PDA

View Full Version : 300ex wont start

BigDave
01-21-2004, 06:15 PM
Was riding, parked it...went back about a month later. Battery is good for the first part. WIth the headlamps OFF, the neutril light comes on, the instant I turn on the headlamp switch, the lamp turns off and no headlamp. The second I hit the starter switch, the neutril light turns off. I can pull start it with the headlamps OFF. And it will run. With the headlamps on, it wont pull start. I can only find two fuses. they are right next to my airboot from filter to carb. Two 15 amp blade type fuses. Where are my other fuses at?

BigDave
01-21-2004, 06:45 PM
I would like to add....I can jump it through the solined (sp). My battery is VERY strong, so its not that either.

sprtrx300ex
01-22-2004, 01:50 PM
check all your connections. The same thing happened to me. It has happened to me a few times. Try tightening the batteryconnections, and the wres near the battery

beak7707
01-22-2004, 05:25 PM
I'm almost positive those are the only fuses on a 300ex. And one of those 2 fuses is a spare, in case you blow one out in the middle of no where. I'd say you have a bad connection somewhere, you'll just have to trace the wires.

jtej
01-22-2004, 06:22 PM
I've had my cylinoid go bad 4-5 times and it would do the same thing that is happening to you. But it also does sound like a loose connection like everyone else said. Check the connections first then resort to a new cylinoid.

dbsbl1
01-23-2004, 08:11 PM
I had a problem with my 300 not starting. It would click when I hit the button. So I tried tapping the starter when I hold the button...started right up.

Scott-300ex
01-24-2004, 02:51 PM
there is a fuse by the air box, not boot, it is in a big cartrage and it sais FUSE, of course, but it would have to be a fuse between the battery and starter, because if it was an ignition it wouldn't start at all and you said you can pull start it

also, it doesn't take hardly any power at all to light the lights up, but a good amount to crank over the motor, so just because your lights work doesnt mean it will crank it over

like the others said check connection