PDA

View Full Version : New life for Cobra exhausts????

tinner
02-23-2002, 03:59 PM
Today as i was starting to put the Old 250X back together, I finally had the chance to see if I could use the oversized Cobra headpipe I had picked up. Well, it won't work with the stock silencer.....but I think it will work with the stock 400ex silencer. I mounted the pieces up and with some bracket relocation on the silencer it will work. I will have to roll a 18ga piece of steel the diameter of the pipe for a good fit. Basically... you may get a quiet,free flowing exhaust out af a Cobra product. I figured I'd post this and if anyone wants to know the outcome to let me know. If you have the parts laying around, it's a cheap mod.

02-24-2002, 07:04 PM
I tried something kinda similar.I had a Dg silencer for a 250r.That all packing and core came out of.So I cut that off straight.My parents off are both "tinners"(local 36 in st louis)So my dad had a big peice of sheetmetal laying in the basement so I cut that.And rolled it.I used a piece of pvc and then just kinda bent it round.Then I drilled some holes and pop riveted it togother.Then I used a stock 250r silencer mount and mount the silencer on the bike.Then I just made a sheetmetal end cal with a hole in the middle.So I knew it wouldn't work to great.I could get the part I made sealed all the way.I used a bunch of hose clamps and still couldn't get a good seal.It was way loud anyway.

It is cool that U are a tinner to.I probably will be in a couple years.