PDA

View Full Version : Haspin Acres Racing Dates!

Pages : [1] 2

250EXstud
01-22-2004, 07:52 PM
Mark you calenders!

THIS IS A TENATIVE SCHEDULE FOR 2004! SOME CHANGES MAY OCCUR. Hare Scramble Dates
March 28
April 25
May 23
June 6
July 18
August 1
August 15
August 29
September 12
October 3

Halloween 100 Team Race
November 6th - Quad Team (and Individual)
November 7th - Bike Team (and Individual)

Bike Classes
Pro AA Bikes*
Bike 231 & above (open)
Bike 230cc & down
Vet 30+ Bikes

Quad Classes
Pro AA Quad*
2 & 4 stroke A
2& 4 stroke B
Sport / Utility / Novice**

gncc400exxx
01-22-2004, 07:56 PM
thanks for the info

jesshamner
01-24-2004, 12:48 PM
Are you guys racing the whole season? What class do you run? I ran the B class in one race and didn't make it up there for anymore. :( I did run the Halloween 100. That race was fun.

brian-250
01-24-2004, 04:33 PM
opps gave my buddy the wrong dates!lol,ill be there sport utilty class,*** whoopin time!:D :) :macho

Lil - Braff
01-24-2004, 06:48 PM
I'll be at all of them that I can make and afford. I'll be running in the sport/ute class. See yall there!! :blah:

brian-250
01-24-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Lil - Braff
I'll be at all of them that I can make and afford. I'll be running in the sport/ute class. See yall there!! :blah:

you better have one badazz 300!:D mines getin better as soon as the big brown truck comes:D

Lil - Braff
01-24-2004, 08:17 PM
I'd say mine is pretty badazz! It's Traci's old bike. What all will be coming for yours in the big brown truck?

brian-250
01-24-2004, 08:31 PM
ill make sure i line up right be side you:D

matt400ex
01-25-2004, 02:21 PM
Do you guys know if they run a motocross series at Haspin. I've been checking their website and haven't found any dates for MX yet. Anybody know?

jesshamner
01-25-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by brian-250
you better have one badazz 300!:D mines getin better as soon as the big brown truck comes:D

Her machine has a few goodies on it. Go ahead and line up right next to her!:D

remlapr
01-25-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by jesshamner
Her machine has a few goodies on it. Go ahead and line up right next to her!:D

Yeah, it's pretty much stock - you'll be fine LOL....

brian-250
01-25-2004, 04:13 PM
im gonna put a pink fox stiker on the back of mine just for her:D

honda250xrider
01-25-2004, 04:33 PM
matt400ex

they ran motocross series last season but i don't think the dates are up yet for the mx schedule

1rancher
01-25-2004, 05:04 PM
I have a feeling her stock 300 will be in front some, this year

Lil - Braff
01-25-2004, 05:33 PM
im gonna put a pink fox stiker on the back of mine just for her:D

Why put it on the back?? I won't see it there!! But it in the front b/c I would see it alot mroe than if it was in the back!!

matt400ex-I am almost for sure that they do run a MX series at haspin. If the dates arent posted yet then they should be soon.

~Kyrie~

jesshamner
01-25-2004, 07:12 PM
Don't get beat by a girl brian-250!:blah: She's good!

300XFST4602
01-26-2004, 03:52 PM
I will be racing MX at Haspin , i wonder if the HArescramble races are the same date?

jesshamner
01-26-2004, 03:55 PM
I can't believe they have races on that track. It is in pretty rough shape every time I go there.

brian-250
01-26-2004, 07:53 PM
hey lil-braff your pm box is full,and know i wont bring it out here!

jesshamner
01-26-2004, 07:56 PM
Whats the matter brian? Don't want anyone else to see your smack talking?:macho :blah:

brian-250
01-26-2004, 08:00 PM
[B smack talking?:macho :blah: [/B]

who said that (looking roud):D :macho

Lil - Braff
01-26-2004, 08:06 PM
Common BRIAN! bring it out HERE!! What are you too skeered to talk smack out here??

They actually have races on the mx track at haspin!?!? wow!

honda250xrider
01-26-2004, 08:07 PM
beleive it or not they do have races on the mx track, although its ruffer than chit to ride on, i'd think with the money they get they could at least maintain it better than what they do.

brian-250
01-26-2004, 08:08 PM
i saw your dad brosing:D :eek: how bout that name?

Lil - Braff
01-26-2004, 08:18 PM
dude... what the he11 is that supposed to mean!?!

Lil - Braff
01-26-2004, 09:13 PM
Oh okay.. so from your PM I gathered that you didnt want to post any more smack talking b/c my dad was around!?!? hmm.... weird. (sry dude i just had to)

:devil:

remlapr
01-27-2004, 09:57 AM
Brian-250, you better be nice to lil :mad:

bradley300
01-27-2004, 10:11 AM

:devil: so can i come then!:devil: :macho

be nice to lil, her dad has guns!

250EXstud
01-27-2004, 10:37 AM
I will be at all of them running A class.

Lil - Braff
01-27-2004, 01:44 PM
be nice to lil, her dad has guns! [/B]

LMAO!!

250exstud-did you race at haspin last year?

01-27-2004, 01:57 PM
I'd like to hit a MX race up there one time this year. Heck I'd just like to make it up there 1 time this year..LOL

The big MX track is were I learned all my MX skills...:o

bradley300
01-27-2004, 10:42 PM
pick a weekend rico, we'll take the blasturd up there and beat the he!! out of it:devil:

david kelsch
01-28-2004, 07:12 AM
The race promotor for motorcross at Haspin Acres is Jim Fleeman at Miamitown Cycles in Miamitown, Ohio. His phone number is 513/353/3555, I'm sure he could give you dates for the races.

The race promotor for harescrambles at Haspin Acres is Danny and Becky Mullins and their home phone is 765/698/2800. Their schedule is out. I am the MC for these races and can answer questions as well. Danny was the vet class GNCC points champ two years ago and can lay out a scramble as well as he can ride.

They usually wait until the day before a motorcross to maintenance the track for a race. I've volunteered many hours running the disc and water truck just to have a good track to pratice on. Its an open amatuer track set up mostly for people to play on. So by the end of the weekend you cant tell anyone did a thing for the track. Rico, or any other EXRIDERS from afar you come down I'll be sure to try and get the track maintenanced just let me know. Ill fill in the rest of my info on rider profile so I can be get PM

01-28-2004, 08:11 AM
MIght head up there in mid Feb. I'll let ya know ahead of time. Might get a few others off the page to meet up and just make a big pow wow out of it..:D

david kelsch
01-28-2004, 08:49 AM
If its still freezing temps the disc won't break up the dirt. The bulldozer don't go in the cold, come to think of it, it doesn't like to go when its gets hot either, its only 50+ years old.

We'll just have to keep an eye on the weather.

Ill look forward to showin' off my 400EX. I didn't plan on doing as many mods as I have this winter. This website inspired me!!!!

Here's a sentence you want to avoid around my house. "I was on the EXRIDERS.COM website today and ......". Instant doghouse material.

01-28-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by david kelsch

Here's a sentence you want to avoid around my house. "I was on the EXRIDERS.COM website today and ......". Instant doghouse material.

LMFAO

I know the feeling all to welll....:D

remlapr
01-28-2004, 04:41 PM
The race promotor for motorcross at Haspin Acres is Jim Fleeman at Miamitown Cycles in Miamitown, Ohio. His phone number is 513/353/3555, I'm sure he could give you dates for the races.

