PDA

View Full Version : question

BigDave
01-21-2004, 08:20 PM
Was riding, parked it...went back about a month later. Battery is good for the first part. WIth the headlamps OFF, the neutril light comes on, the instant I turn on the headlamp switch, the lamp turns off and no headlamp. The second I hit the starter switch, the neutril light turns off. I can pull start it with the headlamps OFF. And it will run. With the headlamps on, it wont pull start. I can only find two fuses. they are right next to my airboot from filter to carb. Two 15 amp blade type fuses. Where are my other fuses at? I would like to add....I can jump it through the solined (sp). My battery is VERY strong, so its not that either.

F-16Guy
01-21-2004, 09:33 PM
Do a search for blown fuses or headlights out. I know a few people have had a problem with their headlight wiring harness shorting out. When you flip the headlight switch, it shorts the electrical system. If you leave it on long enough, it will probably pop the 15A fuse(by the way, there is only one fuse and that's it; the other one next to it is the spare). If the fuse pops the bike won't start, but it will run if its already running when it pops. Get out your multi-meter and have fun!:devil: