View Full Version : help jetting my predator

Pred_rider
01-22-2004, 06:55 PM
im runig a clamp on uni no air box

Hozed
01-22-2004, 08:11 PM
pipe.. no pipe? elevation..?
if you just got the clamp on... id go maybe 167.5
you can PM me.. ive done quite a bit of jettin on my pred.. and i aint braggin but i am pretty good at guessin about what your gonna need for it. (not thats it that difficult)

QuadJunkies
01-23-2004, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Pred_rider
im runig a clamp on uni no air box we run Clamp Direct to Carb, no air Box, Get a Dynojet ,they will have what you need for your Elevation;) . How about a pipe???

Elduner
01-23-2004, 10:59 AM
This is my bro's Predator, Its running a pure polaris (White Bro's) pipe. Elevation is see level.

Hozed
01-23-2004, 02:52 PM
since you dont need to jet up with the WB pipe... (shows how much power it dont give!!!!) id still say around 157.5 to 160

Elduner
01-23-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Hozed
since you dont need to jet up with the WB pipe... (shows how much power it dont give!!!!) id still say around 157.5 to 160

Who ever told you that you dont have to jet for the WB is full of it.. Took some trial and error to jet this thing with the WB and as far as power I can say that it gave it some very decent power.. smokes piped shees

Hey Bro it helps to say what jetting specs you have now.

Hozed
01-23-2004, 04:00 PM
polaris says you dont need to rejet... and you cna throw the pipe and and not rejet... my buddy works at a dealer.. and has put many WB pipes on.. and no jettin required.

QuadJunkies
01-24-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Hozed
polaris says you dont need to rejet... and you cna throw the pipe and and not rejet... my buddy works at a dealer.. and has put many WB pipes on.. and no jettin required. bot baggin on anybody or anything.... But, That dont make much sense if he is running a pipe and NO AIR BOX, and CLAMP ON:confused: if the Guy lives at Sea level and does these mods, then he would have to be running VERY FAT to start with. REGARDLESS of Altitude.....

Most Quads Come from the factory already lean to begin with ,so the model will DEF. Pass emissions. Increasing the intake with changing the air filter alone, is enough to make you rejet heck, we had to go up 7 pilot on ours and adj. the float...:huh
IF your quads is jetting is the same,BEFORE and AFTER, you put those mods on, You have no power gain.
To gain power(torque ect) you HAVE to increase the fuel flow AND the airflow .If your Running EXTREMELY Fat, that will lean your bike out, and if your lean,and you do those mods,your gonna cook it.........
As far as the dealer is ... I SHOCKED:eek2: you cant get any power gains from those mods by doing nothing........Hope this helps some........;)

Hozed
01-24-2004, 01:20 PM
tina you aint tellin me anything i dont know.. and i also was surprised when i was told that if i bought the WB pipe that i didnt need to re-jet.. made no sense to me.. then i called WB myself and asked what kind of gains this pipe gave.. they guy laughed and told me that it gave 1-2 HP. i laughted back and asked him if he was serious.. and sure enough.. he was...
now i aint sayin what it does or doesnt do... but ive seen a few with that pipe.. and i was not impressed.

Predator19
01-27-2004, 06:00 PM
The WB pipe livens up the Pred motor a heck of a lot more than 1 horsepower.

Dune Surfer
01-27-2004, 06:39 PM
I have the clamp on filter and the pure polaris pipe on my predator. My jetting is a 170 main jet and a 50 pilot. I live at sea level and the jetting seems right on. no poping and pulls hard. Don't forget to drill out the brass plug and set your screw out about 2.50 turns. my needle has the clip up one notch. (richer) Try these settings it should be close.

Hozed
01-28-2004, 05:56 AM
i am running a 172.5 and a 50 PJ at sea level
i am a little lean but it is also 0 degrees here. gotta bump up to a 175 or maybe move the needle