The race promotor for harescrambles at Haspin Acres is Danny and Becky Mullins and their home phone is 765/698/2800. Their schedule is out. I am the MC for these races and can answer questions as well. Danny was the vet class GNCC points champ two years ago and can lay out a scramble as well as he can ride.

They usually wait until the day before a motorcross to maintenance the track for a race. I've volunteered many hours running the disc and water truck just to have a good track to pratice on. Its an open amatuer track set up mostly for people to play on. So by the end of the weekend you cant tell anyone did a thing for the track. Rico, or any other EXRIDERS from afar you come down I'll be sure to try and get the track maintenanced just let me know. Ill fill in the rest of my info on rider profile so I can be get PM

David - I raced XC up there last year a couple of time and talked to Becky a couple of times - she's great. My biggest complaint about the harescrambles up there are the fact that the course is open to play riding during the race and that the course isn't marked well enough. I got off course several times and stuck behind people that were just joy riding on the course and wouldn't get out of the way several times. Nothing like sitting there at a dead stop waiting for a rail buggie to get out of the middle of the course in the middle of a race :rolleyes:

BTW - do you have Becky's e-mail address?

250EXstud
01-28-2004, 07:19 PM
I think her the website www.haspinacres.com

Braff1
01-29-2004, 12:23 AM
My biggest complaint about the harescrambles up there are the fact that the course is open to play riding during the race and that the course isn't marked well enough. I got off course several times and stuck behind people that were just joy riding on the course and wouldn't get out of the way several times. Nothing like sitting there at a dead stop waiting for a rail buggie to get out of the middle of the course in the middle of a race :rolleyes:

BTW - do you have Becky's e-mail address? [/QUOTE]

I hear you on that one. I think that they should let the riders know when they come in the main gate to register that there is a hare scramble at X time and if not racing to please stay off the coarse. the last race there I meet a Rubicon at the peak of a hill climb and side swiped each other. I told him he was going the wrong way on a race coarse and he had no idea what I was talking about. I also agree that with all the trails around Haspin the coarse needs to be more clearly marked, alot are up for guessing.

david kelsch
01-29-2004, 06:38 AM
Yeah we try and address these issues and others every race. Becky does post signs at the entrance and on the track.

I will talk with Pete and Flo (the Haspin Acres managers) and see what we do as far as notification in the office and directly to all recreation riders on race days.

We use more arrows than a typical track now. What we run in to is there are so many trails going in every direction it helps confuse riders. Ill ask Danny to put up even more. Last season Danny had to start early in the week marking the track a few hours a day. He would get finished just in time. The arrows tend to age, get soft, and some fall off by the weekend. I hope these aren't excuses to you all. Just trying to let you know that there are bigger issues than stapeling up a couple packs of arrows and calling it a race. We do go around in the mornings and remark.

What we need, ALWAYS, is some more volunteers to help remark and other piddley chores that wouldn't take long if we had a lot of help.

We are working on finding a local place suitable to harescramble with no recreation riders and fresh trails. We have a place in mind big enough for a GNCC. I doubt it works out this year though.

Quetions about Harescrambles can be emailed to Danny and Becky Mullins at Mullins55@peoplepc.com or PM me.

Despite Haspins inconveniences I can't wait to get started. Its as tough a track youll find and there are a lot of national riders that come and make it very competative. We have good looking plaques made by the same people that do the GNCC and then theres the cash payouts in the Pro class.

Hope to see you soon. Let me know your an EXRIDER member when your there. Thanks.

krismon
01-29-2004, 07:44 AM
I was THINKING about racing some myself! Lil, I'd be in ur class! That would be fun (I GUESS) LOL! It's about a 3 1/2 hr drive for me though! :( So we'll see! Long haul for a Sunday! FOR SURE will do the Halloween Team race though! Lil.... u my partner??? Gurlz Rule ;) I didn't know that about the peeps trail riding during the race though! That would SUCK! :grr:

01-29-2004, 08:02 AM
I think when you have a sheduled race date, only quads are aloud to ride that day. PERIOD

No bikes either. You guys make the rules if those people don't like it, tell em ta piss off, its your way or the highway. Safety should be looked a first not how much money that can be made.

Letting a drunk in a rail buggy rip around while a race is going on is just begging for death. :(

300XFST4602
01-29-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Rico
I think when you have a sheduled race date, only quads are aloud to ride that day. PERIOD

No bikes either. You guys make the rules if those people don't like it, tell em ta piss off, its your way or the highway. Safety should be looked a first not how much money that can be made.

Letting a drunk in a rail buggy rip around while a race is going on is just begging for death. :(

Well said , hey i willl run up whenever you guys decide to run up there for a exriders get together or whatever.. Other than district racing i am going to try and get up there to get a couple races in.. Ryan

1rancher
01-29-2004, 08:49 AM
that would rock quads only day but they have bike races in the moring so it would have to be bike and quad day and if you were caught in the woods on a bike during the quad race or visversa(sp) you are kicked out, I have meet several people that dont race up there because there are so many other idiots up there flying around and they dont care, at the buddy race I got behind grandpa Joe on a poloaris and he could not hear and I am yelling and I am loud person and he just keep going and would not move, on the date of the buddy race I do rember seeing 2 or 3 sign that said the track was closed due to the race, but the track was 8 miles long and there were 3 signs, they should have a banner or something up by the gate but I love the idea of bikes only in the morning and guads in the afternoon and then after the race its open to any one. Just move the quad race back a little bit to have time for people to preride if they want.

david kelsch
01-29-2004, 12:25 PM
We do have bikes in the AM and Quads in the PM now.

I lobbied for seperate days, but it wasn't meant to be for this year.

I don't blame anyone for worrying about haspins danger of track interference. I also think that it isn't a whole lot worse at GNCC races. Most races there are spectators walking on the track, course workers on dirtbike getting stuck, and cars and trucks with trailer moving around in the pits. At least at Haspins you can go around.

david kelsch
01-29-2004, 02:12 PM
What I meant was that the GNCC are Better but still have their share of problems. I am not saying we are as safe. Tech inspections, dedicated facilities, and lots of course workers make these events a lot safer than ours.

At most of the GNCC's I've ran in there have been people walking on the track, course workers stuck on dirtbikes, and cars and trucks with trailers blocking the pit areas. There is also always a bottle neck or two. This years Iron man is a perfect example. Those of us that sat in the 20 min bottleneck on the last lap a couple miles from the end feel like we got screwed. There were 20 to 30 people that finished the race on a different track and screwed up the overalls. Some complained and got their finish back, but most just said "thats racing" and moved on. As I said there is always a way around at Haspins.

Each year at Haspins the interference gets better, as people get used to the event and schedule it should continue to improve.
The rails don't run on our track, they just cross. Where our courses are layed out they can only cross, even then its at a crawl.

Kristal, if that invitation was for me and your fast Im in for this Halloween 100. Last years partner didn't work out too well. Its a long story that included the fact I didn't even get to run a lap.

Braff1
01-29-2004, 03:02 PM
david kelsch, I know what you mean about the Crawfordsville race. I busted my but to work my way up front only to get stuck at the mouth of the valley of bottleneck. To be in a position that people just cruise on around you and you have no where to go does leave a bad feeling. That last 3 miles turned into a spring to the finish.

