PDA

View Full Version : Where to ride in Mississippi?

BP Rider
02-23-2002, 07:04 PM
I will be moving to Southern Mississippi at the end of March to take a new job. Anyone know of good places to ride a sport quad there? I'm not looking for too much mud, but some is ok.

mitty_ex
02-24-2002, 07:00 AM
Where at in Mississippi are you moving to? I was in Pascagoula for about a year and a half. Not too many places down there that weren't posted.

goochy
02-24-2002, 10:25 AM
I live outside of Memphis, Tn, a couple of places to ride not much, join the MMC club, and we have some private land. Where are you moving to?? We always are looking for a few good men (or women) to ride sport quads

BP Rider
02-24-2002, 04:04 PM
We will be moving to the Biloxi/Gulfport area. I am originally from the Slidell, LA area, so I am pretty familiar with the area.

400exdad
02-25-2002, 10:53 AM
Desoto National Forest will be right up the road from you. My brother in law lives in Gulfport and I'm dying to take the quads down there... for a visit. :D I think its about 35-45 miles North of Gulfport off 49 (at least I think thats the highway that goes straight into Gport). Check ATVConnection.com and the riding areas, its listed there.

BP Rider
02-25-2002, 09:23 PM
400exdad,

Thanks for the info. I will definitely look into that area when I settle. Maybe we can get together sometime in a couple of months or so and check it out.

Mike

"BLAHH"300!!
02-25-2002, 09:58 PM
in about august late september the miss..river will go down a good bit.....find a good place to get to it and have a blast....watch for sinkholes....swallow you and ur bike...i ride in v-burg...but it's not reallyworth the trip from the coast up here to ride.....
yeah 49 is the hwy that runs right intp gulfport..up to jackson.....
used.to be good places at the pearl river to ride..(in jackson / pearl ms)..but from what i hear thryu closed it....i'm not sure where to ride now....let me know what you find

02-26-2002, 07:06 AM
I live in Pensacola but have ridden at both the Rattlesnake Bay ATV Trail and Bethel ATV Trail. I would not suggest riding at Bethel, too tight and too muddy. Rattlesnake is farther north but a pretty good riding area. Email me for directions and a description of the areas. jgardner@spydee.net

bntadams
01-04-2003, 12:39 PM
I agree with Jason_400EX. Bethel can be a rough ride especially if you like to go fast through the trails. I get lost everytime I go out there but pretty good about finding my way out. My biggest complaint about Bethel is the tree stump situation. Every time I go I hit at least three or four stumps that jerk my hands loose and send those nice sharp pains through my wrist. I'm 28 years old though so I am gettin fragile. But I love Rattlesnake and frequent that place often (recovering right now from last weekend). Rattlesnake has the best variety I have seen here in South Missississippi. Some straight smooth 50 mile per hour trails some hilly motorcross stuff. Good jumps, good trail riding. Plenty of space and trails to exhaust you all day long. Tickets are high however at 100 dollars a pop if you are caught riding on the roads at Rattlesnake no questions no exceptions! That is per 4-wheeler too so watch for da smokeys or stay off the roads entirely! Sometimes Camp Shelby will be doing artillary excercises so that is cool to watch when you are taking a break. Rattlesnake is Just south of New Augusta off highway 29. Email me if you want more info bntadams@bellsouth.net

2K1 300EX
01-04-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by BP Rider
We will be moving to the Biloxi/Gulfport area. I am originally from the Slidell, LA area, so I am pretty familiar with the area.

I'm from Gulfport...I live about 4 miles from Hwy. 49 before you get to Hwy 53. There aren't a whole lot of places to ride, well no big places I usually go to the river or trails around the house.

p_kwilliams1999
04-21-2004, 09:02 PM
Have you guys checked out Red Creek Off-Road? Anyway, I would like to know how to get to Rattlesnake Bay. Could someone put up directions, hours, phone, etc?

cpjones1231
04-24-2004, 09:48 AM
hey Im in memphis but my grandparents have about 500 acres in Walnut MS and we usually have about 10 people a weekend ride down there, there are more trails than you can ride in a day and we usually end up in the Holly Springs Forrest thats about 150,000 acres

400exdad
04-27-2004, 06:38 AM
CP, do you ride from your place into Holly Springs? Sport or utility quads?

cpjones1231
04-29-2004, 09:34 AM
We ride from my grandparents place in Walnut , I ride a 400EX and my uncle rides a 450, everyone else rides utility quads.

you can OM or mail me at cpjones1231@yahoo if youre interested in coming down sometime