PDA

View Full Version : GNCC Stock Class: New Rule!

BUCK442
01-21-2004, 07:43 PM
Just got done talking with Racer Productions Jason Weigant (sp?) and he was informed today that you CAN run a oversized gas tank.

Just when I thought I was done spending money on that new quad. My wife is going to kill me.

Slightly different rules than what I was thinking when I decided to run stock. Might as well and go ahead and run 4stroke A now.:muscle:

3rdtimescharm
01-21-2004, 07:53 PM
They told you you can now run a large tank on any quad??? Dry break allowed I supose....oh well....

What did they say the reason was for allowing this????

So some new guy wont run out of gas and then they have to tow the guy in?.

Wingnut
01-21-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by BUCK442
Might as well and go ahead and run 4stroke A now.:muscle:

I think that's a good idea!

gizmocor
01-22-2004, 08:06 AM
Stock is becoming more and more like a production class than a stock class:huh :huh :huh

Pappy
01-22-2004, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by gizmocor
Stock is becoming more and more like a production class than a stock class:huh :huh :huh

yeah i know alot of great riders switching to the stock class. its gonna be wild seeing fully sponsered stock class quads on the line:p

01-22-2004, 08:23 AM
I have a Black IMS 4.3 gallon tank for sale....:D

Pappy
01-22-2004, 08:27 AM
lol..i feel sorry for the poor hick that shows up on his 99 bone stock 400ex and picks the stock class because he thinks he can atleast be mid pack:p

ill be talking with a few in that class after the races:devil:

bradley300
01-22-2004, 09:15 AM
seems to me, the real pro-production class starts in the AM.

RP started pro production to get quads in production to race, for much cheaper than a full on aftermarket quad, seems like the class existed well befor the Pro Production class started.

465Stroker
01-22-2004, 09:28 AM
The stock class is for real. I know of a few local A Class riders in District 6 that are having a tough time placing in the top 10 last year.

RP should have an A & B Stock class by 2005 with all of the retired A & Pro national riders swarming at the chance to be on the podium one way or the other...

Pappy
01-22-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by 465Stroker
all of the retired A & Pro national riders swarming at the chance to be on the podium one way or the other...

dayummmm:devil:

MEL
01-22-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
seems to me, the real pro-production class starts in the AM.

RP started pro production to get quads in production to race, for much cheaper than a full on aftermarket quad, seems like the class existed well befor the Pro Production class started.

i thought pro production was supposed to keep the cost down also. and now with them allowing the aftermarket fuel tanks, the price of stock class is going up even more.

bradley300
01-22-2004, 10:14 AM
the intent for the Pro Production class was that it would cost less to build a race quad, but the cost is very similar to the pro class quads.
the 4 stroke stock class is much cheaper and the machines are even closer to a production quad than the Pro Production quads

BUCK442
01-22-2004, 11:28 AM
I hope Stroker is correct an A and B stock class would be nice. Still I would like to see Stock mean Stock. Anybody talked to Itsahonda latley, is he running stock or pro-am?

465Stroker
01-22-2004, 11:58 AM
According to the utility unlimited rules you could run your YFZ450 with one of the GNCC series newest sponsors EFM autoclutches. I know you can run one of those clutches without a cable so chuck it and your in. Rules only state for quads with no racks and an automatic transmission. Check it out!

8. Utility Unlimited (ATV) - A 4 wheel or 2 wheel drive shaft or chain-driven automatic transmission/clutch ATV that does not have racks or rack availability as standard equipment.

465Stroker
01-22-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by BUCK442
I hope Stroker is correct an A and B stock class would be nice. Still I would like to see Stock mean Stock. Anybody talked to Itsahonda latley, is he running stock or pro-am?

I meant for 2005.

Pappy
01-22-2004, 12:04 PM
i'd feel pretty low if i got on my yfz and a UTE handed me my ***:(

Scott Kawi700
01-22-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by 465Stroker
According to the utility unlimited rules you could run your YFZ450 with one of the GNCC series newest sponsors EFM autoclutches. I know you can run one of those clutches without a cable so chuck it and your in. Rules only state for quads with no racks and an automatic transmission. Check it out!

