PDA

View Full Version : TRX45R - In stock locally

kmac1967
01-21-2004, 10:42 PM
I looked at and rode the first one to hit the dealer floor late yesterday.....wow. I am #2 on the list and will have mine within a week.....see you dunin.

quadrcr161
01-21-2004, 10:46 PM
where are you from? why are these dealers not letting people know. and why the hell are they letting people ride them?

Woody_YFZ
01-21-2004, 10:51 PM
It's nothing new for dealers to let the employees ride them. If you worked there, you would ride it too.

kmac1967
01-21-2004, 10:59 PM
I'm in Oregon. I was there when the pulled it out of the service bay and test rode it...service guys, sales guys, couple of top customers. Apperently the first one is going to be held for the showroom floor. Still waiting for #2 to arrive.

quadrcr161
01-21-2004, 10:59 PM
actually i wouldnt. if i find out mind has been ridden, i will try to have that person fired and my money given back that i have put down and go to another dealer. i put money down to buy a new quad, not one that has been ridden without broken in. there can be damage caused by that and on a "race" style atv im sure there isnt much of a warrenty. mine better still be in the crate it came in.

Woody_YFZ
01-21-2004, 11:22 PM
They have a six month warranty and it isn't going to hurt anything, but I understand your point. I'm just glad to have it finally out and all the speculation can stop and we can get back to normal chat.

2004TRX450R
01-21-2004, 11:29 PM
Most likely if unless you work at the dealership and put it together yourself the tech. that does the PDI and assembly on it will test ride it to make sure everything is functioning properly. It is when they get curious to the new power that I get upset if it was mine. That is why I arranged to have mine NOT PDIed but the shop I got it from knows I work at another shop as a tech. so they made an exception for me. Lawfully they have to set it up and PDI it so that they know it is all functional.

quadrcr161
01-21-2004, 11:31 PM
they can assemble it and check it out while im there, but it better be in the crate and no oil in it when get there,

2004TRX450R
01-21-2004, 11:41 PM
Well the engine oil will be up to the line when it comes out of the crate. The tranny will have oil in it but will need to be topped off. I just drained my tranny oil and put in HP Trans fluid. I'm just running the stuff that came in the engine until I change it after the first ride then goes in HP4 with moly. The engine oil will most likely need to be topped off once run. You might want to tell the shop you want it to be in the crate when you come in or they may have it assembled and PDIed before you get there.

quadrcr161
01-21-2004, 11:47 PM
the guy im dealing with at the shop i know pretty well. i use to race with him before he retired and i told him i wanted to be there. i just hope they dont break it out and try to show it off. what happen to all the dealerships getting them after the 28th? i thought it wasnt going to be realesed till every dealership had them.

2004TRX450R
01-21-2004, 11:49 PM
Well they have all been released but some dealers are farther from the warehouses and some of the places that ship them from the warehouse to the dealers can't deliver them all in one day. The one that was supposed to show up at the dealer I work at didn't show up yet either. I got mine from another dealer that got it today.

quadrcr161
01-21-2004, 11:51 PM
i knew they couldnt do it all in one day,but all the dealers here said after jan 28th, just wondering why they are early

lukester720
01-22-2004, 12:06 AM
I bet your boss will be po'ed when you roll up with your R in the back of your truck tomorrow! Oh well he should of cut you a deal now shouldn't he! lol

2004TRX450R
01-22-2004, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by lukester720
I bet your boss will be po'ed when you roll up with your R in the back of your truck tomorrow! Oh well he should of cut you a deal now shouldn't he! lol

Ya we already had a talk about it. Seems my Service manager didn't convey that I wasn't happy about it to the owner. The owner told me today he probably could have thrown in an HRC kit or something but he didn't know that I was pissed about it. OH well I got it a day earlier anyway. I just can't wait to go ride!!!:D :cool: :D :D :D

sjw1176
01-22-2004, 04:47 AM
anyboby else expecting theres today post any info.

Ken Klosterman
01-22-2004, 07:00 AM
How long does it actually take to set one up - A lot of assembly or mayble just plastic, tires and set the handlebars up?? I like the idea of being there when he sets so up so I can make sure it doesn't get ridden hard til I break it in. I don't want to be a prick about it though. I'll probably have to go in on a Saturday if I want to see it put together while I'm there.:huh

4fiddyR
01-22-2004, 07:23 AM
pictures people! Lets see em. If mine came in I would definatley take a picture before I rode it and showed it off!

seatec
01-22-2004, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by 2004TRX450R
Well the engine oil will be up to the line when it comes out of the crate. The tranny will have oil in it but will need to be topped off. I just drained my tranny oil and put in HP Trans fluid. I'm just running the stuff that came in the engine until I change it after the first ride then goes in HP4 with moly. The engine oil will most likely need to be topped off once run. You might want to tell the shop you want it to be in the crate when you come in or they may have it assembled and PDIed before you get there.

