PDA

View Full Version : DMC Exhaust

Captsandy2
01-20-2004, 10:48 PM
I am putting a DMC exhaust on 2001 400EX and was told that the only thing else I need to do is add a K&N jet kit to make the mod complete. Except for a K&N filter everything else is completely stock. Does anyone have any suggestions on this setup?
Thanks very much.

Michael

WillVallATV
01-21-2004, 10:51 AM
Hey Captsandy2, Did you get the DMC with the sparkarrester?? I have the DMC on one of my quads.. it works really good and produces good power.... the only bad thing is the pipe is about 114 decibals.. make sure that you wipe down the head pipe with the rubbing alchol pads provided with the pipe ... If you dont wipe the head pipe down before you start the quad and heat it up it will show all your fingerprints and oils that are on the pipe..... and once there on the head pipe you cannot get them off... the head pipe also turns to a bronze color with a blue and copper color rainbow effect to the pipe, this is normal....

Hope this helps a little ..... Have fun with it .......

zephead400ex
01-21-2004, 11:45 AM
You will also need to rejet. Is it the DMC Alien exhaust? jw. After adding mods to increase power, rejetting is required.

Good luck.

Texan32
01-21-2004, 01:46 PM
I have been running the Alien for over 2 years now. My settings....

165 main. (the one in the K&N kit)
new needle (the one in the K&N kit)
needle clip in the 3rd from top setting(if i recall correctly)
40 pilot
2 1/2 turns out (mixture screw)
K&N filter w/Outerware
no airbox lid

I have not put it on a scope to see if i am running too rich/lean. But, i have never had a plug foul up or appear burt. The above setup has worked flawlessly since installed!

Captsandy2
01-21-2004, 05:35 PM
Thanks very much for the idea's. That's the really awsome thing about this forum. There are so many people out there that have gone through all this stuff and they are willing to share their thoughts with others. I really appreciate it. Sounds like the DMC is going to be really really loud! I do not have a spark arrestor on it now, but will need it later when I hit the trails instead of the beach. The jetting info is really appreciated as I have heard that can be difficult. I will give it a try and see how it goes. And of course fingerprints and stuff forever is not a good thing. I will make sure to wipe them off.
Thank you,

Michael