PDA

View Full Version : har har i fell while trying new trick

400quad
01-21-2004, 10:39 PM
ya so what im a noob to atvs(2weeks)
i was doing a wheelie after hitting my kicker and jumping 24ish feet on my 400ex in front of my wife/mom/brother/sister and in the middle of doing the wheelie i thought to myself,"geez, if i took my hand off the bars(just 1 hand:D ) and pointed up it would look really cool."

hahaha PLOP! fell right off the back end on my butt in front of everyone.

:devil: just thought id make my 1st post a funny one.

Cole Trane
01-21-2004, 10:43 PM
HAHA..............I guarantee that everyone on this site has done that at least once(fall off the back of the quad)!! Don't feel bad, you'll get used to it, it's nothin' compared to fallin on yo @$$ goin off a 45 footer or somethin'!!!! Welcome to ExRiders!!:cool:

Nausty
01-22-2004, 01:32 PM
yea, i never really crash showing off to people but I fell on my but on pavement trying to doing a cliff hanger while at 12 o clock and hurt my butt and elbows bad because I was in 3rd gear.

It happens.

Glow Plug
01-22-2004, 02:28 PM
happens to everyone, I;ve never really messed up bad but I have had a few good roll overs :)

bone705
01-22-2004, 02:57 PM
haha sux when people see u crash. ive fell of the back of my quad many times. have u tried it again?

400quad
01-22-2004, 03:29 PM
have i tried goofing/showing off? no.
have i been working on my wheelies? yes
have i been hitting that jump? like its nuthin

im enjoying it more and more each day.

today was the first time i managed to get the bike into 2nd gear while doing a wheelie. its hard to do when ur in the middle of a field that is rough.

bignorm
01-22-2004, 09:21 PM
in the summer i was doing a whellie on my handlebars and when the front came down it threw me off balance and i fell off the left side and the quad flipped and brole the stearing stem mount all in front of my friends parentsand there friends.

cheetah
02-06-2004, 06:05 PM
LOL One night me and my cousin got through riding and we had unloaded my EX from his truck. Well I wasn't thinking and just hopped on and shot off through my yard. Went to pop a wheelie and it never occured to me that I should actually grip my bars. Well the front end shot skyward and I immediately fell off. I didn't have my tether kill attached either and if my cuz wouldn't have been standing there, it was putting straight for the pool. DOH!:p

Sportrax10
02-06-2004, 06:18 PM
Welcome to exriders!:macho

Atreyu
02-06-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
yea, i never really crash showing off to people but I fell on my but on pavement trying to doing a cliff hanger while at 12 o clock and hurt my butt and elbows bad because I was in 3rd gear.

It happens.

Same thing happened to me while trying a cliffhanger...knocked the wind out of me...

416mx
02-06-2004, 09:20 PM
The first thing most people do when they crash is look to see if anyone seen you , weather anyone was around or not. I do it every time. And yes i've fell off the back of my bike, had a sore tale bone for a week!!!!:devil:

HndaRdr400
02-23-2004, 03:38 PM
http://C:\My Documents\My Pictures/bike3[/IMG]

Adrenalinerush
03-03-2004, 06:39 AM
lol it happens to everyone "if you didn't crash you wern't tryin hard enough"

03-03-2004, 10:28 AM
Ya its sucks falling off your bike when your showing off. But it sucks even more when you fall of your bike( in front of your parents and your friends) and then breaking your leg and having them pick you off the ground.LOL Have fun with your new ride and welcome to ExRiders!:D

sickmojave
03-03-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by 400quad
ya so what im a noob to atvs(2weeks)
i was doing a wheelie after hitting my kicker and jumping 24ish feet on my 400ex in front of my wife/mom/brother/sister and in the middle of doing the wheelie i thought to myself,"geez, if i took my hand off the bars(just 1 hand:D ) and pointed up it would look really cool."

hahaha PLOP! fell right off the back end on my butt in front of everyone.

:devil: just thought id make my 1st post a funny one.

When you do this you need to jump up and act like you just won the grand championship of quad tricks.Dance around and point to the sky and to the ground and ham it up really good.:D That's how the pros do it ;) LOL

400quad
03-03-2004, 07:36 PM
i dont have that problem anymore.
i dont think i have fallen off while doing a wheelie since that time. wheelies are nuthin now:D

i figure ill give it a little while longer and i will try a sitting backwards wheelie. i am kind of nervous about it but oh well if i fall off too bad:p

Atreyu
03-04-2004, 03:16 PM
Ha, yesterday I was doing a hand-drag wheelie in second gear and my grip slipped off...burned a lot of the skin on my *** off...my boxers were all bloody too...

Rootar
03-06-2004, 01:04 PM
one night iwas practicing wheelies on my 250ex i had learned to shift gears while in a wheelie i could get into 2nd but never in 3rd but this night i was gettin into 3rd then my little bro came out to watch so i was gonna realy get on it in 3rd and ride it all the way across the pasture well i rode in 1st for about 30 feet then i shifted into 2nd still going good then as i was shifting into 3rd the front went down a little so i got on the gas some more to keep it up in 3rd well gave to much and i ended up on my back whgile the when i got up my 4wheeler was standing straight up and dead it was flooded and my lil bro laughed all night at me but i dont care cause now im tryin to get into 4th

mephyst
03-10-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by 416mx
The first thing most people do when they crash is look to see if anyone seen you , weather anyone was around or not. I do it every time. And yes i've fell off the back of my bike, had a sore tale bone for a week!!!!:devil:

Hahaha.. I do that same thing. Even if I'm in pain whether it is minor or not I get up all fast and see if anyone saw me eat it. Soar tale bones are the worst man. One time I was cruising on a lakebed on my cr125 showing off on the little crappy bumps that get you all thrown off balance. Well I was in like 3rd or 4th gear with a good amount of speed and went over a couple but they seemed to go on forever.. one after the other and I knew if I slowed down I'd just eat it anyway, so I sped up. I ate it right at the end of a little 15 yard stretch of baby bumps in the middle of the lakebed and flew over the bars, had my bike flip and land right on my side right infront of my little cousin and uncle! My head hit the ground first and thank god I was wearing my chest protector at the time. I have a long gouge on the right side of my helmet and one on my right shoulder of the chest protector. We all fall.. it's part of the thrill of riding! :devil: Welcome.

TrickedoutEx03
03-12-2004, 02:22 AM
i did it when my 426ex was just a stock 400ex i wasnt a newbie but it was my 1st 4 stroke!! i was doing about 40 or 50 4th gearish lol i decided i was going to try to jerk back and raise it up when i did i fell flat on my back i made it home and drove to the hospital and tha doc spent a hour and a half picking gravel out of my back, the back of my neck,head,arms and elbows. its sucked bad but the scars are almost gone so u cant really see them. my advice to all you newbies get some gear like a helmet elbowgaurd i know it might look stupid but u dont want to have ta let sum1 pick rocks out of ur flesh

trickedoutex03

pikey21
03-20-2004, 03:19 PM
is easy on a 300ex if you stand on the grab bar you con hold it for ever and one handers are easy:macho