If i am reading your post right you intend to put Oil with Moly in the tranny side? I thought they discouraged that because of premature wear of the plates? I thought it was ok to put moly on the engine side but regular GN4 on the tranny. Just checking.
I'd go over to thumpertalk/CRF450 forum and do a search.
Maybe im wrong.

sjw1176
01-22-2004, 11:52 AM
has anybody else got any news about picking up there bike today or tomorrow,

exrider44
01-22-2004, 12:02 PM
I havent heard anything yet Im getting mine from Upstate ny. Wish it was here already! the waiting is killing me!

sjw1176
01-22-2004, 12:04 PM
i hear ya exrider44 i am near buffalo, ny and nobody knows anything about them even shipping yet.

Bretmd94
01-22-2004, 12:16 PM
I jsut called the shop in Medford Oreogn today where i put my deposit down. They dont have one yet but the rep is coming by tomorrow. Im #5 and mine should be here in a couple weeks. 3 at the most. :blah:

jarsong
01-22-2004, 12:18 PM
Congrat's Folks... Looks like the long wait is coming to an end for some... I'm happy for you all! I bought Blue, but that's ok, I know the 450R will be a good bike. Now go ride!!!!!
jarsong :D

sjw1176
01-22-2004, 12:27 PM
hopefully by the weekend more people with be getting theres and others might know more on when to expect them

r450rr
01-22-2004, 01:13 PM
emailed my dealer and talked to him.. this is what he emailed me back TODAY!! the 22nd..

thanks for the email.

we are only going to be alloted one HRC kit. The others are
not going to be shipped until 60 days later. The first one we get has
been sold already. The retail price for the kit is $319.00 We will not
know the exact price until we get the rest that we ordered.

Update: We are supposed to get the first 450r on the 28th of this
month. The others should be here 10 days later. This if Honda
does not change their minds again.

Hope this helps!

sjw1176
01-22-2004, 01:21 PM
sounds good the 28th, thats the transit time from seattle to the east coast. i bet we receive them here on or before the 28th instead of honda shipping the from there warehouse on the 28th

Karizz
01-22-2004, 03:21 PM
east coast ones should come out of port in Virgina.Thats what my dealer says

sjw1176
01-22-2004, 03:24 PM
any idea when he said to be expecting them

Karizz
01-22-2004, 03:26 PM
I was told first week in Feb. Im hoping i get mine by the 30th so I can make recrate it and forward air it for my trip to Glamis on feb 5th.

2004TRX450R
01-22-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by seatec
If i am reading your post right you intend to put Oil with Moly in the tranny side? I thought they discouraged that because of premature wear of the plates? I thought it was ok to put moly on the engine side but regular GN4 on the tranny. Just checking.
I'd go over to thumpertalk/CRF450 forum and do a search.
Maybe im wrong.

No I'm putting HP trans oil in the tranny and HP4 with moly in the engine after I ride it for a bit to get it broke in.

AtvMxRider
01-22-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by quadrcr161
actually i wouldnt. if i find out mind has been ridden, i will try to have that person fired and my money given back that i have put down and go to another dealer. i put money down to buy a new quad, not one that has been ridden without broken in. there can be damage caused by that and on a "race" style atv im sure there isnt much of a warrenty. mine better still be in the crate it came in.

It is not yours until you take possesion of it. The dealer can let anybody ride it that they want. Just because you put a deposit on it doesn't mean chit.

sjw1176
01-22-2004, 03:54 PM
mine is paid in full cash................but still waiting

quadrcr161
01-22-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
It is not yours until you take possesion of it. The dealer can let anybody ride it that they want. Just because you put a deposit on it doesn't mean chit.

true, but i can take my business, and the business of the friends and people i race with to another dealership. might not hurt them too bad, but it would still piss off the owner of the dealership. remember, a bad word about business will travel faster then a good word.

r450rr
01-22-2004, 04:41 PM
hey u guys that already has urs.

um did ur dealerships only get one in,, or did they get more than one.. thanks i am asking because i am second on the list an i was seein if they sent more than one to ur dealer

2004TRX450R
01-22-2004, 07:37 PM
just one for now and the next should be comming in a week or two from what I understand.

dlboyes
01-22-2004, 07:48 PM
Got mine this pm. See the other thread. :D

jarsong
01-22-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider

It's funny. When I picked up the YFZ450 a couple weeks ago the guy helping me load it was nice and asked me questions about it. I said, Wanna ride it? He said, "Really"? I said sure, take it for a spin around the parking lot if you want, keep the rubber side down. I mean really, what's he going to hurt?? I put more wear and tear on it in an hour last Saturday than 100 people riding it at the dealer could have done.... Some people are two uptight....
jarsong