8. Utility Unlimited (ATV) - A 4 wheel or 2 wheel drive shaft or chain-driven automatic transmission/clutch ATV that does not have racks or rack availability as standard equipment.

Rick, Don't you go givin anyone any ideas!!!:grr:

gncc400exxx
01-22-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
lol..i feel sorry for the poor hick that shows up on his 99 bone stock 400ex and picks the stock class because he thinks he can atleast be mid pack:p

Hince why I won't be running the stock this year ,unless I hit the lotto.

my wore out stock 99 had a hard time keeping up,mid pack, at the ironman in 03.

i think the stock class should be from the crate stock ,grips,tires ,plastic skids and all

3rdtimescharm
01-22-2004, 06:33 PM
I dont get them,, why certain parts are allowed to be changed and others are not. well I have a good idea, but ..keep to myself

stock should be stock, i agree

They told me last year that parts are allowed to be changed,like tires to make the machine more reliable.. or more safe to ride. so where does the tank fit? I guess if its allowed then I will be getting one myself so I can keep up with the sponsered riders.

I like racing the stock class last year when I raced it. was really fun.. Never did get to beat that class winning v-force.. almost a few times. junk bike..

Pappy
01-22-2004, 06:35 PM
if you are close enough to the leaders that a fuel stop would cost you a top 5 then get a tank. if you are one of the guys that drags his *** in 30 minutes after the race is over....do you really need the tank:p

79400ex
01-22-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
if you are close enough to the leaders that a fuel stop would cost you a top 5 then get a tank. if you are one of the guys that drags his *** in 30 minutes after the race is over....do you really need the tank:p \
If it is stock you shouldn't need to stop for gas. Most 4stroke will run 2+ hours on a stock tank, even running them hard.

Johnny & Monica
01-22-2004, 11:44 PM
I raced the the stock class at iron man on a predator 500 an ran out of gas the last lap SUCKED ***,A large tank is needed for the predator.

jlhughes750
01-23-2004, 10:29 AM
i finished Rausch in top 5 and never stopped for gas....didn't even hit reserve on the EX...... at NC earlier in the year, i was runnin 4th overall on the last lap (screwed up and dropped back to 7th or so) and that was a flat out wide open track...never hit reserve.

I own a YFZ they do suck gas....more power more gas i guess. i think they should not have allowed tanks..... u want more power, trade off having to stop for gas..... just my opinion.... I knew last year that if i just kept trucking that Travelena or Howell may be in for gas on the last lap and i may have a shot cause of the under powered EX never having to stop.......

jlhughes750
01-23-2004, 10:30 AM
also if they allow tanks then why don't they just let us change the stem too so that taller riders can race a YFZ with out being uncomfortble!!!!!!!;) ;)

indygncc
01-23-2004, 01:57 PM
Jason, I would think you could have a taller stem for that class. It does not have anything to do with performance.

I think it is a bad rule to allow bigger tanks in stock. That is the ONLY advantage a 400EX has (other than reliability) over the other quads.

So are there any new guys racing stock this season? If so what will they be on? I think I might race that class a few times this season on my brothers stock EX just to see how I can do against the 450s.

lshonda310
01-23-2004, 02:42 PM
I just put a HMF exhaust on, do you think they will allow that in Stock class? I promise I will put a throttle resticor on;)

BUCK442
01-23-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by lshonda310
I just put a HMF exhaust on, do you think they will allow that in Stock class? I promise I will put a throttle resticor on;)
Throttle resrictor!
Whats that A six pack rack?

Glad to see ya not runnin stock.:devil:

Sportrax10
01-23-2004, 07:26 PM
What type of other things is the stock class aloud to have?

3rdtimescharm
01-23-2004, 07:52 PM
Indygncc, what races are you thinking of going to and running the stock class??? You wont be on the big v-force at all???

hareracer
01-24-2004, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by lshonda310
I just put a HMF exhaust on, do you think they will allow that in Stock class? I promise I will put a throttle resticor on;) You got that port job and cam in it to didn't you? They'll never catch that at tech inspection.