PDA

View Full Version : Would you buy from Ebay Auction?

SpeedBump
01-22-2004, 06:16 PM
If somebody were to get their hands on a New 450R, would you bid on and want to buy it from them in an online auction like EBAY? Of course the starting bid would be no more than retail. The reason I am asking is.....a friend of mine has his on the way......just talked to the dealer for him today. Should be here in 2-3 weeks. The reason he is thinking about sellin it already is....he just got a new job and part of his training is a 8 week school about 950 miles away. He will NOT be back to ride for that whole time. I will be going with his wife to pick it up, and he wants me to put it up on Ebay as soon as I get it. I know some guys will say that is a ****ty thing to do, but hey, no sense in lettin it sit around for a month or 2. By the time he gets back it should be easier to get another one....not to mention...he is now a bit concerned about some small problems it may have and the extra time might give Honda a chance to correct them, if any show up.

Guy400
01-22-2004, 07:13 PM
Would I personally buy a bike off eBay..no way. If I can't see it, touch it and smell it I'm not buying it. Your buddy would be best served to just keep the one he's got. Also, Honda will do no updates over the next two months to this quad. If there is any problem it will be corrected for free under warranty. Your friend will lose money selling it and will just have to buy another one 2 months down the road anyway.

4fiddyR
01-22-2004, 07:59 PM
Watch out for that scam guys!
Anyone asking you to send money western union is a scam and you will lose your cash!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a buddy out 5999 on a trx450R
I'm not kidding, don't do it.

2004TRX450R
01-22-2004, 08:03 PM
guranteed he will have a hard time getting one when he get's back. he is better off either just telling the dealer that he doesn't want it or just letting it sit in his garage for a couple of months. He is going to loose money on it if he tries to sell it just to get another one in a couple of months and there will be NO updates until the next model year anyway so it is all for nothing.

kwatts400
01-22-2004, 10:13 PM
I got my 250r off of ebay, but it was across town so I got to check it out and test ride it. Had it gone through and its been all good so far.

EXDuner
01-22-2004, 10:59 PM
I agree....If it's within a reasonable distance to go see it I would go and test it out first. As for any parts, I buy stuff for mine on ebay all the time. There is always risk with internet transactions but after doing upwards of 150 or so about 98% have worked out very satisfactory. Knock on wood!:cool:

trx440
01-22-2004, 11:46 PM
Mines for sale and it is at the dealership right now. Any takers?

WKY400EX
01-23-2004, 10:08 AM
SpeedBump, just ride it while he's gone. He'll never know. Just say you put it on Ebay, but no one wanted it.:devil: :D

twisted threads
01-23-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by 2004TRX450R
guranteed he will have a hard time getting one when he get's back. he is better off either just telling the dealer that he doesn't want it or just letting it sit in his garage for a couple of months. He is going to loose money on it if he tries to sell it just to get another one in a couple of months and there will be NO updates until the next model year anyway so it is all for nothing.

I agree. Just tell the dealer that he don't want it and let the next guy in line have it.

JWhite
01-23-2004, 12:25 PM
EBAY SUCKS sometimes. I have hear a lot of horror stories about people selling stolen bikes and quads.

01-23-2004, 02:03 PM
i bought mine off ebay from a reputable dealership....everything went perfect

WKY400EX
01-23-2004, 05:10 PM
If he really wants to keep it, let it sit for 2 months. Just jack it up off the floor and crank it and let it run a couple of times a week.

Now, if he wants to get rid of it, I know someone would buy it off Ebay. That's almost a given.

250rpilot
01-23-2004, 06:44 PM
i have dealt with speedbump, he is a good dude....i dont think this is a scam. strange, yes, but no scam!:)

remlapr
01-23-2004, 07:18 PM
I bought my 400 off of Ebay - but I drove down to TN to pick it up. It was in great shape and I get it for a great price. But if I had got down there and it had been beat I just would have left and not gave him the cashiers check...

SpeedBump
01-28-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by 250rpilot
i have dealt with speedbump, he is a good dude....i dont think this is a scam. strange, yes, but no scam!:)

I think! :devil: Still waiting on his R. :grr: