PDA

View Full Version : Boy ...did I get a surprise for my Bday!!!

QuadJunkies
01-20-2004, 10:46 AM
I got to find out a day early what I got( I have to work on my Bday so he told me now;) )Im not going to be the slowest quad on the block anymore!!!!!!:D

426 BIg Bore Kit
ROSS Piston
Hot Cam Stage II
CDI(not sure which one yet)
Timing Change on Flywheel
Carb from the Predator:eek:

Someone is going to SERIOUSLY being crusin on those dunes this summer to the Group ride:D :cool: :blah: :macho

Parts are starting to roll in now, I should have it done in time for my next race!!!!

Natertot426ex
01-20-2004, 10:48 AM
Do you think it will keep up with mine?:D I guess there is only one way to find out eh? Well Hope you can get it all done soon. It will be interesting to see how ours will compare. What compression is the piston?

QuadJunkies
01-20-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Natertot426ex
Do you think it will keep up with mine?:D I guess there is only one way to find out eh? Well Hope you can get it all done soon. It will be interesting to see how ours will compare. What compression is the piston? I think he said it was 11:5???:confused: Hetricks I think is who is getting him all the parts and one other place I cant remember who ,it was brief since I had to head off to work but Rich did tell Troy that this thing will be smokin when its all done:D I still need to get a dampener and PC done sometime and a set of A arms then Im good to go for a bit on mine...........haha yeah right..........Who am I kiddin:o :p Im sure it wil keep up with yours..........:devil:

QuadJunkies
01-20-2004, 10:56 AM
Do you think it will keep up with mine?:D I guess there is only one way to find out eh? Well Hope you can get it all done soon. It will be interesting to see how ours will compare. What compression is the piston? BTW. Did I tell you Troy is getting an edlebrock??? Thats when his Carb will go on mine

400exmom
01-20-2004, 02:26 PM
skeerd me thought i forgot yer birthday!

congrates on the goodies!!

Glow Plug
01-20-2004, 02:48 PM
sounds like your gonig to have an awsome birhtday haha :cool:

kgbg
01-20-2004, 02:53 PM
NICE! I am excited for you. That will be a runner! Good Luck, have fun!

JOEX
01-20-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I got to find out a day early what I got( I have to work on my Bday so he told me now;) )Im not going to be the slowest quad on the block anymore!!!!!!:D

426 BIg Bore Kit
ROSS Piston
Hot Cam Stage II
CDI(not sure which one yet)
Timing Change on Flywheel
Carb from the Predator:eek:

Gifts like that make birthdays worthwhile!:p
What carb does the Pred have and is it a direct bolt on?

Joe

Narly R
01-20-2004, 04:20 PM
Thats AWSOME! Gongrats, and HAPPY early B-DAY!!!!:blah: :cool:

Take er' easy!

remlapr
01-20-2004, 04:29 PM
QJ - With a 426 bore, 11:1 or higher compression and a timing key you're probably going to have to run race gas to prevent detonation.

QuadJunkies
01-21-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by remlapr
QJ - With a 426 bore, 11:1 or higher compression and a timing key you're probably going to have to run race gas to prevent detonation. thats ok;) were running the Predator on C12 so I guess Troy will have to share with me now.....:D

QuadJunkies
01-21-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
Gifts like that make birthdays worthwhile!:p
What carb does the Pred have and is it a direct bolt on?

Joe I dont have all the ins and outs on the Carb, but Ita been done with a Z400 sO im going to Give Daryl Rath a call and HardRock a call and find out what All Is needed to do this, but I guess it was quite impressive :blah:

QuadJunkies
01-21-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by 400exmom
skeerd me thought i forgot yer birthday!

congrates on the goodies!! Thanks girl;)

hondarider2006
01-21-2004, 12:58 AM
:eek2: Can I get an early b-day present also;) :rolleyes:

Braff1
01-21-2004, 02:17 AM
QJ, what concerns me is not the fact you will need race gas but you may need a bigger oil cooler or something else to cool that puppy down. The high compression with the timing key is going to produce a lot of heat.

Just my 0.02$ worth.

01-21-2004, 06:13 AM
Call GT thunder for the CDI box, he's make the only one that really works like it should...:cool:

QuadJunkies
01-21-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Call GT thunder for the CDI box, he's make the only one that really works like it should...:cool: Rico, any ideas on how much it costs??? Braff1~~~~ Ill figure out all the ins and outs on this, How much for a bigger cooler???? I will have tons of questions so that I make sure Im running good and dont detonate :o

QuadJunkies
01-21-2004, 10:09 AM
and I was told not to change the timeing if I am changing the CDI:confused: ............... SIGH...... I have a feeling this is going to be ALOT more pain in the @$$ than I thought it was going to be.......:( :rolleyes:

kgbg
01-21-2004, 10:11 AM
Tina, pass on the oil tank. Go with the 4 stroke tech oil cooler (aux). This is the best set up. Its about $175, and ACTUALLY cools the oil and the head temp, drops cool oil right on the cam ans valves.

QuadJunkies
01-21-2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by kgbg
Tina, pass on the oil tank. Go with the 4 stroke tech oil cooler (aux). This is the best set up. Its about $175, and ACTUALLY cools the oil and the head temp, drops cool oil right on the cam ans valves. Can you shoot me some links please!!! I want all the ins and outs to show Troy !:) I HAVE TO make sure I have EVERYTHING thats needed so I dont mess up my upcoming races in Feb.!!

kgbg
01-21-2004, 10:29 AM
OK here is a link for a write up on it. I lied its ONLY $120.00!
http://www.off-road.com/atv/projects/400ex/coolkit/
Good Luck!

