PDA

View Full Version : 450r Ride Report

Bartman012
01-23-2004, 05:55 PM
Hi, just got my 450r last night. Took it for a 8 to10 mile ride today. I've owned a Raptor, about 4 250r's, 3 Suzuki lt250's a 400ex and still own a 03' LTZ400. All I can say is that this thing takes the cake! The seat is perfect, the sound is awesome. I have the HRC kit installed already. By the way, let the dealer put the kit in, apparently there's more to it than you think. Something about thickness gauges or something. Too technical for me. I rode on some roads next to the rr tracks. And some loamie sandy creek beds as well as some tight woods stuff. My old rappy is widened and has a/m shocks and this thing totally out-handled it. The power is there when you need it and then some. I'm a pretty big guy and there was more than enough power. Just when you thought it might be tacked out, it keeps on going. The dealer told me not to baby it when braking it in. I wasn't abusing it, I just didn't tack it out the whole time. If you can afford one, get it. I haven't ridden the YFZ yet, I've sat on one and man, the seat is hard! The ergos were perfect for me. The stock shocks work awesome as do the brakes. All I'll be putting on is some fat bars and a pipe. Not even sure if I'll be widening it or not. Later

sickmojave
01-23-2004, 06:32 PM
Did you get any more pictures of it? congrats dude;)

4fiddyR
01-23-2004, 06:49 PM
Congrats man, I'm being told January 31st!!!!!:D

01-23-2004, 07:15 PM
:cool: Sound real nice.... Good luck with it.......

86atc250r
01-23-2004, 09:45 PM
By the way, let the dealer put the kit in, apparently there's more to it than you think. Something about thickness gauges or something.

He was probably talking about setting the valve clearance with shims - since it doesn't have intake rocker arms, there are no screws to adjust like on a 400EX.

450rboy
01-23-2004, 09:49 PM
tell us more and give us pictures

YZROOSTINYA
01-23-2004, 11:22 PM
prob more like head/base gaskets as this would effect compression and power levels.

psd1
01-24-2004, 05:54 AM
Hmmmm, second post & everyone belives him? What if he had said exactly the opposite? Everyone would have been asking for pictures & a VIN! :o

I dont buy it!

Pungohboy
01-24-2004, 05:57 AM
Well I believe him because he posted at another fourm and had pics he can put the link if he wants to. Why doesnt anyone believe when someone talks about a 450r.

psd1
01-24-2004, 06:05 AM
I just find it interesting how quick people are to accept something if it is something they WANT to hear & how quickly they discredit the poster if they say "negative" things.

If this guy had come on with 2 posts & said that he had just got his 450R and his Raptor was better all the way around NO ONE here would have believed him! Then he probably would have been put down and possibly blacklisted!

See what I am getting at???

I'm sure he does have a 450 r & I hope he likes it!:p

roughrider01
01-24-2004, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by psd1
Hmmmm, second post & everyone belives him? What if he had said exactly the opposite? Everyone would have been asking for pictures & a VIN! :o

I dont buy it!

Um yah, he posted pics. Some of you people are unreal, not just in this forum, in others too. He only has two posts here because i see he uses a different one more often, just like me. He took the time, made an account on here to fill you in on the new 450r and you just knock him for it. :mad:

psd1
01-24-2004, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by roughrider01
Um yah, he posted pics. Some of you people are unreal, not just in this forum, in others too. He only has two posts here because i see he uses a different one more often, just like me. He took the time, made an account on here to fill you in on the new 450r and you just knock him for it. :mad:

If he already had an account why in the hell would he open a new one?

Why did you just create an account to make this post? **** gets dumber here everyday:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Maybe I will create a new user account everytime I post :rolleyes:

roughrider01
01-24-2004, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by psd1
If he already had an account why in the hell would he open a new one?

Why did you just create an account to make this post? **** gets dumber here everyday:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Maybe I will create a new user account everytime I post :rolleyes:

We got an intelligent one here dont we guys. Well to view picks you need an account.

Let me slow it down for ya. Bartman had an account on atvconnection.com forums and so did i. I came over here cuz this place has the best news.

sickmojave
01-24-2004, 06:45 AM
and here is the pic he sent me :)

http://www.sweetquads.com/modules/My_Uploads/user_folders/sickmojave/Picture%20001.jpg

greghall
01-24-2004, 06:46 AM
Why would the guy lie some people just want the 450R to fail prop. YFZ owners:D

meangreen400ex
01-24-2004, 06:57 AM
:eek2: :huh :huh :huh :huh Thats ugggghhhh sweeeeeet:blah:

Bartman012
01-24-2004, 08:59 AM
Here's the deal. I used to be a member on this site. I changed e-mail address and forgot my password. I tried multiple times to get my old password but I couldn't get it for some reason. I finally contacted the admin and told him the story and he kindly reset my password. (thanks!) There are so many different passwords for this and that on the net that I forget all of them. Ebay, Paypal, Ex-Riders, Atvconnection, R-riders etc.

sly400ex
01-24-2004, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Bartman012
Here's the deal. I used to be a member on this site. I changed e-mail address and forgot my password. I tried multiple times to get my old password but I couldn't get it for some reason. I finally contacted the admin and told him the story and he kindly reset my password. (thanks!) There are so many different passwords for this and that on the net that I forget all of them. Ebay, Paypal, Ex-Riders, Atvconnection, R-riders etc.

Cool! Thanks for the report....and for the dis-believers, keep your thoughts to yourselves, quit trying to start something so quick without knowing the details!:rolleyes:

JWhite
01-24-2004, 09:26 AM
My question is..............

Why in the heck aren't you out riding that bear right now?

