PDA

View Full Version : whitebrothers e series

mx8
01-21-2004, 06:39 AM
I have been considering buying a e series pipie for my 400ex the motor will probley stay stock for now for trail riding. Anyone have any problems with theres. And can you feel a dirrerence. I also have a deal on a full LRD. Is the sound level about the same. Dont want a super loud pipe.

exrider505
01-21-2004, 06:42 AM
I have the WB pro mega full system, it came with a wb powerfilter. I noticed great gains in power mid to top end. Sounds great. Got it for $420 from rockymountainatv.com.

mustang
01-21-2004, 07:15 AM
check out the pipe shoot out: www.dirtwheelsmag.com

Sportrax10
01-21-2004, 07:56 AM
My friend has one, there is a big differance. It is also suppose to be a lot quieter then the LRD... Good luck finding a pipe.

WhiteBros400ex
01-21-2004, 09:11 AM
I have one and it is very quiet and i like it alot, i might consider selling it its pretty much brand new.

mx8
01-21-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by WhiteBros400ex
I have one and it is very quiet and i like it alot, i might consider selling it its pretty much brand new.

Thanks for the info. If you like your whitebro pipe why do you want to sell it. Also does the pipe ever hit the rear brake. Is there two mounting brakets on the pipe.

jja125
01-21-2004, 01:05 PM
i like mine. i think there's only one mounting bracket. it makes a pretty noticible difference in power over stock w/ an air filter. its loud enough that it sounds good, but not too loud if you know what i mean. good thing is that its tuneable in case you do more motor work later on you can add/remove discs or whatever. don't think it'll hit the back brake or at least i never noticed it, but i don't jump all that much either. got it from c&d racing off this site and it only took about a week and the price was really good too. talk to dusty there.

hondarider2006
01-21-2004, 03:43 PM
I got a wb earlier last summer, and I wish I would have gone with the HMF or Sparks. The power is good, but the quality isn't. Mine is also the newer one with the added support brackets and it still cracked. I do ride pretty hard, but you would think that wb would think of this while desiging there pipes. My friend down the road has a wb also, and his cracked.

Here is a pic of the cracks.

jja125
01-21-2004, 04:52 PM
hmmmm, i never knew they cracked there. i'll have to check mine out and see if its cracked. :confused:

foleyit
01-21-2004, 08:02 PM
Sorry to hear about WB e-series pipe cracking like that. I had one that did that too before they started putting the brackets on the pipe. I would try and give them a call and see if you get a new replacement pipe. I may have just got lucky.

dannyboy20
01-21-2004, 08:09 PM
i have a Wb. I like mine . Not too loud but sounds pretty good. Deff some good power gains over stock.

tprender
01-22-2004, 06:36 AM
I have an E-series on my 440 now and like it very much. I am using 13 disc's at the present time and it runs very good and is not that loud. I did have a Sparks pipe before and it was very good. I had to get rid of it because of the noise. The WB gave me almost the same power and performance as the Sparks. From all of the test that I have seen the Sparks rates at the top and the E-series is just below it. Mine has the 2 mounting taps and I also put some extra washers to push it away so that the brake calibator would not hit, just incase it did come close. Also, I am still using the stock head pipe with the welds cut out. The Sparks was a full system.
Had a Big Gun full system and lost power with it, it was junk.

gimpbzkt400ex
01-22-2004, 07:32 AM
if you don't want a real loud pipe... definatlly don't get the LRD... cuz they are REAL loud... good pipe... but just loud... I have the e-series... and I like it

01-25-2004, 07:56 PM
I have a 2001 400ex with a white brother's pipe and I really like it too. I recently discovered a crack where the pipe goes into the can. I had the kid down the street weld it up and so far it has held great! Good luck with your decision.;)

WhiteBros400ex
01-25-2004, 11:25 PM
Mine cracked to i dont know why i mean i ride hard but it should have lasted. No it wont hit the rear brake it has a swnt premade into the pipe to it wont. And yes mien has 2 mounting brakets, i am lookign for a TC pipe now it better quality.

Smokin 440
01-26-2004, 07:22 AM
If you get the full pro meg system you wouldnt have to worry about that spot b/c its made differently, I have one and its great no problems at all...

mcmike
01-26-2004, 05:33 PM
Racing XC, I've had my E series welded 6 times in the same two spots. Around the pipe at the silencer, and the mounting bracket on the pipe. Bought a CT Racing silencer, so far so good, and its not as loud.