PDA

View Full Version : WB tech support

trouble661
01-23-2004, 04:45 PM
I called WB tech support today in regards to my new pipe. they might as well not have tech support. They couldnt tell meanything about jetting, didnt know what the stock jetting was or anything. they send a dyno graph with the instructions, i asked them what the carb setup was for the reading they got. they didnt know.I read the instructions on installation and said to use mounting bolts supplied. i told them i didnt get any bolts. they told me i could use the stock mounting bolts. now let me ask you, how are the stock bolts going to be long enough to fit through the aluminum spacer?i did manage to find a long enough bolt. and got it installed. sounds good but i need to work on the jetting.

phebus
01-23-2004, 05:16 PM
Every manufacturer's reccomendations on jetting I've ever seen, have been extremely rich. I don't know what you're riding, elevation, temperature, Keihin, Dynojet, etc., but if you do a search on this website, I'm sure you will find a closer starting point for your jetting than the manufacturers would give you.

trouble661
01-23-2004, 06:38 PM
i have exhaust the net looking for a good starting point for jetting. the best advice is the advise i have found here. 155 main 42 pilot and one clip down on needle

cals400ex
01-24-2004, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by trouble661
i have exhaust the net looking for a good starting point for jetting. the best advice is the advise i have found here. 155 main 42 pilot and one clip down on needle

that sounds like a good starting point. ;)

RED121572
01-24-2004, 10:48 AM
LOL........

In my Honda, I have there All around cam. I lost the info sheet on it and called them up to find out the valve lash adustments. They couldnt tell me. The girl on the phone said they dont have that information. They sent me to web cams.

Ive dealt with WB a few times. Not to sound like a whiny kid, but I have absolutely nothing good to say about WB's.