I'd be looking for the first YFZ I could find if I were you.

sparky450AR
01-24-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by sickmojave
and here is the pic he sent me :)

http://www.sweetquads.com/modules/My_Uploads/user_folders/sickmojave/Picture%20001.jpg

awesome...how did you get it so much faster,,, do you live in cali?

Bartman012
01-24-2004, 09:29 AM
It's about 40 degrees outside and it's raining. That's why I'm not riding. I don't know anybody off hand that has a YFZ but, a buddy of mine does and as soon as we can all get together, I'm sure we'll be doing some comparing.

JWhite
01-24-2004, 09:31 AM
Yeah, the rain sucks...I'd be driving a 200 miles if I had to to find some dry weather...lol.

Good luck man. Keep us informed.

psd1
01-24-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by roughrider01
We got an intelligent one here dont we guys. Well to view picks you need an account.

Let me slow it down for ya. Bartman had an account on atvconnection.com forums and so did i. I came over here cuz this place has the best news.

Well there Bud! Anytime you want to go toe-to-toe intelligence wise let me know, I'll tie half my brain behind my back!

You posted "He only has two posts here because i see he uses a different one more often, just like me" WTF does that mean? Does it mean he uses a different user name or a different site? It leads me to believe that he has been here before, just like you! Now it seems YOU are a brand newbie over here because it's a good site...quit trying to act like such a know it all...in other words STFU and color!

Oh yea, Bartman012 I cant believe that you are going to let a little rain keep you from riding! If I had been waiting forever for my favorite manufacturer to release the quad of my dreams a little rain and cold surely wouldnt keep me off of it...at least for a couple hours anyway! Dont ya have any rain gear??? I understand the password problem. Friggin work CPU, credit cards, frequent flyer programs, bank accts, Pay Pal, Ebay, it's lucky a guy can remember his own address!

bigz-71
01-24-2004, 05:55 PM
i see a lot of blue in that garage! i guess it does not matter he still choose the honda! the bike is looking better and better every time i see it!

Maxx_Action
01-24-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by JWhite
My question is..............

Why in the heck aren't you out riding that bear right now?

I'd be looking for the first YFZ I could find if I were you.

Errr....

you may only want to go lookin for a YFZ if you want to get a distant view of the back of it! Heeyyyyy!! I Juusssss Kiideeeen!
Don't get mad!

Maxx

Maxx Is Our Hero!! GOOOOO Maxx!!

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/_950/ole.gif

Maxx_Action
01-24-2004, 07:47 PM
And Oh Yeah...

Bartman, your quad looks Awesome!

Maxx

JWhite
01-24-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Maxx_Action
Errr....

you may only want to go lookin for a YFZ if you want to get a distant view of the back of it! Heeyyyyy!! I Juusssss Kiideeeen!
Don't get mad!

Maxx

Naaaa, I've seen just about stock 400EX's beat modded YFZ's. Why? Because the kids were ridin' the heck out of them EX's. That's why.

As far as your Juusssss Kiideeeen remark...I got a pair of YFZ's and they'll be sold in a NY minute if I like tha HONDA better...and I ain't kiideeeen.....:devil:

2004TRX450R
01-24-2004, 11:43 PM
Well I FINALLY got to ride it today!! It is SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The power is smooth and just when you think it is about done reving it just keeps going and makes more power. It does come up off the bottom pretty good too. I think when I was rideing it in the driveway and though that the bottom end was lacking I was just lugging it because once I got a chance to ride it it comes right up. It wheelies pretty easy too. Once you get in about 3rd or 4th gear you kinda have to pull on the bars a bit but the thing hauls ***! I love it. There wasn't much for jumps but the little ones that I was able to hit today the suspension feels really good and the thing slides around the corners REALLY nice. It has very predictable handleing charicteristics. I LOVE IT!!!!

twisted threads
01-25-2004, 12:39 AM
2004trx450r sounds like you had a great time on you new bike. Im glad to here the good reports on the 450r. My buddy put a down payment on a trx450r the other day and should be getting his in march. After he gets his some of us should hook up and go to the dunes and play!:cool:

2004TRX450R
01-25-2004, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by twisted threads
2004trx450r sounds like you had a great time on you new bike. Im glad to here the good reports on the 450r. My buddy put a down payment on a trx450r the other day and should be getting his in march. After he gets his some of us should hook up and go to the dunes and play!:cool:

Sounds like a plan. We should hook up and ride before he get's his bike too! Where do you live anyway? Where did he put his down payment at? I bought mine at RMC and they are supposed to be getting more at the end of the month and I don't think they have deposits on all of them. I don't think we have deposits on all them at my work either at I-90 but I don't know how many more we will get at the end of the month. Might be worth looking into if he wants one sooner.

twisted threads
01-26-2004, 01:00 AM
Sounds good to me! were do you do most of your riding around there? I live about 15min from Olympia and there are lots of trail up in the Capital Forest but they are very tight in some spots. My buddy put a down payment in a South Sound Honda in Olympia, he could get one sooner but be wants to save some more money first so he can pay for it in cash. So did you get the HRC kit yet or are you going to wate a little longer? I think Im goint to try to get a trx450r in july or Aug. to give people time to figure out whats the best pipes and stuff like that, and to give me time to save up some more money.

2004TRX450R
01-26-2004, 10:21 AM
Well I do most of my rideing down at Florence. I want to do more rideing locally but I don't know where to go. I've been to capital Forest a couple of times for Poker runs. They were pretty fun. That might be a cool ride if we got together. I don't really like going to new places without someone who knows their way around. I haven't got my HRC kit yet but I am going to wait until there is a hi comp piston available for it too then I'm going to pull it down do the HRC kit and have the head ported. While that is all beign done I will strip the frame down and have it powdercoated red. Then I'm going to powdercoat some other odds and ends of stuff like the A arms black.