2004TRX450R
01-22-2004, 08:05 PM
personally I think the first couple of hours are the most important and I don't want someone at the dealership to see what kind of power it makes and ring the piss out of my bike. I've seen it to many times. That is why I got mine with out it being PDIed so there was no gas in it or anything when I got it. Most dealers won't do that though but being I work in the industry the shop I bought it at let it go like that.

granticimo
01-22-2004, 08:08 PM
If you have already got your 450r take a picture or 2 and post them. Us East Coast people wanna see them.

2004TRX450R
01-22-2004, 08:11 PM
They are already posted in another thread. I can't post them so someone did it for me.

sjw1176
01-23-2004, 03:55 AM
take somemore pics we would love to see them

jarsong
01-23-2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by 2004TRX450R
personally I think the first couple of hours are the most important and I don't want someone at the dealership to see what kind of power it makes and ring the piss out of my bike. I've seen it to many times. That is why I got mine with out it being PDIed so there was no gas in it or anything when I got it. Most dealers won't do that though but being I work in the industry the shop I bought it at let it go like that.

I have this theory... HARD break ins. Work the snot out of it. Have yet to have a motor failure... Think I have bought 7 NEW ATV's in a decade and rebuilt 2 that I bought used with blown motors... Vehicles as well. Run'em hard.
jarsong

2004TRX450R
01-23-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by jarsong
I have this theory... HARD break ins. Work the snot out of it. Have yet to have a motor failure... Think I have bought 7 NEW ATV's in a decade and rebuilt 2 that I bought used with blown motors... Vehicles as well. Run'em hard.
jarsong

You may not have had any failures but if you run them in easy they will make more power once they are worn in. If you don't get the rings seated right they won't seal as well and will have lower compression and more blow by.

lukester720
01-23-2004, 09:54 AM
2004trx have you got to mash on the gas yet? Also have you installed the hrc kit I talked to my dealer today and he said the cam is about a degree larger that the stock crf450 dirtbike cam. Just got my kit yesterday just waiting for the quad.

tholt
01-23-2004, 10:09 AM
easy break in as far as make sure the bike has been warmed up properly. but wheny ou are breaking it in you need to run it hard a couple of times. The compression on the top of the piston is what actually expands the rings to help them seat. if u don't run it hard it enough sometimes they also might not seat. Those nikasil plated cylinders don't really have any break in time at all. when you rebuild one just put rings in it and take it racing. the main thing i would be kind of concerned about breaking is that it is recommended to be easy on a motor b/c of the cam and some stuff like that.

Tim.

jarsong
01-23-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by tholt
easy break in as far as make sure the bike has been warmed up properly. but wheny ou are breaking it in you need to run it hard a couple of times. The compression on the top of the piston is what actually expands the rings to help them seat. if u don't run it hard it enough sometimes they also might not seat. Those nikasil plated cylinders don't really have any break in time at all. when you rebuild one just put rings in it and take it racing. the main thing i would be kind of concerned about breaking is that it is recommended to be easy on a motor b/c of the cam and some stuff like that.

Tim.

Right on. Nascar engines? Proper breaking? Yea right and they DO have to go the distance. I think it's more important to VARY the RPM, get it good and hot, but allow for proper cool downs. This half throttle junk is garbage though. You also need to follow the oil change for the "break in oil"...
jarsong

ThorChick
01-23-2004, 10:56 AM
kmac1967-where in Oregon? and what shop did you see it at?

Baley69
01-23-2004, 11:03 AM
Well...I just found out my dealer left me a message saying to look at it on WEDNESDAY!!!! So I went and looked and sat on it about 20 mins. ago. I honestly dont think I like it. The black part where your knees go looks like it will scratch way to easy and show really bad, and the side of it by the front fenders to the black part just looks kind of funny in person, you also sit way higher than the front end. I do love the way your legs form to the bike and how light it is. I'm going right now to look at a yzf450 to compare and make sure I dont like it more.

Quadfather
01-23-2004, 11:09 AM
The Kames store by my house has one of Tim Farr's 450Rs sitting in the showroom. This is the first time that I have seen one in person. The quad seems extremely small, at least for my likings. It sure feels smaller than my 400EX. The plastic also looks incomplete. And I'm not sure about the plastic color. I don't know if this particular quad sat in the sun for an extended period of time, but it looks more pink than red, and the salesman agreed with me on that point.