The thing I would like to see is that when riders register the staff let riders know that there is a race and to stay off the marked coarse. Many people like to get on the coarse and play race never realizing that there are people really racing on it.

brian-250
01-29-2004, 03:08 PM
yea i just ran a lap round the track i dont think it was marked for shut!and any trails crossing the track should be blocked!this guy pulled out in front of me and i slid into a tree!:grr: thing is he stoped in the middle of the track WTF, just MO:macho btw im 13 can i race dave??:confused:

remlapr
01-29-2004, 04:33 PM
Dave, actually - during the Halloween race me and three other racers were stuck at the bottom of a hill that a buggie was trying to climb and got stuck on - and the hill was the course. Unless it's too narrow the buggies go where the want. And that was the only clear line up the hill.

I'm sorry - I don't mean to bash you or anyone else. It's better then no harescramble series at all around here and the turnout is pretty good for a local race from what I've seen and heard. I just think there is room to make it better. Maybe you guys could start wrapping yellow tape around trees to block off the wrong way to go at spots where it splits and it's easy to get off course.

As far as other people play riding on the course during the race, I agree with Braff that making SURE that people are at least aware that there is a race going on that day could probably go a long way...

Lil - Braff
01-29-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by krismon
I was THINKING about racing some myself! Lil, I'd be in ur class! That would be fun (I GUESS) LOL! It's about a 3 1/2 hr drive for me though! :( So we'll see! Long haul for a Sunday! FOR SURE will do the Halloween Team race though! Lil.... u my partner??? Gurlz Rule ;) I didn't know that about the peeps trail riding during the race though! That would SUCK! :grr:

He11 yea!!!!! LOL! So whos bike we gonna use?

dave- there is no specific age limit right? just double checking!!!

250EXstud
01-29-2004, 08:21 PM
well i am not dave but i am 99.9% sure there is know age limit. There was none last year becuase at one race a 8 or 10 year old ran.

Lil - Braff
01-29-2004, 08:45 PM
Yea I didn't think there was, but I just wanted to double check. Thank ya!

david kelsch
01-30-2004, 09:15 AM
Lil Braff
We are not a sanctioned event so there is no age limit. If its alright with your parent or gaurdian than Im sure becky would let you in the race. No offense meant, Just be sure you can make it around the track competatively. If not be sure to stay out of the way. Sound like there is plenty of course interference as it is.

:o Kristal, I was wrong about that invitation, he say embarrassed. Oh well there is plenty of time to find a partner for next year. With all the "lol" and other abreviations I get confused about what they mean and whos talking to whom. I guess Im old and out o' touch. I there a list somewhere that tells us morons what all that means?

Fellow racers
I don't consider any comments so far bashing. Its all gooood. In my responses I wanted to be sure to represent the other side of the situation. I don't want to discourage any racers without them forming their own opinions about the event. The majority of racers never have a problem.

I've already talked to Haspins. Large official signs, verbal communication to each entrant on race days, and punishment for obstruction course are all goals we have set. Nothing confirmed yet but Its a great start. KEEP UP THE INPUT.

brian-250
01-31-2004, 06:24 PM
{ No offense meant, Just be sure you can make it around the track competatively. If not be sure to stay out of the way. Sound like there is plenty of course interference as it is.}

i think i speak for all young kids runnin when i say,i can run just as fast as you,age dosent matter its all about what you know and how good you are,but thanks for clearing the age limit up ill be at the first one nomatter what
;)

krismon
02-02-2004, 07:02 AM
He11 yea!!!!! LOL! So whos bike we gonna use? OH, ONE bike per team hugh? Not each of us on our own?!?!? Hmmmm.... We'd BOTH be comfortable on mine... I THINK! Since u DID ride a polock :( Although, you KNOW I'd Love to ride yours ;) LOL! Sure would hate to tear up someone elses ride though?!?!? We'll have to think about that one?!?!?

Kristal, I was wrong about that invitation
No biggie! I'm honored ud have me as a partner ;) maybe next time! This time I think us girls outta stick together :D

Braff1
02-02-2004, 08:57 AM
Kristal, you each can ride your own quad during the buddy race or you can both ride the same quad. the choice is yours.

I think you would like Lils once you got some seat time on it. It was made for a girl you know.

Braff1
02-02-2004, 09:08 AM
Kristal, you each can ride your own quad during the buddy race or you can both ride the same quad. the choice is yours.

I think you would like Lils once you got some seat time on it. It was made for a girl you know.

bone705
02-02-2004, 10:48 AM
do u have be a member of anything to race the harescrambles? what if your parents dont go, is there somthing to do to get around that?

david kelsch
02-02-2004, 11:41 AM
No memberships required to race at Haspins

You must pay to enter park. Without a parent present it can be a pain for a minor because you must have a legal waiver form. Anyone under 18 can't sign a form like that for themselves.

See www.motocrosspark.com for more info on that.

Im glad our young riders have so much confidence. I hope he was wrong about keeping up with me. I guess well find out. Ill be #472 on a yellow Honda 400e, Ill be seein ya.

Lil - Braff
02-02-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by krismon
[B]OH, ONE bike per team hugh? Not each of us on our own?!?!? Hmmmm.... We'd BOTH be comfortable on mine... I THINK! Since u DID ride a polock :( Although, you KNOW I'd Love to ride yours ;) LOL! Sure would hate to tear up someone elses ride though?!?!? We'll have to think about that one?!?!?

OH YEA!! You can use 2 diff. bikes!! Forgot about that. (Blonde moment! :rolleyes: ) So Kris... Are you gonna be at the first haspin race for this season? It's March 28!!

remlapr
02-02-2004, 03:07 PM
Hey David - how about the mud pit that we park in? Any chance of getting some gravel put down? Having to unload/load and change standing in a foot of mud is pretty miserable.

david kelsch
02-03-2004, 06:37 AM
:mad: The parking area is the thing I consider the worst about the Haspin Hare Scramble series. Yes, there needs to be something done about it. I've taken company equipment up there and trashed it with mud. Got in trouble for it once. They have backed off letting me use their stuff. Its a dang blab shame.

That area would suck up gravel like it was quick sand. Don't know if theres enough gravel in Franklin county to fix it. I think this past year we just had bad luck with the rains. If it doesn't rain the day before that area is just ok, but workable. We used to start back at the end of the drag strip which was better for the racers to start on grass.

I like the idea of using the motorcross track in our races and that parking and bleacher area. Danny has a hard time coming up with good transition points on and off the track and so far has only started there once.

I'll forward these comments on to him and see what we can get done.

For now think dry, think dry, think dry.

Braff1
02-03-2004, 07:34 AM
one suggestion is not to disc up the parking area before the race. The disc opens the ground and the rains runs down the 4" opening and loosen the soil up from underneath. don't know if this will help, just my observation.

250EXstud
02-03-2004, 07:56 AM
That would be awseome if we could park by the motocross track and race on it too.

250EXstud
02-03-2004, 08:04 AM
Well after thinking parking is going to be just as bad there

david kelsch
02-03-2004, 08:35 AM
Ok, I hear ya on the discing the lot. The Haspin staff usually does that and then we try and take care of the starting area. I'm gonna talk to Pete again this weekend and Ill get his feelings on this. If ya know Pete, You know what Im up against. He was going to talk with the owners about signage, education, and penalties for the scramble series and well cover that too.

