PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha Wins??

slosh13
01-21-2004, 06:29 PM
I just got my new issue of dirt wheels and they did a test between the new Honda 450R and the Yamaha YFZ450. They tested and tested and pound for pound the Yamaha beat the Honda in almost every situation the both were put into, thus making the Yamaha YFZ450 the high performance quad of 2004. Almost in every category the YFZ got a A+, A, or A-. There was a section or two where it got a B+. But when compared to the Honda, the Honda got a couple A's a couple B's and a couple C's:huh :eek2: I dont know what to think now. I think the Yamaha is a well built machine and so is the Honda. They have changed the way we will be looking at atv racing for the next years to come until something will try and beat them out. But until then these two high performance quads are top dogs. :devil:

Berry
01-21-2004, 06:36 PM
:huh ........to bad there paid too say half the stuff they say:eek2:

toby400ex
01-21-2004, 06:44 PM
Geez, didnt you guys hear? Honda sucks:o

Berry
01-21-2004, 06:49 PM
yeah i guess thats why you have 400ex on your name? :huh

Stock 400 rider
01-21-2004, 06:55 PM
What did the mag say?
Can you post some pages?

chucked
01-21-2004, 07:02 PM
some things in dirt wheels I just cant believe, sometimes they make things that are great sound like they are crap and vice versa, we should wait until it comes out before we start saying which ones better.

01-21-2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by chucked
some things in dirt wheels I just cant believe, sometimes they make things that are great sound like they are crap and vice versa, we should wait until it comes out before we start saying which ones better.

i agree.. I think some of these magazines are full of chit. Wait til it comes out, NOw everyone think about this for a little bit...

Why in the heIl would honda make a quad that is supposed to be competing against the yfz and is coming out after the yfz slower and not as good as the yfz? who wants to buy something that isnt as good, you would think that if honda releases theirs after they would get a yfz and do stuff differently on theres to make it just that much better????

MOFO
01-21-2004, 07:08 PM
Here's a spin.... how many of you guys would be saying how great it is that they picked the 450R to be #1.... probably the same ones that say "they dont know what they are doing" or "they are being paid to print that crap" because they did not pick the Honda. This is common with every hobby out there... when a magazine picks someones favorite truck for "Truck of the year" he supports the magazine... if they dont pick his favorite truck, he then says "they were bought off" or "dont know what they are doing"... I see this ALL the time... really bugs me.

I for one dont believe what they say, no matter what... if its about the quad I like or not. Form your OWN opinions! All of those magazines are nothing but good bathroom reading material IMO.

chucked
01-21-2004, 07:11 PM
id buy the honda over the yamaha because honda has a reputation of having highly reliable quads, im also not rich.

01-21-2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by chucked
id buy the honda over the yamaha because honda has a reputation of having highly reliable quads, im also not rich.

Another thing i forgot to mention, the prices for the quads are considerably different, i would rather buy the crf and with the money i saved buy a pipe and axle or some other aftermarket stuff.

Scottie Mac
01-21-2004, 08:10 PM
If you buy the cheaper Honda, you have to buy a 300 buck HRC kit to get it to perform right. Or, buy a YFZ, do the cam mod (free) and uncork the pipe (also, free). Then the price difference is nominal.

And as far as the guys talking about reliability..... The YZ four stroke motors have been around for a while and are very reliable. I have heard of far more CRF dirtbike motors having "issues" than YZs. The new ATVAction even says that in its newest article covering the TRX.

Give credit where it is due, Yamaha did it right. They built the machine we have all been crying for, for years. If it had Honda stickers on it, you guys would call it hte greatest thing since sliced bread.

Scott

RiPPiNiTuP7
01-21-2004, 08:21 PM
yamaha was better? damn im shocked.:devil:

toby400ex
01-21-2004, 08:21 PM
The only point in buying those mags anymore is for the pics. Most crap u read about in their has been on this site for weeks, or months even.

Got nads?
01-21-2004, 08:22 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Scottie Mac
[B]If you buy the cheaper Honda, you have to buy a 300 buck HRC kit to get it to perform right. Or, buy a YFZ, do the cam mod (free) and uncork the pipe (also, free). Then the price difference is nominal.

And as far as the guys talking about reliability..... The YZ four stroke motors have been around for a while and are very reliable. I have heard of far more CRF dirtbike motors having "issues" than YZs. The new ATVAction even says that in its newest article covering the TRX.

Give credit where it is due, Yamaha did it right. They built the machine we have all been crying for, for years. If it had Honda stickers on it, you guys would call it hte greatest thing since sliced bread.

I agree, I have ridden honda 4 ever, and have bought the yfz450 and am very pleased with it.You guys have to over-come the brand loyalty and decide from there which one is better. Also I wouldn't believe anything that dirtwheels due to the fact that they are very biased in alot of ways to begin with.Just my opinion! ME GOT NADS? BROTHER< ME NOT KNOW ANYTHIng

mxdave28
01-21-2004, 08:28 PM
Must be true if its in Dirt Wheels...thats the Bible isnt it? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

250rtone
01-21-2004, 09:40 PM
Check in that issue and count how many ads yamaha has paid for vs honda.... there is part of your answer.:rolleyes: