View Full Version : Cracked Plasics

Kadafiy
02-23-2002, 02:03 PM
I was just wonmdering what the best way to fix cracked plastics is. I cracked the left rear fender about 3 inches long and wondered if you guys have any tips on how to fix this or any pictures. Thanks.

250exen
02-23-2002, 02:49 PM
i hear that Devcon from wal-mart is very good stuff. either that or go to a body shop that plastic welds and have them plastic weld it.

330exracer
02-23-2002, 05:21 PM
no theirs a easier way then those. go get your drill and get some zip ties and start stichtin. im a bonified surgeon now because of my old plastic. but now i got new ones!!!!

02-25-2002, 09:47 PM
The best thing to do for cracked plastic is to fix it, not stich it up as what alot of people do, it's very easy to do. Just get a soldering gun. like up the crack or broken off piece, then get the soldering gun hot, then just take the glowing tip and start pushing it into the crack. just take your time and melt it back together, make sure to do it from both sides for a strong hold. then once its back together take and drag the tip over the crack to try to make it cosmetically nicer. i did this to my front plastic. I repaired two mount that i broke off, and a large crack. I haven't had a problem then sence, and i looks alot nicer than cable ties. Al

Kadafiy
02-26-2002, 03:27 PM
I definetly am not zip tying my plastic I don't want it looking like frankenquad. I ordered some flex weld from devcon through work I just got to pick it up. I was going to go with the plastic weld 1 or 2 but the flex weld seems to be better because it has a flex adjent and you can sand and paint it.