The parking area torward the motocross track had traditionally been better than our starting area. Yes mud is still a problem but you only sink 6 inches instead of a foot. Theres more gravel over there.

The season before last we only had two races with nasty foot deep mud. It was the opposite of this past year. We had to water using the giant Euclid most of the time. So its not always bad.

Think Dry, dry, dry.

Then again if the parking lots muddy, its usually pretty awesome back in the woods. Dry dusty parking lot means dusty trails and that can suck too.

So just think Dry.

bradley300
02-03-2004, 08:39 AM
let it rain! the holloween race was a blast. bring on the mud!

david kelsch
02-03-2004, 08:43 AM
Now thats a fresh view point.

Many racers did love these mud fest It allowed for the smarter rider who was more prepared to really shine. As long as it didn't keep raining the track would clear off pretty quick. Then just the gulley crossings and slick up hills were the real challenge.

I vote dry.

1rancher
02-03-2004, 08:56 AM
I loved the mud last year!! we won the buddy race in the sport ute class by 2 laps b/c of that mess. This year I am on a cannondale and prob going to hate the mud. I cant rember where this was but I can rember that some where they used wood chips to help soak up water, it was all mixed in. I kinda like the idea of part near the motocross track its more on top of that muddy area, plus that give people that come to watch the race a little more then 2 seconds to see you go into the scores tent.

bradley300
02-03-2004, 08:59 AM
two words steve: TRACTION MAP

you'll love the mud again!

yeah, the mud does favor the smarter racer, but somehow i still do better in it, so bring it!

david kelsch
02-03-2004, 09:32 AM
The motocross is almost a mile long. Its not so tough that a good woods rider would have any problems running hard on it. I have always lobbied for starting races over there. Its something I will continue to push for again this year. I agree about the spectators seeing the race. Plus if its a tight race it provides a chance for an all out run for the finish. Not the single track woods course, plus people can see any last minute challenges for the lead before they get to the flag.

I know in my case I often benefit from luck as opposed to skill and intelligence. The plaques on my wall don't tell, most the time I don't either.

bradley300
02-03-2004, 09:50 AM
i also think the mx portion would be a fun idea

jesshamner
02-03-2004, 12:28 PM
I think using the mx track in genius. There seems to be quite a few spectators so that would benefit them and the jumps would make for some fun racing and spectating. Parking on top of the hill is definitely an advantage to the normal parking area. I'm starting to get anxious to race again.

Lil - Braff
02-03-2004, 02:09 PM
I think the MX track would be fun to race an XC race on but wouldnt it be a problem if there are people not racing but just riding the tracK?

250EXstud
02-03-2004, 07:32 PM
People would need to stay off the track but that would be awsome and great for spectaters.

brian-250
02-03-2004, 07:48 PM
I think the MX track would be fun to race an XC race on but wouldnt it be a problem if there are people not racing but just riding the tracK?

youre fogeting the utilites!:grr: :grr: :grr: :rolleyes: you got a pm

bradley300
02-03-2004, 08:26 PM
do you think the utes avoid mx tracks at the gncc's?

indygncc
02-03-2004, 08:34 PM
David- Definately tell Danny and Becky to try to start us on the MX this season. Allows it to be more spread out funnleing into the woods. Also allows some time to make up for a bad holeshot rather than getting stuck behind someone immediately in the woods.

david kelsch
02-04-2004, 06:25 AM
Traffic wasn't a problem in the previous uses of the motocross track. Its so wide and since it's up front people cooperated more.

That track is almost a TT track so UTES shouldn't kill themselves making it around.

You don't have to clear the 50 foot table top to a no-handed landing like some of us can.:blah:

1rancher
02-04-2004, 08:24 AM
I love the idea of the MX track are you talking baout the one at the bottem of the hill as you come in or the one just down from the gate house??

There are going to be races in Bedford IN this year, I will post all th details and dates when we get them the track if awsome but it is the first time races are being run up there so it will need work after the first on, this track should have about 7-8 miles in the woods and then you run a full mx track in the middle of the woods race it will be fun. The guy that is putting it on is super nice and races at Haspin. I wil post more as I get I think the first race is going to be somewhere around March 14 if that is a weekend, he is going to run bikes and quads on Sunday and Trucks and buggies on Saturday, these class are all run at different times do dont worry about racing with huge trucks and such, they have 2 woods tracks to run, the quad track is tight, it will be a blast, I think its going to be 30 to race and that includes the gate fee.

david kelsch
02-04-2004, 08:53 AM
The 1st track you see coming up the road to enter haspins, on the left, is the little race track.

The big track is on through the gate in the middle of the facility. This is the one we are going to use. There are two shelter houses by it.

Love to hear of another semi local place to race. Keep up the info.

Keep up the input on Haspins races.

bradley300
02-04-2004, 08:57 AM
do what you want, i'll be there either way. i liked the track alot and it makes great practice for gncc's

cliq20
02-04-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by 1rancher
I love the idea of the MX track are you talking baout the one at the bottem of the hill as you come in or the one just down from the gate house??

There are going to be races in Bedford IN this year, I will post all th details and dates when we get them the track if awsome but it is the first time races are being run up there so it will need work after the first on, this track should have about 7-8 miles in the woods and then you run a full mx track in the middle of the woods race it will be fun. The guy that is putting it on is super nice and races at Haspin. I wil post more as I get I think the first race is going to be somewhere around March 14 if that is a weekend, he is going to run bikes and quads on Sunday and Trucks and buggies on Saturday, these class are all run at different times do dont worry about racing with huge trucks and such, they have 2 woods tracks to run, the quad track is tight, it will be a blast, I think its going to be 30 to race and that includes the gate fee.

do you mean at buddha? i'm ready. i'll race anytime of year there. also, i could have a race or two at my place. let me know if i can help. i live about 5 miles from buddha and my riding area is between me and there. i hope to get to haspin a few times too. pm me and let me know who you are...

bone705
02-04-2004, 08:20 PM
is the haspin a dead start race? how long does it usually take to run? how many people do u usually race against?

1rancher
02-04-2004, 10:10 PM
I come form Lousiville and I got to Seymore and over on 50 to Bedford and just before you get to Bedford, Take a Left onto Tunleton(sp?) road there is a Golf Course there on teh left as you are going down the road they have raced buggies there for about 2 years.

david kelsch
02-05-2004, 09:19 AM
Haspin races are dead engine starts, We put a flagger out front and yell 10 sec. aprox 10 sec later the flag goes up and a class starts. We ask other classes to shut down their motors with the universal kill sign. Then repeat the process for each row, class, until everyone is racing.

The races tend to run about 2 hrs. A little under for the Pro classes a little over for the sport-utility-novice classes

The Halloween 100 race is an all day sucker, most have partners though. There is an IRONMAN class for individuals to run by themselves.

Depending on the day of course attendance is:
Pros would average I'd say 10.
both A & b classes are about double that at 20 or more
Sport-utility-novice generally has under 10. We have had up to 30 or so in some classes. I think we have at least 70 to 80 riders per normal race. The Halloween race draws several hundred racers.

As far as the place in Beford I can't think of a better use of a golf course.

Braff1
02-05-2004, 10:58 AM
Has anyone considered running a C class for those of beginner or not as experienced?

david kelsch
02-09-2004, 07:59 AM
We consider the sport-utility-novice class the C class at Haspins.

If there are enough riders we can spontaneously break out a new class, no problem.