I'm not bashing the quad one bit, I'm sure it will be an outstanding quad, but I'm kind of happy I didn't put a deposit on one before I got a first hand look at it.

quadrcr161
01-23-2004, 11:29 AM
the place im getting mine from will also have the yfz to sit on but i have already ridded one. i be glad to finally see the 450 and i hope its everything its been made out to be, but im not going to buy a good quad because it will scratch and look bad. theres ways around that and im going to put it to hell anyway so im sure it will get a few scratches,

sjw1176
01-23-2004, 11:38 AM
these dam dealers on the east coast dont have any clue whats going on, they still dont believe they are released.............unbelievable

lukester720
01-23-2004, 11:46 AM
Send them an email of 2004trx450r's sitting in the garage of his house. And be like photoshop this beach! lol

sjw1176
01-23-2004, 11:48 AM
what do you guys think, are these dealers this dumb or dont they really kniw whats going on

kbass24emtp
01-23-2004, 11:52 AM
I think that Honda did not tell them about the early release. I called St. Louis Honda and they had no clue about the release on the west coast untill I told them. He said the release date was the 28th.

sjw1176
01-23-2004, 12:51 PM
so my question is do the dealership even know that they are comming in....

MIA450R
01-23-2004, 01:03 PM
My dealer in NH that I spoke to (15 mins ago) was actually on the phone with the Honda rep at the same time as talking with me confirming that the 1st unit was en route to their dealer. The rest of the initial orders to be shipped within the next week or so...

sjw1176
01-23-2004, 01:24 PM
great news when you expecting it tomorrow or monday

briantrx
01-23-2004, 01:28 PM
i think the dealers have no clue hey are coming, i just called 3 dealers, in my area all of them said that the release date is the 28th and they should have them by the 30th.

sure would be nice to go and pick mine up tomorrow, already got confirmation that the hrc kit is in so i would like to put a quad with it.

sjw1176
01-23-2004, 01:30 PM
did you tell the dealers you talked to about the release already

briantrx
01-23-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by sjw1176
did you tell the dealers you talked to about the release already

yea i told then and they still had no clue. so i guess we have to wait and see....

sjw1176
01-23-2004, 02:54 PM
everybody on the east coast waiting for a 450r call your dealers tomorrow see what they tell you and post it...

twisted threads
01-23-2004, 03:17 PM
Well im off to go look at the trx450r at South Sound Honda.:macho

sjw1176
01-23-2004, 03:46 PM
just talked to my dealer mine is on its way to the dealership, my dealer said he will call me as soon as the driver calls him to deliver it , should be here anytime next week.

PowerPro400
01-23-2004, 03:52 PM
Just came from Metro Motorsports in Phoenix, They just rolled one out on the showroom this morning. I sat on it and it feels narrow kinda like the Raptor. The plastic has a neon tint to it or something, definatlly was not the usual Honda red.The bike was real light. They got the frame to look aluminum in color to match the subframe. All in all it looked good. It was not technically for sale but the salesman said if a person came in and had to have it, and offered the right price they would let it go. Im # 4 on the list at Apache Honda here in Phx and it looks like I will make it to the dunes with it this season:D

SSRedRider
01-23-2004, 06:00 PM
Talked to my dealer today and the trucking company will pick it up in Chicago monday. It will be in the shop sometime on Tuesday, If they wasn't closed on Wednesday I would have it then. So it looks like I will get mine thursday.

twisted threads
01-23-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by twisted threads
Well im off to go look at the trx450r at South Sound Honda.:macho

Well I just got back for the Honda dealer and all I got to say is "AWSOME"!! This bike is nothing like I thought it was going to look like. I think it looks way better in person. It feels really good when you sit on it, such as the seat feels good, the geometry of this bike feel very good. I wish I could ride it but this Honda shop don't ride around on there costumers $7000 quads. Well I could go on and on about how impressed I am on the looks of this bike now all I half to do is ride one.:cool:

briantrx
01-23-2004, 07:36 PM
talked to my dealer tonight, he said no word on mine yet but there are some in tennessee. they are getting close!!!!

sjw1176
01-23-2004, 07:39 PM
he should at least know they are shipping to him from a phone call or the shipping sheet

2004TRX450R
01-23-2004, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by lukester720
2004trx have you got to mash on the gas yet? Also have you installed the hrc kit I talked to my dealer today and he said the cam is about a degree larger that the stock crf450 dirtbike cam. Just got my kit yesterday just waiting for the quad.

No I've been working so I haven't had a chance to ride it yet other than on the road in front of my house and I haven't got on it because I don't want to piss of the neighbors and I want to take it easy on it to brake it in. I'm going rideing tomorrow though so I should know how she goes by then. It is killing me to just have it sitting there and not be able to ride it!