PDA

View Full Version : Stupid newb. question

EXJUMPER
01-22-2004, 09:20 AM
When I bought my quad I got the service package so when ever it needs something I take it in and they do free of charge. But I'm going to the dunes Jan. 30 and I want to swap in a 14 tooth sprocket before I go. The problem is, I don't have a service book that tells how to adjust the chian back. From what I've read on other sites you have to loosen the four allen bolts on the swingarm and then rotate the axle forward. No big deal....but when you go to tighten it how do you get properly lined up. I don't see any marks on the swing arm to compare both sides to. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
James

300exOH
01-22-2004, 09:27 AM
Both sides will move together when you adjust it

EXJUMPER
01-22-2004, 09:36 AM
OK....so do you just spin the axle to rotate it forward and back? Thanks for the reply
James

PHIL_B54
01-22-2004, 10:08 AM
look in the FAQ section

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1143

btw. take both sprokets with you, so if you dont like the 14 you can go back to 15. i got too much wheel spin and couldnt go anywhere with the 14, so i had to change it back while i was there.

jtej
01-22-2004, 10:10 AM
you don't actually rotate the axle per say, rather you rotate the carrier down/backwards to tighten the chain, vice versa for tightening it. remember to tighten up the allen bolts once the chain is adjusted.