250EXstud
02-09-2004, 08:37 AM
Hey david any news yet on where we will be parking?

400exmom
02-09-2004, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
do what you want, i'll be there either way. i liked the track alot and it makes great practice for gncc's i wanna hit one of these with you bradly:D

bradley300
02-09-2004, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by 400exmom
i wanna hit one of these with you bradly:D

see you there cupcake;) just dont pass me on the mx track!

1rancher
02-09-2004, 09:18 AM
get er done

I like 250ex question, when will we know if they are using the MX track and can we park up there??

david kelsch
02-09-2004, 09:42 AM
Nothing yet. When I get back from the American Honda Plant in Irving Texas , next monday the 16th, I'll follow up on parking and the other issues and post it. Last I talked with them they were pretty receptive to all the suggestions. Just nothing final yet.

bradley300
02-09-2004, 09:50 AM
its nice to have them listening, sometimes a series gets so big, that opinions can sometimes go unheard

1rancher
02-09-2004, 10:21 AM
thanks for listing it sounds like its going to be a ton of fun this year

jesshamner
02-09-2004, 03:19 PM
All this talk about racing has got me pumped! I can't wait.:blah:

brian-250
02-09-2004, 03:46 PM
ill be tappin my feet for 2 months

rowlrag
02-09-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Rico
LMFAO

I know the feeling all to welll....:D
Yer not 50 bonehead:devil:

rowlrag
02-09-2004, 05:50 PM
Jeff and I and a few others here will make it to a couple atleast this year, I haven't had a problem with the course, it is fun when it's dry but personal prefference=muddier the better:D Oh the gate fee plus race fee does add up.
250exstud, wanna race?;)

brian-250
02-09-2004, 06:10 PM
ill race my 400 if wanted:D

250EXstud
02-09-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by rowlrag
Jeff and I and a few others here will make it to a couple atleast this year, I haven't had a problem with the course, it is fun when it's dry but personal prefference=muddier the better:D Oh the gate fee plus race fee does add up.
250exstud, wanna race?;)

My shocks come in this week and i will be ready to pass out some woopins:p. I with Jess, i got the fever and can't wait.

250EXstud
02-09-2004, 07:42 PM
haha hey rowlrag didn't you get stuck last year and i passed you on the 250? It was someone on a dale. But i am thinkin it was yours!:blah: :D

rowlrag
02-09-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by 250EXstud
haha hey rowlrag didn't you get stuck last year and i passed you on the 250? It was someone on a dale. But i am thinkin it was yours!:blah: :D
No I overalled the last one.:D

bradley300
02-09-2004, 08:13 PM
hey brian-250, what are you racing and what class? just wondering
and do you plan on racing the whole serires, including the halloween race?

CatMostFeared
02-10-2004, 01:46 AM
:blah:

bradley300
02-10-2004, 09:32 AM
so you comin to show us how its done marty?

brian-250
02-10-2004, 01:49 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bradley300
hey brian-250, what are you racing and what class? just wondering
and do you plan on racing the whole serires, including the halloween race? [/QUOT

what ever i feel like,ill be the red recon with a big gun pipe youll see me:D sport/utilty prolly

bradley300
02-10-2004, 10:14 PM
good, thats the same class i'm running on the 350:devil:

brian-250
02-11-2004, 04:17 PM
:eek2: :eek: ohh chit!!!!!!!!!!!

bradley300
02-11-2004, 08:22 PM
if ya want, i'll take it easy on ya and bring the blaster lol

Lil - Braff
02-11-2004, 08:44 PM
Yea...Bradley run the blaster! LOL!

bradley300
02-11-2004, 08:48 PM
how bout i run your quad, and you run the blaster?

Lil - Braff
02-11-2004, 09:29 PM
LOL! Um....how about NOT!! LOL! J/P But you can ride it if ya want!

1rancher
02-11-2004, 11:28 PM
that quad is just brads size

CatMostFeared
02-12-2004, 03:38 AM
so you comin to show us how its done marty?

I show you how to paint your a-arms

cliq20
02-12-2004, 05:01 AM
from the looks of this thread, there's going to be much racing at haspin this year. hope to see you there at a few of them!

brian-250
02-12-2004, 01:47 PM
if ya want, i'll take it easy on ya and bring the blaster lol

im a blaster passer:blah: :macho

remlapr
02-12-2004, 04:20 PM
Bradley and Lil - you guys need to line your 300's up and see who wins in a drag, it would be interesting to see. My money is on Lil :eek:

Lil - Braff
02-12-2004, 08:59 PM
Alright Ryan!! Bradley you up for it? But I say that we get Brian 250 in this lil drag b/c he thinks that he is THE poo and can beat anyone. So I say Brian is in it. Can you handle it Brian?

1rancher
02-12-2004, 09:08 PM
Man being called out by a girl??

bradley300
02-12-2004, 11:47 PM
steve, i'll let lil call him out, he dont want me to:devil:

and not to brag remlapr, but money is on my bike, i had the same motor lil does, and it didnt fell near as fast as this one

Lil - Braff
02-13-2004, 10:05 AM
steve, i'll let lil call him out, he dont want me to:devil:

and not to brag remlapr, but money is on my bike, i had the same motor lil does, and it didnt fell near as fast as this one

Do you got a 330 in yours also? And yours might feel faster but it's just b/c mine has been rode harder and longer. :p

So Brian.....wanna race? :macho :blah: :D

bradley300
02-13-2004, 10:28 AM
lil, mine is a 350 right now, the motor i bought from rick (tc 330) i had bored to a 350 and ported:devil:

brian-250
02-13-2004, 11:06 AM
Do you got a 330 in yours also? And yours might feel faster but it's just b/c mine has been rode harder and longer. :p

So Brian.....wanna race? :macho :blah: :D

no DRAGS for me:D im a woods racer,the 400 on the other hand:rolleyes: :D

Lil - Braff
02-13-2004, 12:34 PM
no DRAGS for me:D im a woods racer,the 400 on the other hand:rolleyes: :D

Alright Brian, so a woods race it is!

Well bradley maybe that is why yours has a lil bit more power than mine? LOL! Or maybe it's just the purple a-arms! :blah:

brian-250
02-13-2004, 12:39 PM
it the rider not the quad,i out ran a stock blaster before:D bring the blaster brad:devil:

bradley300
02-13-2004, 08:13 PM
how bout you bring your 4hunny and i'll bring the 350 and we can see whos talking smack at the finish line?

i also wouldnt mind drag racing your 400 w/ the ole 350, i'd like to see what it can do

Braff1
02-13-2004, 09:43 PM
sounds like a pink dress triple dog dare time fellas

bradley300
02-13-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Braff1
that was my next thought dan:devil:

Lil - Braff
02-14-2004, 09:59 PM
Well Remmy...me and Brad dragged today and..... he beat me. :( But it really was NOT by that much!

Uh-oh....Brian got the pink dress triple dog dare called on him!! :eek2:

brian-250
02-15-2004, 07:08 AM
Well Remmy...me and Brad dragged today and..... he beat me. :( But it really was NOT by that much!

