PDA

View Full Version : front brakes gone

400woodsrider
01-24-2004, 11:20 AM
my front brakes went today they had all kinds of padds on them and were really strong last time I was riding today they worked once real good and then the next time I grabbed the brake nothing happend:eek2: it is coolder than hell here would that do any thing to my brakes

01-24-2004, 01:25 PM
Do you see any meat on the pads now:confused:

infantry317
01-24-2004, 02:00 PM
you may also want to bleed them big time, you can sometimes get a freak bubble in the brake line, happened to me last summer on my rear brake from tipping the quad up on the grab bar to load it before lifting it into the pickup. After bleeding them very well it was fine.

crap-banshee32
01-24-2004, 02:31 PM
if its really cold the fluid might have froze in the line? im not sure if that can happen....just a possibility though.

motoboy66
01-26-2004, 01:02 AM
the might have frozen. mine did the same thing today i used them and then got them wet in the snow, the next time i tried they didnt do anything. when i looked they were covered in ice out came the blowdryer and they worked fine after that.

RytM1
01-26-2004, 11:48 AM
I'm with the rest of the guys who say that the temp has something to do with it. The stock brake fluid in my rear brake holds up great. The front fluid was replaced with Golden Spectro by the dealer. Once the temps hit around 45-50, the front brakes start going. The lower the temps, the less brake pressure I have.