PDA

View Full Version : Rausch Creek race events 2004

Rausch Creek
01-23-2004, 11:45 AM
23 January 2004

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Rausch Creek to Host Four National Race Events in 2004

Rausch Creek Motorsports Park announces an exciting calendar of race events for the 2004 season that includes four National race events. We will once again be hosting the Grand National Cross Country series on May 15th-16th which will see the worlds best cross country riders squaring off against each other in one of the toughest racing series in the world. The GNCC race will be held in a separate location from the MX & ATV Park.

ATV racers will get a chance to show their talents on July 17th and 18th. Saturday the 17th will start with the first set of motos for the National Quad Racers Association round # 7. For those of you who really like to spend a lot of time on your quad you will be able to continue racing through the evening with round # 3 of The 6 Hours of ATV America. This event is a precursor to The 12 Hours of ATV America in Ft. Dodge, Iowa. Sunday the18th will see the second set of motos for the NQRA event. There will also be a Utility Quad challenge held during the weekend.

The AMA National Hare Scramble series will make a stop at Rausch Creek on August the 15th. This series is contested by many of the same factory and amateur racers that run the GNCC series. This is a motorcycle only event that will be held at a separate location from the MX & ATV Park and will also count as a District 6 points paying event.

At the Local level we will be hosting two regional AHRMA Vintage Motocross events and one District 6 regional hare scramble. The AHRMA events are run on our Intermediate Motocross track and Natural Terrain track. If the names Bultaco, Penton, Can-Am, Maico, BSA, and Elsinore Honda mean anything to you then Rausch Creek is the place for you on April the 15th and September the 11th. On September the19th Rausch Creek will have its 5th Annual Fall Hare Scramble. This race is a favorite to many with the course being very technical and fun. This race is always a challenge and usually sees some of the nations top pro riders in attendance.

2004 will be an exciting year at Rausch Creek Motorsports Park, come out and enjoy it with us. For more information contact the MX Park office at 570-695-3864 or the business office at 570-682-4600 or you can find more information on www.rauschcreekracing.com

6 Hours of ATV America

Round # 3 of the 6 Hours of ATV America at Rausch Creek will be held on Saturday July 17th beginning at 4pm. The entry fee is $120 per 1-3 rider team, Pro class entry is $200 per 1-3 rider team. Gate fee is $10.00 each and kids 8 and under are free. This race will be held on our Natural Terrain track, the Intermediate track and approximately 4-5 miles of cross-country. The total length will be in the 6-8 mile range. You will need headlights for this race, as the last 1-1.5 hours will be held during the night. When you get out to the woods section there will be a lot of areas that have multiple option lanes just like the 12 Hour.

jlhughes750
01-25-2004, 07:57 PM
this should be at the top

great info Rausch

top notch place, thanks

Ralph
01-25-2004, 08:49 PM
What exactly do u need to enter in the 6 hour race. 16 y/o + and the 120 or like an ama card or something. I am very interest and excited...

crap-banshee32
01-25-2004, 10:00 PM
woot woot...might have to get a team together for the 6 hour!!:)

400EXrider#91
01-26-2004, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by crap-banshee32
woot woot...might have to get a team together for the 6 hour!!:)

if only i was old enough:mad:

crap-banshee32
01-26-2004, 01:12 PM
i have a question..

me and my 2 buddies wanna make a team.

and race "B" class...but my one buddy races A at the gnc nationals...., would he be able to race down with me and my other friend?

i wasnt sure b/c i dont know if it is sanctioned by the same ppl or if it would matter.

if anyone knows...please let me know

thanks
Nick

Tommy 17
01-26-2004, 02:21 PM
j.w. whats the nqra race??????

thats gonna be a confusing weekend... its the same time as the 6 hour race!!!! its gonna be packed:macho

i think me, racerx573, curt are runnin a team at the 6 hour:macho

gibson400ex
01-27-2004, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by 400EXrider#91
if only i was old enough:mad:

hey what quad are you building?

jlhughes750
01-27-2004, 08:04 AM
I believe the rules state that if any of the team members have competed in the A class of GNC or GNCC then all of the team must run A...... But if only one of the team has run Pro before then the entire team in eligible for Pro. our team is running A.. we are all A riders locally in D6 and A riders at the GNCC's..... I don;t think they will allow a local or GNC A rider to compete in the B class.

I found the banner on ********.com and they have rules posted...read them carefully, there are alot of penaltys to be handed out at this race for not following procedure.... I have printed the rules out and given them to our team mechanic.. so we are sure not to be penelized for anything... ie. wrong guys working on the bike...or tow in procedures after breakdowns...etc.etc.etc.

Rausch Creek
01-27-2004, 11:03 AM
Thanks again Jason

Ralph- You dont need an AMA card but you will need a Fast-Trak promotions card. The cost is $5.00

Tommy- The NQRA (National Quad Racing Association) is running a nine race National series during the 2004 season. The NQRA is run by Randy Dinkins who is best known for his Virginia Beach race which draws a very large group of competitors. For more info about the NQRA visit their site www.nqra.org Here is their schedule for this year.

2004 US ATV National Championship Series
February 27-29 *Motocross World Orlando, FL MX & TT
March 12-14 *Monster Mountain Montgomery, AL MX & Drag
April 23-25 *Triple C Raceway Wilson, NC TT
May (30), 1-2 *VA Beach Xtreme Weekend VA Beach, VA MX & Drag
June 11-13 *Capital City Speedway Ashland, VA TT
July 16-18 *Rausch Creek MX Tremont, PA MX
August 21-22 *Potomac Speedway Budds Creek, MD TT
September 3-6 Georgia Motorplex (Aonia Pass) Washington, GA MX , TT & Drag
(US National Championship Finals) - All 3 Divisions -

seatec
01-27-2004, 11:25 AM
Does anybody have any pics of the Virginia beach race? want to know if i would get killed n that track or not:D

Never mind. found them on the NQ website.

seatec
01-27-2004, 11:30 AM
Is racing on Verginia beach fun for a Novice/beginner? Didnt look like there wherent any doubles and stuff.

gibson400ex
01-27-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by seatec
Is racing on Verginia beach fun for a Novice/beginner? Didnt look like there wherent any doubles and stuff.

we will be down there selling stuff most likely on the boardwalk.

It is one hell of a weekened and it is so sick.

Last year at the drags a guy had a suzuki 1000 motor in a lt 500r frame and a huge bottle of NOS( he was drag racing it) he smoked about everyone there.

My dad and bro raced last year and they have one big finishing table top which they do freestyle on.

seatec
02-03-2004, 10:45 AM
Cool, thats sounds like a lota fun. ALways wanted to ride on the beach.

jlhughes750
02-18-2004, 11:53 AM
anymore info on the 6 hour????????

How are the tracks at Rausch?? snow covered still??

thanks

QuadRacer041
02-18-2004, 07:44 PM
j, let me know when your gonna head up to rausch to practice, my bike is ready and i want some seat time.

Lou

QuadRacer041
02-18-2004, 07:51 PM
j, post a link to those rules

jlhughes750
02-19-2004, 08:45 AM
http://********.com/6hoursofamerica/index.php

i think u gotta download the rules

Ralph
02-19-2004, 09:04 AM
· Is this a series?
Yes and no. For 2004 there are no plans to count any championship points, but all events will be promoted and ran with the same consistent staff using the same consistent rules and referees.

[ Back to Top ]

· How much is it?
$120 per 1-3 rider team. Pro class entry is $200 per 1-3 rider team. Pit passes are $20 each. Spectator admission $10 each, kids under 10 are free.

[ Back to Top ]

· What time does it start?
Gates open at 8am, sign up 8am-10am, race starts at 10:30am. Note the Rausch Creek event starts at 4pm.

[ Back to Top ]

· Does our team have to race the 6 Hours events in order to compete at the 12 Hours?
No but your team will learn a lot and be better prepared for the 12 Hours by racing at least one 6 Hours event.

[ Back to Top ]

· Can I sign up my team even though we’re not sure of all the members yet?
Yes. Just type “to be determined” in the empty fields that ask for that rider’s information.

[ Back to Top ]

· Can our team sign up at the track?
Yes but there will be a 10% price increase.

[ Back to Top ]

· How is the race scored?
All classes race in the same six hour session. The team in the lead with the most laps in each respective class will win the event. A bar code is placed on the left side of each team member’s helmet. Your team’s rider is scanned and all information is electronically processed.

[ Back to Top ]

· What are the engine displacement limits?
There is no cc limit or width limit. You can race any ATV desired in any of the classes.

[ Back to Top ]

· Can we race aftermarket frames and motorcycle powered ATVs?
Yes

[ Back to Top ]

· How wide should we set up our ATV?
Top finishing teams at the 12 Hours used set ups similar to those used in a motocross event.

[ Back to Top ]

· Will we need headlights and tail lights?
Only for the final 6 Hours of ATV America event at Rausch Creek.

[ Back to Top ]

· How many mechanics does are allowed in our pits?
As many as you like

[ Back to Top ]

· Can we change the whole motor if necessary?
You can change anything on the machine except the frame. Frames will be marked with a tamper-proof band.

[ Back to Top ]

· Do I need to become a member of a sanction in order to participate?
Yes. You will need to purchase a “Fast-Trak Comp Card” it’s only $5 and good for all events promoted by Fast-Trak Promo for the entire year.

[ Back to Top ]

· I know someone that wants to sponsor this. How do they go about this?
Call (440) 461-4858 and we’ll be glad to explain our sponsorship positions to them.

[ Back to Top ]

· I know of a great place to have a 6 Hours of ATV America event. How can we make this happen?
Call (440) 461-4858. We would like to learn more about what you have in mind.

[ Back to Top ]

Kilabanshee
02-25-2004, 05:24 PM
Ill be at the d6 races thanks for the info!

blaster2000
03-05-2004, 10:32 AM
J. who are you having on your team for this me and exkid joe are tryin to make one up but need one more
later, Rob

Tina
03-18-2004, 02:02 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid108/p2f066614eb00467e2113b2d25eb18695/f94daae6.jpg

Tina
03-18-2004, 02:09 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid108/p2f066614eb00467e2113b2d25eb18695/f94daae6.jpg.orig.jpg

Link to full size picture.

The picture at the bottom is from EXRIDERS member "Fred", and was taken at the 12 Hour race last year in Iowa. I love that picture! (Thanks Fred!) Wouldn't it make a great poster?

kickin kfx 400
04-12-2004, 07:09 PM
for the 6 hours of atv america How old do you have to be? Is this a pro event or is it basically anyone who wants to come out and race? Lastly what type of setup would i run? and all around setup or mx or xc???