Uh-oh....Brian got the pink dress triple dog dare called on him!! :eek2:

going to get parts fer the 400 today,maby ill have it ready:devil: ill hand brads arse to him,or vise versa:D

bradley300
02-15-2004, 09:09 AM
can you race in my class on a 400ex? wanna up it one more? assuming we are in the same class, if i not only beat you, but win the class points, you wear a pink bra to match your skirt at the halloween race:devil:

i'll even be your partner at the halloween race just to make sure you wear the whole getup:devil:

brian-250
02-15-2004, 09:20 AM
drag race:rolleyes: idgit:D

bradley300
02-15-2004, 09:21 AM
i dont think you want to do that

rowlrag
02-15-2004, 11:13 AM
Bradley is partial to purple BRAFF.:eek:

Braff1
02-15-2004, 12:14 PM
Brad's 300 is the pimp mobil of the GNCC

brian-250
02-15-2004, 12:24 PM
i dont think you want to do that

aint skeered a some 350,:rolleyes: :macho

bradley300
02-15-2004, 02:01 PM
time will tell youngin'

brian-250
02-15-2004, 02:05 PM
bring it!:blah: :macho

bradley300
02-15-2004, 02:12 PM

oh yeah, whats your waist size? i need to find you a skirt

brian-250
02-15-2004, 02:19 PM
i need to know yers:D

bradley300
02-15-2004, 06:38 PM
tell ya what, if i get beat by a 13 year old school boy in a xc series, i'll buy my own skirt

brian-250
02-15-2004, 07:07 PM
better get your wallet out:blah: mizz,bradly:blah:

bradley300
02-15-2004, 07:26 PM
lmgdao!

Lil - Braff
02-15-2004, 08:35 PM
Brad's 300 is the pimp mobil of the GNCC

LOL! That is for sure!

So Brian what kind of designs do you want on your pink dress? Flowers? Or Butterflies?

bone705
02-15-2004, 08:53 PM
is a tether kill switch required?

Lil - Braff
02-15-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by bone705
is a tether kill switch required?

Nope, don't think so any way.

bradley300
02-15-2004, 09:13 PM
ther wasnt ant tech inspection when i was there, so i think you'd be alright w/ out one

exrider416
02-15-2004, 09:49 PM
can you run a 400ex in sport/utility class

Lil - Braff
02-15-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by exrider416

Nope.

bradley300
02-15-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by exrider416

sport is warriors and smaller, but if i'm not mistaken, that is also the first year class, so you could if its your first year of racing

david kelsch
02-16-2004, 06:51 AM
Im back. It snowed in Texas the whole time I was there and the temperature was 35. Unbeleivable

Anwers to questions about Haspin Races:

No kill switch required

If you have never raced at all Becky would let a true novice ride a 400ex in the sport-utility-novice class.

Just be fair about what class you enter. No guts No real glory. Only posers.

I need a couple days to catch up with my job and family life. Torward the end of the week I'll talk with Haspin Acre management and Danny and Becky about the status of any and all suggestions. Then post the results.

Anyone seen the commercial advertising a real robot manufactured by Honda? Is this thing really being built?

brian-250
02-16-2004, 09:52 AM
LOL! That is for sure!

So Brian what kind of designs do you want on your pink dress? Flowers? Or Butterflies?

can brad borrow one of yours?:blah:

Lil - Braff
02-16-2004, 09:16 PM
can brad borrow one of yours?:blah:

LOL! Well your gonna be the one wearing the pink dress! Plus Bradley would actually look good in it! ;)

bradley300
02-16-2004, 09:28 PM
i look good in everything lil :blah:

Lil - Braff
02-16-2004, 09:41 PM
i look good in everything lil :blah:

LOL! Well duh!

So Brian... butterflies or flowers?

bradley300
02-16-2004, 09:48 PM
LOL! Well duh!

aww, your gonna make me blush sweetie

jesshamner
02-17-2004, 12:49 AM
aww, your gonna make me blush sweetie

I don't think Braff1 would approve! :blah:

bradley300
02-17-2004, 10:48 AM
lmao

Lil - Braff
02-17-2004, 11:53 AM
:devil: :blah:

1rancher
02-17-2004, 05:08 PM
In the words of Braff " Brad you cant date my daughter"

I go away for 4 days and theres 2 pages of $*it talking going on I cant wait till the season starts and we get to meet all these people.

brian-250
02-17-2004, 05:17 PM
In the words of Braff " Brad you cant date my daughter"

I go away for 4 days and theres 2 pages of $*it talking going on I cant wait till the season starts and we get to meet all these people.

im more in her age range:blah: :devil: (dont hurt me Dan i just had to)

250EXstud
02-17-2004, 06:09 PM
Brian she wants a man that can win and knows how to ride. So looks like that leaves you out.

brian-250
02-17-2004, 06:15 PM
ill see you at haspin,ma,wheres my old ball bat:blah: :devil: :grr:

250EXstud
02-17-2004, 06:18 PM
Boy you better back down cause will stick that bat so far up your butt......J/P:blah:

Braff1
02-17-2004, 06:49 PM
Brian she wants a man that can win and knows how to ride. So looks like that leaves you out.

no Brad you still can't date my daughter!!!!

brian-250
02-17-2004, 06:53 PM
mine fer the taking ,wheres that pic of me at the ironman?need it

Lil - Braff
02-17-2004, 08:49 PM
no comment,and lil,ill were that skirt,if you have a pink thong to go with it:D :devil: carly told me to post that:devil: she still wants that kiss:blah:

Dude!! Your sick! And you just remember that... I'm going shopping tomorrow and will be picking you out a pretty pink thong to match your pretty pink dress! You want a pink bra also?

bradley300
02-17-2004, 10:29 PM

OUCH! lmgdao, thanks for the back up 250exstud!

250EXstud
02-18-2004, 08:27 AM
Backing you up i am making my move:blah: LOL

bradley300
02-18-2004, 08:56 AM
hope you've run that past Braff1 first!lmao:blah:

bradley300
02-18-2004, 09:52 AM
still one problem 250exstud, your only 14, your not a man yet:blah: lol, j/k

and yes lil, brian wants the bra to go with it:devil:

brian-250
02-18-2004, 01:36 PM
oh man,this theads gone to he!!:rolleyes:

brian-250
02-18-2004, 01:38 PM
[B

and yes lil, brian wants the bra to go with it:devil: [/B]

:grr: :mad:

Lil - Braff
02-18-2004, 01:50 PM
still one problem 250exstud, your only 14, your not a man yet:blah: lol, j/k

and yes lil, brian wants the bra to go with it:devil:
I figured he would. :rolleyes: LOL!

brian-250
02-18-2004, 01:56 PM
im not responding,but if we keep adding to this theard we can post pics of the race,and brads skirt:blah: :D

david kelsch
02-18-2004, 02:13 PM
I guess at the first race Ima gonna start ya'll with some underwear instead of a flag

Or instead during the halloween race while the rest of us tag our partners you could switch panties.

Maybe Pete should get some Haspin Acres logos printed on some skirts. Sounds like he could sell a few of them.

38 days to go. I don't know if your gonna make it before having an under garment melt down.:blah:

I hear the ice is melting off the hill. I won't be long

Lil - Braff
02-18-2004, 02:27 PM
I guess at the first race Ima gonna start ya'll with some underwear instead of a flag

Or instead during the halloween race while the rest of us tag our partners you could switch panties.

Maybe Pete should get some Haspin Acres logos printed on some skirts. Sounds like he could sell a few of them.

