View Full Version : removal of reverse and parking brake cables

muff
02-23-2002, 08:57 AM
from other posts i have read, and ex tech i found out how to get rid of the reverse cable and the parking brake cable with the block off piece, but when i buy a new perch and lever, where do i put that little box thing thats attached to the stock perch? the wires from the box go to the light switches and the starter button, how would i get rid of this box so i can get a new perch?

02-23-2002, 09:04 AM
You cut them wires off at the box. All they are for is when the quads in gear it won't start. Cut them wires and tape them to the wires that are for your lights. You don't need them. Now after cutting them and installing your new perch the quad will jump if you don't have the clutch in when starting.

NJ300ex
02-23-2002, 03:06 PM
Rob is right. when you take the perch off cut the two wires that are there and connect them.

JhallettEX
02-23-2002, 08:07 PM
Actually you guys a half right, you need to cut them and then wire them together. This will allow to to remain starting your guad in any gear. If you dont wire them together you can only start your quad when it is in neutral.