PDA

View Full Version : What next?

400grl
01-20-2004, 10:13 PM
Hey guys! I am getting my no-footers down pretty good, and I was wondering what the easiest trick is to transition to after that? Nac-Nac? All I can do is lookbacks and No-Footers....:rolleyes:

And the only place I can practice is at the track on big tables...so....keep that in mind! :) Thanks!

Nausty
01-21-2004, 06:16 AM
no footed one handers, nothings, no handers, heel clickers, can cans

400grl
01-21-2004, 07:05 AM
oooooo....no-footed one hander.....maybe i will try that one. I tried a no hander a long time ago and almost died!! :) LOL!

EXJUMPER
01-21-2004, 08:39 AM
After I learned no footers I learned no handers and then started doing no footer to a no hander and then that turned into nothing no hander lander. We are going to the dunes Jan. 30 so I think I'm goning to try out a no footed can, if that works who knows what I'll try next.:)

400grl
01-21-2004, 09:07 AM
How do you keep the quad from getting away from you when you are doing a nothing??

EXJUMPER
01-21-2004, 09:27 AM
I don't do anything special, I just let go and the quad stays right there. As long as you don't kick off the pegs to hard to get your feet up it should stay with you considering you are traveling the same speed. I always thought that it would drop away too but when I finally did it, it stayed with me.

EXJUMPER
01-21-2004, 09:34 AM
The only time I screwed up doing nothing no hander landers is when I was at buttercup over halloween. When I do them I don't check the bars at all. I jump off and then keep my hands in the air while I put my feet back on the pegs. Well I thought that I had my feet on te pegs but my one foot was over the brake and when I landed I almost went over the bars.

400grl
01-21-2004, 09:37 AM
LOL!!!! Yeah - landing on the brake sucks!!!

When you do a no-handed lander, what keeps the tires going straight when you land? I'm always afraid that they will dig in a little and turn on me!

EXJUMPER
01-21-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by 400grl
LOL!!!! Yeah - landing on the brake sucks!!!

When you do a no-handed lander, what keeps the tires going straight when you land? I'm always afraid that they will dig in a little and turn on me!

That would suck.....I don't know to tell you the truth. Most of the time I land straight, but I've landed a little sideways a couple of times and the tires didn't dig in. When you try them for the first few times just try them on small jobs so you get the feel for it.
Good luck!;)

400grl
01-21-2004, 11:08 AM
Cool!!! Thanks for the tips!!! :) And from a local!!!

Dan_Guetter
01-21-2004, 11:20 AM
practice on the ground, bike tramp, water.....where ever you can get the motion........be repetitive......then slowly transfer that on the quad......

It will come to ya faster than you think..........

Hopfully we can see a superman seat grab outa you by mid summer!!!!:devil: :devil:

dan

400grl
01-21-2004, 11:23 AM
LOL!!!! That would be cool if I could get to a superman!! :) My feet feel so heavy when I practice on the ground!!! I will have to bug Sheldon to see if he will let me on his trampoline!

urb'nyouthfilms
01-21-2004, 11:39 AM
If you have confidence start bringing your feet back to your rear fenders, then if you get good at that kick your feet back further and try a superman. thats how i learned

Nausty
01-21-2004, 04:20 PM
if your worried about floating away on nothings. Try to start your trick a little later than other tricks so that your already in the air before you even start the trick. Is what flings you off is when your preload off a ramp and let go right afterwords....

Beleive me I learned the hard way.:(

No hander landers are easy. Your bars won't turn as long as they don't hit any bumps and you land right. Keep most of your weight towards the rear on the landing too.

just imagine how hard it would be on a bike...

400grl
01-21-2004, 08:38 PM
Cool - thanks! I think I am going to work on getting my feet out more behind me on my no footers, and then work on a one-hander.... hands are hard for me for some reason!!! :rolleyes:

urb'nyouthfilms
01-21-2004, 09:57 PM
take it one step at a time, dont rush yourself, thats usually when you end up falling. your not gonna be the next august goebel over night;)

400grl
01-22-2004, 07:10 AM
Don't worry!!! I'm one of those really careful people....it took me a year to get to a no-footer!!! LOL!

EXJUMPER
01-22-2004, 07:29 AM
Taking off your hands is hard at first. But once you do it, it's like thats it. I went from just loosing my hands on the grips to my hands being stretched out behind my back in one day. Just keep doing over and over until you are totally comfortable doing it.

Nausty
01-22-2004, 01:34 PM
yup, exjumper has it right. Start small and work your way up.

If it just takes you a while but at least you don't have to worry about crashing and getting hurt losing practice time.

Just loosen up your grip and take it farther from there as you feel comfortable.