38 days to go. I don't know if your gonna make it before having an under garment melt down.:blah:

I hear the ice is melting off the hill. I won't be long

LMFAO!! The thing about the halloween race would be too funny!! Lets do it! :blah:

Lil - Braff
02-18-2004, 02:28 PM
im not responding,but if we keep adding to this theard we can post pics of the race,and brads skirt:blah: :D

I'm buying the pink dress and pink thong for you!! Your not gonna back out now are ya? You did say that you'd wear it if there was a thong to go with it!! :macho

250EXstud
02-18-2004, 02:55 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bradley300
[B]still one problem 250exstud, your only 14, your not a man yet:blah: lol, j/k

That race weekend i turn 15.

brian-250
02-18-2004, 06:21 PM
I'm buying the pink dress and pink thong for you!! Your not gonna back out now are ya? You did say that you'd wear it if there was a thong to go with it!! :macho

carlie said that!!!!! i wont wear the skirt fer shut!

Lil - Braff
02-18-2004, 08:26 PM
carlie said that!!!!! i wont wear the skirt fer shut!

Why are you skeered or something?

Does that mean that you will wear the thong? :blah:

bradley300
02-18-2004, 08:43 PM
no lil, that means he's wussing out.

and on a side note, dont take offense to anything i say about you guys, this is all in good fun to me, and if i earn it, i will wear the skirt, so i would only expect the same quality sportsmanship out of you guys.

see you on the 28th!:devil:

Lil - Braff
02-18-2004, 09:37 PM
Yea I really am just messing 2! This is all friendly fun! :)

BUT there is pink dress contest and whoever looses has to wear the pink dress. If it is me then I will wear that pink dress with pride! BUT Brian get to pick...butterflies or flowers? LOL

bradley300
02-18-2004, 09:57 PM
sorry lil, that aint gonn cut it, your girl, seeing you in a skirt is no big deal, we will have to come up w/ something creative for you

(not what your thinking Braff1, dont worry lol)

Lil - Braff
02-18-2004, 10:09 PM
LOL!!! Well think of something creative that would be a good consiquence (sp?) but better watch out for daddy! LOL! ;) :macho

david kelsch
02-19-2004, 07:26 AM
There have been team races in the past with an unusual trade off. Instead of touching body parts or machines they stop, dismount, and exchange a giant pair of womens panties. Its helarious to watch them get a leg hung up and eat dirt in their haste.

There are also classes in some drag races that stop half way down the track, dismount, and put on a giant pair of underwear. Then head for the finish.

I think this would be great as its own class at the Halloween race. For those teams who want more fun and less intense competition.

This was the context of my previous post about exchanging panties. I'm a dirty old man but its usually mud:devil:

1rancher
02-19-2004, 08:17 AM
I have seen the drag races that do that its funny, I would give that a shot at the buddy race

brian-250
02-19-2004, 04:02 PM
dont do it,i wont race:macho :D shut up brad,i dont wanna hear it:blah:

remlapr
02-20-2004, 04:00 PM
They have a team XC race like that somewhere in North-East KY in the Spring. That guy Sh*tbird was telling me and Sprincr about it. We need to try to find out about it, it sounds like fun.

brian-250
02-21-2004, 05:14 PM
that would be fun find out about it,ill race win to:D

Lil - Braff
02-21-2004, 05:51 PM
that would be fun find out about it,ill race win to:D

:rolleyes:

brian-250
02-21-2004, 05:57 PM
jjeeeezzzzzzzzzz:rolleyes: cant take a joke

bradley300
02-21-2004, 09:40 PM
brian, how can you win if i'm gonna beat you? lol

brian-250
02-22-2004, 07:35 AM
brian, how can you win if i'm gonna beat you? lol

never said id run the recon:D :macho

honda250xrider
02-22-2004, 06:04 PM
does anyone have dates for the motocross races yet?

brian-250
02-22-2004, 06:24 PM
www.haspinacres.comcheck there site;)

bradley300
02-22-2004, 07:50 PM
never said id run the recon:D :macho

who said i'm scared of a 400ex?:devil:

brian-250
02-22-2004, 07:53 PM
who said i'm scared of a 400ex?:devil:

you know you are admit it:rolleyes: :D

250EXstud
02-22-2004, 07:58 PM
Well i just thought i would lit everyone know incase they wanted to join in but the 1st thing i am goin to do when i get to Haspin is find this Brian kid and beat him up. And if he wears that pink thong i am goin to hang him by the tailgate of his trailer with it.
I am pretty sure i could handle him by myself but if any one else wants a hit just let me know.

:D :blah:

honda250xrider
02-22-2004, 08:03 PM
www.haspinacres.comcheck there site;)

I checked the site but it only gives the dates for the harescrambles... unless the motocross races are on the same days?

250EXstud
02-22-2004, 08:04 PM
they will proably post them a here soon. There are run by different people i believe than dan and becky.

Lil - Braff
02-22-2004, 08:50 PM
Well i just thought i would lit everyone know incase they wanted to join in but the 1st thing i am goin to do when i get to Haspin is find this Brian kid and beat him up. And if he wears that pink thong i am goin to hang him by the tailgate of his trailer with it.
I am pretty sure i could handle him by myself but if any one else wants a hit just let me know.

LMAO!! I'll be there watching, taking pics, and LMAO!

bradley300
02-22-2004, 08:53 PM
you know you are admit it:rolleyes: :D

sorry, its gonna be fun blowing past you in an open section

david kelsch
02-23-2004, 12:39 PM
I called Jim Fleman on behalf of you curious EXRIDERS and got the dates of the first few motocross races. He says the official schedule is at the printers and should be distributed soon. Keep checking the haspins website.

For now all we have is:

March 14

April 3 and 4.

It sounds like a combination of big and little track races that make up a 10 race series. The last races will be late in the year.

Im really not sure why anyone would want to ride on a track without any trees though.

1rancher
02-23-2004, 01:27 PM
I got a flyer in the mail Saturday and it had all the XC race dates on it

brian-250
02-23-2004, 01:55 PM

i got friends,in low places,that are prolly alot bigger than you,you cant find me if you tried and brad just bring it on and see whos talking at the end:macho :macho :D

david kelsch
02-23-2004, 02:33 PM
I started a new thread with this info so I'll be breif here. Mike faulk of Mikes cycle and Auto is going to have 10 mx races a half hour from haspins at the Union County Speedway.

Dates: March 21 / April 4, 11, 25 / Sept 12, 19 / Oct 3,10,31 and Nov 21

Call 765/825/7756 or other thread for more info

cdalejef
02-24-2004, 12:01 PM
sorry, its gonna be fun blowing past you in an open section Are we taking bets?

brian-250
02-24-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
Are we taking bets?

bet on me to win and itll be cash in pocket:macho :D brad dosent know me:D

cdalejef
02-24-2004, 01:35 PM
bet on me to win and itll be cash in pocket:macho :D brad dosent know me:D Do you know Brad?

Lil - Braff
02-24-2004, 02:09 PM
Are we taking bets?

Between Bradley and Brian...Bradley..for sure!!

brian-250
02-24-2004, 02:40 PM
Do you know Brad?

ive seen him race:D

Lil - Braff
02-24-2004, 03:08 PM

If you've seen him race, then why do you stilll wanna race him?If you have REALLY watched him...then you would know that you're gonna get whooped!

brian-250
02-24-2004, 03:11 PM
^:rolleyes: ,got a weekend picked to ride yet???

250EXstud
02-24-2004, 03:38 PM
WEll if you people are still talkin about to sport utility class i am just going to use a little common sense.
Complete decked out 350EX VS. A piped Recon??:rolleyes:
Give me a break.

