PDA

View Full Version : Couple problems w/ 75 CB200T - Pic!

Hybrid93Hatch
01-21-2004, 10:33 AM
First time riding the bike...... I sprayed the carbeurators with some cleaner, push started the bike and rode. Once warmed the bike would not shut off when coming to a stop. I have noticed a couple problems so far:

1) with fuel switch pointing down (main tank) gas drips from the circled line. I know it happens when sitting at idle, but can't tell when riding. Choke is off.

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/12/web/468000-468999/468209_36_full.jpg

2) When I use the right or left turn signals they do not blink. They (front and rear) will just stay constantly lit.

3) Front brakes aren't worth a $hit!!

Bike is a 75 or 76 Honda CB200T

Thanks for any help!

PS <> I can live with the turn signals, brakes need to fixed, and I think the fuel problem is the BIGGEST. I will only be riding to the gym which is ALL residential roads.

Just a learner bike until I get my 04' VLX

sweetass300ex
01-22-2004, 06:04 PM
that looks like the over flow line that goes to the bowl of the carb i would take of the bottom of the carb and clean the float and needel and jets and put back in and checke for leaks and there is a screw that is on the side os the line that might have came loose and if it did it will drip gas

Hybrid93Hatch
01-22-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by sweetass300ex
that looks like the over flow line that goes to the bowl of the carb i would take of the bottom of the carb and clean the float and needel and jets and put back in and checke for leaks and there is a screw that is on the side os the line that might have came loose and if it did it will drip gas

I appreciate the help!! Are you talking about the screw that is circled at the top of the line? I think I'll take the carbs apart anyhow to see if they are plugged. Thanks again for the info

Jimford
01-26-2004, 03:18 PM
I have a 75 cb750. When I shut the bike off the floats always overflow unless I shut the gas off. I should def. be the floats sticking. Clean them up. You should be able to get new ones also, they are very cheap! I also have had a problem with my lights not blinking. You should go to your Honda dealership and pick up a clymers manual. It will give you the wiring diagrams for your model. I had to re-wire my whole bike last year----sucked!

Jimford
01-26-2004, 03:21 PM
Are the front brakes disk? Sometimes if the pads are old they get really hard and are worthless! Check to see if your brake fluid is clear. I had to rebuild my front brake caliper. Easy job and the kit is cheap! My bike sat for some years and all the fluids went to hell. if you change the brake fluid pump alot of excess through the line to try and clean them out.