01-21-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Rico, any ideas on how much it costs??? Braff1~~~~ Ill figure out all the ins and outs on this, How much for a bigger cooler???? I will have tons of questions so that I make sure Im running good and dont detonate :o

I believe they are around $130 or so. Id' say you'd benifit from it more than the sparks Key but it's also more money.:(

QuadJunkies
01-21-2004, 12:43 PM
Call GT thunder for the CDI box, he's make the only one that really works like it should...:cool: Ill order one tomorrow, Can you shoot me a Phone # for them????? Anything else I should need(well we ALWATYS need something!!:p :D ) Troy will call Hetricks today and find out any thing further I guess, he is who we are getting all our stuff from:)

QuadJunkies
01-22-2004, 12:18 AM
I got some more info From Rich Hetrick ,looks like I wont have to run Race gas, he says the Comp. isnt enough to have to worry about it, and Unless Im running a GNC or Desert race WIDE open , to leave the flywheel alone , I dont HAVE to get a CDI, but to bump it up another 1000RPM,s I can IF I want(which I do) so Im going to give GT a call:blah:
Im going to go ahead and Port and polish as well......:D he also said I shouldnt need any cooler,but we both agreeed it cant hurt so, Im going to research a little more on what other options are out there(pros and Cons ) or even maybe see if a local we know who fabricates alot of nice stuff would want to make me up something......:) I trust his work so Im going with this I think, he said alot has to do with personal preference but some of the things Troy ran across him ,he said I can do w/o until I HAVE to to change something later by choice

Natertot426ex
01-22-2004, 07:39 AM
Does that CDI box have trouble with cold starting like the white brothers? To tell you the truth tina. You may not need the rev box. I have never toped out a stock one with mine. You definitly don't need to run race gas but you can add a little to each tank. When I go to the dunes I mix it half and half. keeps it a little cooler and a little smidge more power. Oil cooler is good. I don't have one and I only notice that drop in power when it is hot out and I have been riding all day. I hope to do something with mine soon. I should probably look and the inerds of mine and see how things look. It is a good thing you are going to port and polish it. While you are at it you might as well put some tripple angle valves in it. that helps a lot. I want to do that to mine. I need to find out how much it costs though. I feel like I am babling so I'll go now.

QuadJunkies
01-22-2004, 08:49 AM
Does that CDI box have trouble with cold starting like the white brothers? To tell you the truth tina. You may not need the rev box. I have never toped out a stock one with mine. You definitly don't need to run race gas but you can add a little to each tank. When I go to the dunes I mix it half and half. keeps it a little cooler and a little smidge more power. Oil cooler is good. I don't have one and I only notice that drop in power when it is hot out and I have been riding all day. I hope to do something with mine soon. I should probably look and the inerds of mine and see how things look. It is a good thing you are going to port and polish it. While you are at it you might as well put some tripple angle valves in it. that helps a lot. I want to do that to mine. I need to find out how much it costs though. I feel like I am babling so I'll go now. Nate, would you mind getting in touch with me when you find out how much the Valves are and let Troy know please? He is taking my Quad in here shortly to have the work done, Carls is inspectiong my piston today and fidnig out how much its going to run to have all the work done.:) I am pretty sure Ill be doing something with the cooler, just not sure what all is Avail. out there so Im going to do some reseach, BTW. I have heard from a few that the WB is hard to get started from a few others....... Rico~~~Whats the difference with GT's CDI VS the others?? How is it for starting?? Can you Post GT phone #?? I would like to call them this morning........:)

dirtmomma
01-22-2004, 09:07 AM
OK NOW I SEE WHY EVERYONE IS SAYING GOOD LUCK W/ "NEW" QUAD LMAO!!! WOW sounds like you had an AWESOME BD you lucky girl you now you CAN'T come up here & race hell you'll probalby LAP me hahaha j/k I gots a BD comin up soon I maybe I'll get some goodies for it :rolleyes: I can already hear Ron, "you don't need anything we jsut did yours"*blah* He acts like he never gets to do anything to his but HELL when you DON'T ride it why do anything!! He's got a damn 460 kit just sitting up at the shop, just waiting to be put in!! I've been trying & trying to get him to put it in & let me race it BUT NOOOOOOOOO!!! Gee can ya tell I get a little irritated LOL I'm happy for ya & your gonna go out & kick some Kawi arse hehehe:devil: The boy & I are gonna go do a little indoor mx this weekend, hope I can hang LOL here we go w/ arm pump again, get out the BenGay & pain patches hahaha BTW I still HAVEN'T went thru the vids yet sorry I'll get to it.

QuadJunkies
01-22-2004, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
OK NOW I SEE WHY EVERYONE IS SAYING GOOD LUCK W/ "NEW" QUAD LMAO!!! WOW BTW I still HAVEN'T went thru the vids yet sorry I'll get to it. hahaha........ No problem,;) Have fun this wk end!!! Ill be down for about a month before thenext race:rolleyes: Im going to go NUTS! Maybe if troys is done while mine is in getting done in the shop we will share his for a day and go play on the MX ........

QuadJunkies
01-22-2004, 09:53 AM
Call GT thunder for the CDI box, he's make the only one that really works like it should...:cool: Nevermind on the phone # I found it and gave them acall this morning;) .. Nate~~~ I asked them about why the WB is so hard to start ,he said its because it was made based on a kick start machine, theres a new one coming out soon(could be 1-6 months before its out) GT is going to maybe do some testing on it and see how it works:cool: . Im goingto still go ahead and order one from them now, and he said I shouldnt need a larger cooler if I dont ride WOT(woods racing ect) for my riding I should be fine the cooliing is minimal........