Lil - Braff
02-24-2004, 03:49 PM
WEll if you people are still talkin about to sport utility class i am just going to use a little common sense.
Give me a break.

LMAO!

bradley300
02-24-2004, 08:33 PM
Are we taking bets?

sure, we can take bets, and there is also i pink skirt contest. if i get beat, i'll be too ashamed to even run my "race team" decals.

hell, if brian wins, i'll buy him a set.

bradley300
02-24-2004, 08:35 PM

i assume you saw me at the halloween race? just remeber i had never riddin a 400ex until that race and am quite a bit faster on my 300

1rancher
02-25-2004, 08:25 AM
Hey Brad I think I saw you at that race too, you were the guy on the yellow 400ex, oh sh*t there was like 500 of them up there, but I know who you are. You were standing next to the big guy that likes to beat the hell out of people

bradley300
02-25-2004, 08:38 AM
lmao

brian-250
02-25-2004, 09:59 AM
Give me a break.

ive done other things,i dont give out all my performance tips:D

1rancher
02-25-2004, 01:55 PM
you better be sitting on a rocket, I have ridden some bad@$$ reakys, they were fast has a 290 kit, pipe, nitrous, and EFI it was sweet ride, wanna drag race??

jesshamner
02-25-2004, 02:10 PM
ive done other things,i dont give out all my performance tips:D

Those decals probably add at least 5 hp...right?

brian-250
02-25-2004, 04:55 PM
Those decals probably add at least 5 hp...right?

besides the decals:D plus,i kept up pretty close to my buddy in the woods the other day,hes got a 250r:D im good what can i say

Lil - Braff
02-25-2004, 05:06 PM
besides the decals:D plus,i kept up pretty close to my buddy in the woods the other day,hes got a 250r:D im good what can i say

You actually got a buddy? :eek2: So what if you could keep up with him.... it was probably your boy friend and he didn't want to hurt your feelings beating you to bad.

remlapr
02-25-2004, 05:29 PM
You actually got a buddy? :eek2: So what if you could keep up with him.... it was probably your boy friend and he didn't want to hurt your feelings beating you to bad.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

brian-250
02-25-2004, 05:40 PM

ill have carlie give you a good whoopin:D i think shes comin:confused:

1rancher
02-25-2004, 07:07 PM
does you friend have legs, if I was on a 250r and a recon was keeping up the woods with me I would sell it and buy a cannondale. I cant wait to the first race up there to stop all this trash talking. Hey Brian I will have a 10 ft cannondale banner and a 8ft Kentucky Riders Banner come say HI just so we know who you are and can use that recon as traction in all that haspin mud

brian-250
02-25-2004, 07:56 PM
ill stop in and say somthin,but ill be the red recon with red moose guards and some stikers on em,plus on the lil black front dash thingie(:confused: )ive got a license plate with my name on it,ill prolly have a blue warrior,red rancher and maby a red 250r with the new k&k graphics,save me a spot:D see yall there,and this all is not trash talking its just good fun im ready to race win or lose,but prolly win:D and brad you may be faster on the drag strip but its all about what you knowand how you use it,it dosent matter what kind of bike you got you just haveto put the power to the ground and GO,take it easy the first lap dont were yerself out on the first lap and be tired the the rest of the race then on the last 2-3 laps hang it all out there and pass anything that gets it the way,sorry brad if thats to much to read but do you see what i meen?

Lil - Braff
02-25-2004, 08:29 PM
ill stop in and say somthin,but ill be the red recon with red moose guards and some stikers on em,plus on the lil black front dash thingie(:confused: )ive got a license plate with my name on it,ill prolly have a blue warrior,red rancher and maby a red 250r with the new k&k graphics,save me a spot:D see yall there,and this all is not trash talking its just good fun im ready to race win or lose,but prolly win:D and brad you may be faster on the drag strip but its all about what you knowand how you use it,it dosent matter what kind of bike you got you just haveto put the power to the ground and GO,take it easy the first lap dont were yerself out on the first lap and be tired the the rest of the race then on the last 2-3 laps hang it all out there and pass anything that gets it the way,sorry brad if thats to much to read but do you see what i meen?

Save you a spot where? On the start line? Oh yea.... you got ya a spot saved..... right between me and Bradley. :devil:

I'll be on a white 300 w/ quad shop graphics and just a FEW other stickers. Just look for me and I'm sure I'll be around there somewhere!

brian-250
02-25-2004, 08:31 PM
ill find you before the race and lket you ride the beast,i think thats the smartest thing i ever said^^^^^:D

bradley300
02-25-2004, 08:42 PM

thanks, i need all the xc racing tips i can get from a trash talking 13 yr old:rolleyes:

see you there

brian-250
02-25-2004, 08:54 PM
what did i just say!:grr:

bradley300
02-25-2004, 11:09 PM
lol, your easy to get mad!lol i might race the blaster, that way you have a better chance. feels like i'm pickin on the weakest calf in the herd since your riding a recon and all

brian-250
02-26-2004, 09:33 AM
like i said,blaster passer:D run it one race just to see that i still got it:cool: :macho

bradley300
02-26-2004, 10:50 AM
you got it, 03 black and red blaster, #812, yellow number plates

brian-250
02-26-2004, 01:26 PM
now as long as that rincon dont run ill be in the clear:cool: :D

bone705
02-26-2004, 06:46 PM
so what time does the races actualy start at and what time should i try to get there? do they give much time to take a practice lap?

jesshamner
02-26-2004, 06:54 PM
You can practice on an open track before the bikes start. I think the bikes start at 10:30. I believe the quads start around 12:30 or 1:30. Anybody can ride the course during either races b/c they keep the park open for trail riders. You can read about the concerns of some people in the previous pages of this thread. If you wanted to get there around 11 and ride the course during the bike race, you could, but you would have to make sure you get out of the way of the racers. I look at regular trail riders as obstacles the same way as I look at trees. Although, trees can't be hurt by an out of control racer.

brian-250
03-01-2004, 02:03 PM
hey we could meet up the weekend after the GA race,i think me and some friends are goin down ill see:D

Lil - Braff
03-02-2004, 08:23 AM
Brian, if you want to beat Brad tell him his blaster can go 3 laps without getting any gas.

1rancher
03-02-2004, 08:30 AM
Hey brian theres a race in Bedford IN the weekend after GA so come on out

250EXstud
03-02-2004, 08:39 AM
I will be at Bedford. c ya there

bradley300
03-02-2004, 08:53 AM
Brian, if you want to beat Brad tell him his blaster can go 3 laps without getting any gas.
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Braff1
03-02-2004, 09:39 AM
Brad, you should respect the wisdom of us old farts.

1rancher
03-02-2004, 09:40 AM
we will have the cannondale banners and the kentucky riders banners up come say hi I am sure we will be grilling out at some point

gncc400exxx
03-03-2004, 02:22 PM
Hey brian theres a race in Bedford IN the weekend after GA so come on out

What is the race in bedford??

Lil - Braff
03-03-2004, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by gncc400exxx
What is the race in bedford??

Here is the link to their board.
http://stonecity.proboards26.com/index.cgi?action=login2

The "long track" is XC style, and the "short track" is MX style. I was there helping make up the track and it's gonna be nice! We didn't get to finish it due to the time but it is going to be NICE!

bone705
03-03-2004, 08:25 PM
do i need to have number plates?