PDA

View Full Version : whats the matter with my rear brake?

JDiablo
01-23-2004, 03:17 PM
can someone help me out here,i installed new brake pads and i did bleed the brake lines correctly,but my problem is that when i push down on the brake pedal,the brake pads make no contact what soever with the brake rotor,how can i fix this because i would really like to take it riding already,thankz

01-23-2004, 03:18 PM
you need to bleed the brakes better.

You don't need to touch the fluid when you change pads.

and i"m mobing this to the suspension forum since the open forum is not the correct place...:D

JDiablo
01-23-2004, 03:23 PM
ok,but i had to bleed the brakes anyway considering they didnt have any fluid in them after the rebuild,but how do you mean bleed the brakes better?i have it were they fluid shoots right out of the bleeder valve

01-23-2004, 06:38 PM
tell me you didnt put dot 5 in there :eek2:

lil400exman
01-23-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
tell me you didnt put dot 5 in there :eek2:
why? i run dot 5 and its fine in my machines well its silicone brake fluid:)

01-23-2004, 06:48 PM
if tis mixed with dot 4 it will ruin all rubber

lil400exman
01-23-2004, 06:50 PM
if tis mixed with dot 4 it will ruin all rubber
not the silicone. Its 100% compatible i read on the label:huh i dunno htough i probably read wrong........but tither way i put 100% new brakes on my R with SS lines and master cylinders calipers on OEM pads.........

Guy400
01-23-2004, 06:55 PM
300exrida, go to a pet store and buy about 5 feet of aquarium airline (clear). Heat the one end slightly with a lighter until the rubber tube becomes soft and push it over the bleeder nipple. Allow it to cool for several seconds and the rubber will contract and tighten around the nipple. Now remove the rear brake reservoir cap. Start to pump the brakes until the tube starts to fill with fluid but constantly add to the brake rezzie as the fluid level drops. When the tube nearly fills place the end down in the rezzie so the fluid circulates. Slowly pump the brakes and watch for small air bubbles to get pumped out of the brake caliper. Only when all the air is no longer pumping from the caliper are the brakes bled fully. It may take upwards of 15-20 minutes but it'll get there.

Or, go to Autozone and buy a hand vac for bleeding brakes and be done with it.

JDiablo
01-23-2004, 07:07 PM
and no i didnt put dot 5 in there it is dot 4 and yes i do read to,well they improved somewhat,some pressure is applied i guess i still gotta keep on pumping..thankz for you replies but man i cant wait to take this thing wide open with all the pipe,tires and stuff on it:devil:

01-23-2004, 07:16 PM
i didnt have rear brakes on my four wheeler from april to 2 weeks ago when i bought a whole new set. I like them but I dont need them, used to riding without them

01-23-2004, 09:32 PM
yehhhhhh ur defenitly retarded. u need rear brakes.

Chanman420q
01-23-2004, 10:35 PM
i primarily use my fronts, but id never just take the rears off cuz i dont use them, theyve saved my *** plenty of times

01-24-2004, 08:24 AM
:blah: rear brakes are only needed for me in emergencys...i dont use them during normal rides unless im racing friends or riding the streets & a car pulls out in front of me

lil400exman
01-24-2004, 05:12 PM
:blah: rear brakes are only needed for me in emergencys...i dont use them during normal rides unless im racing friends or riding the streets & a car pulls out in front of me :huh
when ur riding downhill you must have it or ur going over the handlebars and dont say i dont need it cause i ride fast.........try going down a super steep hil into a creek crossing without rear brakes............NOT FUN!:eek2:

01-24-2004, 05:55 PM
its called 1st gear 7 yes, i go slower down the hills so I can keep control...i actually have a bunch of huge hills I go down with only front brakes...I just keep it in 1st with the cloutch pulled in & if it gets going a little fast I let go of the clutch & 1st gear takes ove.....so stfu, i know what i'm doing with this one