8 boots
Alpinstar Socks

I got some more Gear to get! Stuff ain't cheap these days.

I also have a Pro-design Kill switch on order.

I will be ordering Hiper beadlocks, Holeshot XCR's, Nerf's a Bumper and skidplates as well as some Acerbis hand gaurds.

I'll be ordering some more stuff as soon as I confirm information on fitment.

briantrx
01-26-2004, 12:28 PM
all i have ordered as of now is just the hrc kit (already at dealer), but as soon as i get the quad i will get bumpers and would like to get propeg nerfs with heel guards.
any new info from dealers today? nothing from mine yet, just waiting on the call.

granticimo
01-26-2004, 06:30 PM
Nothing from the dealers yet. :( I found out that the AC propegs are not fitting good, I heard this form golden west and instead of those since I already paid for them they are sending me Roll Design foot pegs and standard AC nerfs for Cheap!
They called me and told me that they got their first production bike and have been putting all of the aftermarket stuff on it to make sure that it fits. John told me that everything is good except the pro pegs. It seems as if all of my parts are going to be here before I get the bike. Well hopefully we here something soon here in indy.

Honda Jay
01-26-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

Beauty! Pappy bought it for me though. . .

Chef
01-26-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Honda Jay
Beauty! Pappy bought it for me though. . .

Pappy didn't buy it.:o

lukester720
01-26-2004, 10:13 PM
No new info from my dealer either. I hope its in by saturday so I can go to haspin acres. I have the hrc kit, ac standard nerfs and stadium bumper for mine already. I want to see what the best pipe is gonna be before I just go out and buy one.

briantrx
01-27-2004, 08:49 AM
just called dealer, it was supposed to be in today, but it was too "icy" for the trucks yesterday, he said something about them comming from ohio to chicago. and the trucks still have not been in yet today. so he said to call tomorrow...this is crazy they are every where but the middle of the country. i am just going to find out where my quad is take my 4wheel drive truck and go get it my self:grr:

sjw1176
01-27-2004, 12:44 PM
samething going on here in ny, we have about 3 feet of snow on the ground and a strom hitting us right now as we speak, still no word on delivery of my bike, dealer told me it sould be in tues or wed this week............

briantrx
01-27-2004, 04:35 PM
talked to dealer tonight, said they will try again tomorrow after the snow storm.....

4fiddyR
01-27-2004, 04:54 PM
Maybe they should unload the 450R's to pull the Semi's! God D@mn Snow!

briantrx
01-27-2004, 04:55 PM
sounds like a plan to me:D