PDA

View Full Version : My trails got blocked off!

Moded86R
01-23-2004, 10:39 PM
I have been riding the same trails since I was 7 years old.I have been riding them for over 11 years now.

Well today I am ridin along and get to this trail that goes off my property into this other property.There is a sign up.And worst of all barb wire.

So I go to another spot and check it out.Sure enough it's there to.

That is almost 400acres of feilds,creeks,hill climbs and 11 years worth of trails gone.I have no clue why.I have always had permission to ride there.I think I might go talk to the land owner but I don't know.

The good news is my buddy brought his girlfreinds freind over.And she is very good looking.And she got on my 400 and took right off.it was great seeing that fine girl riding.Hopefully something will come out of this.Here is some pics I took.

Moded86R
01-23-2004, 10:44 PM
Barb wire.

This really sucks.Oh well I have been making alot of new trails on my property.I am hoping I can eventually get a big XC track and somehow make our mx track connect to it.

Moded86R
01-23-2004, 10:55 PM
And for the first time ever on EXriders.My 400ex.

I will get some new pics after I get my pipe and handlebars.I already got them ordered.Just waitin for the big brown truck.

Boy it's nice to be able to post pics again!

cool 300ex
01-23-2004, 11:33 PM
Dang that sucks looks like some nice ridng too. I don't get that last part of that sign whats st and je stand for?

foxracingpredat
01-23-2004, 11:49 PM
ahh i hate seeing good land not being used for riding!!!my neighbor has some sweet hills and a cool creek but offcourse i cant use it to ride:mad: y cant ppl jus realize that land was made to ride

JOEX
01-24-2004, 12:12 AM
Yea, it sucks when your regular riding area gets closed off. I'm sure alot of it has to do with liability issues and vandalizm.

We used to ride the logging roads behind my friends dads house back in the early eighties for many years. Just recently they cut down a bunch of small trees and brush around the trail we used to get to the roads. They left most of it on the ground covering the trail with all the waste. We're still able to get back there but it's a bit of a challange.

We really can't b!tch about it because it isn't our property. Some of it we have permission to ride on but not all of it due to different ownership.

Joe

ReconRider25
01-24-2004, 07:40 AM
i know where your coming from. like half the trails around here have been blocked off, and theyre blocking off even more....:(

blondie69
01-24-2004, 08:44 AM
my parents own about 500 acres that has alota lake frontage on it, and there's quading trails all threw there. Your welcome to use them! haha

But that sukz! When my parents did buy the property, they did close off the trails, but then they decided to re-open them again. Maybe the dude will do the same eventually?? If not, that'll suk!
Nice quad btw:)

Sportrax10
01-24-2004, 09:48 AM
That barbed wire could have messed you up if you didnt see it in time!!!:grr: :mad:

brian-250
01-24-2004, 03:04 PM
im going to catch hell bout this but ill say it anyway,if you have pemission to ride there just cut the damn wire really,the guy that farms my riding ground knows i ride there and i never tear any thing up and one day i went back there and he blocked my trails off(neighbors ground,his boys got a quad but hes in college) so i talked to him and he said he didnt know about it,so he said just cut,never heard a word about it!:macho

nightrider05
01-24-2004, 03:08 PM
Hey..sorry to hear that they closed it down..I'm guessing by St.Joe they meant St.Joe State Park??I noticed that you live in festus. We'll have to meet up sometime and go riding if you ever go to st.joe because we go there quite often during the summer-Nightrider

knighttime
01-24-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Moded86R
The good news is my buddy brought his girlfreinds freind over.And she is very good looking.And she got on my 400 and took right off.it was great seeing that fine girl riding.Hopefully something will come out of this.Here is some pics I took.

wheres the pics dude? :blah:

tbone07
01-24-2004, 05:17 PM
Our fields got taken away because the owner sold it to a builder and a year later there is a development. Great drag grounds.

sportraxrider10
01-24-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by knighttime
wheres the pics dude? :blah:

exactly what i was gonna say:macho

xr50layke
01-25-2004, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by blondie69
my parents own about 500 acres that has alota lake frontage on it, and there's quading trails all threw there. Your welcome to use them! haha

But that sukz! When my parents did buy the property, they did close off the trails, but then they decided to re-open them again. Maybe the dude will do the same eventually?? If not, that'll suk!
Nice quad btw:)

500 acres :huh dont worry im coming teeeeeeegan :D

noice 400 86R

Moded86R
01-25-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by sportraxrider10
exactly what i was gonna say:macho

I knew someone was gonna ask that.I do have a couple pictures of her.But not one freakin one looks right.There both blurry.I will work on it.I found out last night she does like me.And then my buddy just called me and said she was talking about me till 2:30 last night.Which is kinda crazy.IMO I didn't think I would even stand a chance.I am glad though cause I really like her.

Yeah in that sign he means st joe.If you think that's bad.There is a trail down a pretty steep hill.And it has one strand across it to.My neighbor rides a blaster which doesn't have any brakes.And he could really get hurt.I warned him about it.I am not going to cut the fence.I can still get in there easily if I wanted to.But I will respect the land owner.I might walk back there.The guy is really nice.And has always told me I could ride.I know he put the signs up a few weeks ago.But I haven't been riding in the same spots.And normally we ride back there for about 10 minutes and leave.

Moded86R
01-25-2004, 10:31 AM
Here is a pic of the barbwire on the hill.You can also see one of the feilds and the creek.There is 4 feilds.And tons of trails and hill climbs.