PDA

View Full Version : WB CDI Hi-Rev. How to put in?

660r2a400ex
01-20-2004, 08:50 PM
how do i put the revo box in, where are they located at what do i have to take off to get to it, ican't find the stock unit.

EXDuner
01-20-2004, 10:30 PM
White Bros huh? I made the same mistake. Well, you just peek under the nose end of the plastic. Its tucked inside a rubber casing that's attatched to the frame. just undo the wire connector and swap it out. Should take no time at all. Good luck and hope the weather isn't cold in Virginia. ha ha:D

660r2a400ex
01-20-2004, 10:54 PM
lol, yea thats what i hear about them things man, i just wanted to give it a try!!! what about procoms?

EXDuner
01-20-2004, 11:00 PM
I don't know anything about procoms, but there is a thread from a couple of days ago about cdi boxes. They say that the GT thunder is a good one for the money but if it's out yet go with the Vortex. $400 but it has many different rpm ranges that you can adjust for your riding. It even makes it so you can adjust on the fly between two different curves. I am just going to sell my WB and put the stocker back on for now. It's too cold here to start without putting the charger on it and I am sick of doing that every single time.:mad:

660r2a400ex
01-20-2004, 11:10 PM
is it really that bad, why are they that bad, u would want to trade that wb rev-limiter for like maybe a stock axle with slight bend or, something would you

01-21-2004, 08:15 AM
Dont' even get it out of the box. Return it and get your money back before it's too late. You will have starting problem with this CDI, garaunteed.:mad:

brandonpeake
01-21-2004, 08:35 AM
i sold mine on ebay, it didnt give me any problems but im going with the gt thunder

hondaracer31
01-21-2004, 08:39 AM
I had the same problem with the WB rev box then I got a rev box from JB Racing. It runs at least as good as the Wb box AND it will start even when it is 0 degrees out!

F-16Guy
01-21-2004, 09:20 PM
Send it back and get a refund if you can. The WB box is really an XR250 CDI box. Because it was meant for a kickstart engine, it has a circuit to prevent spark until the engine is turned over at a certain rpm (so the kickstarter doesn't kick you in the back of the leg while you're trying to find TDC). What you want is a modified 400ex box, which will eliminate (or increase) the rev limiter without giving any starting problems. The starting problem with the WB box is usually associated with modified engines, as the compression ratio is usually higher and the compression release on the cam is removed, both causing the engine to turn over slower during startup. You can tell the difference between the two boxes by the size, the XR250 box is smaller.

cade
01-21-2004, 09:53 PM
so where do you get a modified 400 cdi?

airheadedduner
01-21-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by F-16Guy
the XR250 box is smaller.
And the one from WB just has WB scratched in the side, how professional:rolleyes:

What I do to prevent starting troble is to get a floating charger. They are under $15. I got a couple push together conectors. Cliped the aligator clips off the charger and wired on one end of the push conector. On the other end of the push conector wired a couple of the metal loop things(you can get them at an autoparts store) and conected them to the battery. I just zip tie the loose push conector that is hooked to the battery on the side of the subframe. Now it takes like 2sec to hook up to a charger. Everytime I get home I just walk in and plug the EX into the wall and am good to go. No starting woes yet and I get to keep my WB box without getting po'ed at it.

QuadJunkies
01-22-2004, 10:55 AM
I just ordered a GT today!!:blah: We also have the Vortex CDI on our Predator. VERY nice addition to the quad but spendy:( ...

01-22-2004, 03:12 PM
where can i order a gt box?

EXDuner
01-22-2004, 05:53 PM
I'd like to have my stock CDI modified too.....anyone know the contact information to someone who does it?

nastynotchback1
01-22-2004, 07:02 PM
same here with wb.if i crank it every day it will start but let it sit for 2 days and its battery charger time.i just put my stock one back on. how much is the gt thunder

QuadJunkies
01-22-2004, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by nastynotchback1
same here with wb.if i crank it every day it will start but let it sit for 2 days and its battery charger time.i just put my stock one back on. how much is the gt thunder 125.00:)